Crisis on Infinite Earths - Arrowverse

Kennywood

Kennywood
How many people are looking forward to the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" crossover event in the Arrowverse?

These crossover events are what the DC movies should be but aren't.

It does sound like actual politics might have kept Dean Cain from being part of this latest crossover event. Cain is a staunch conservative. All you have to do is watch "Supergirl" to know that the writers have a political point-of-view that's a "little" left of that.

Still, we're getting 3 Supermen and 2 Lois Lanes. I've read that, somehow, Burt Ward (the '60s Robin in "Batman") is involved. I couldn't find any definitive word if Lynda Carter would be involved, either as the US President or as Wonder Woman.

I used to watch the Arrowverse on Netflix, and I seemed to have stopped. I am so far behind, and I'll never get there in time, especially since I'm not recording the latest seasons on my DVR. Would I be totally lost if I just watched these episodes?

I don't watch the shows, but I do tune in for the crossover episodes. Last year's crossover was excellent. And since this years's crossover is based on the landmark comic book mini-series, I'm hoping it will be just as good.

I don't think anyone really needs to be an avid viewer of all of the shows to enjoy the crossover episodes.

I'm not really excited, honestly. I haven't been happy with the Arrowverse shows this past season, except Legends. Legends is self-aware.

I'm going to watch anyway. But my hopes aren't high.

Legends is the only Arrowverse show that I watch. While the stories can occasionally get intensive, the show really doesn't take itself too seriously.

Last year's crossover event was a much better "Justice League" show than the actual "Justice League" movie.

I have to say Crisis has turned out to be much better than previous crossovers.

Are we all watching "aftermath"?

I was kinda disappointed with Arrow's demise... interesting how quickly his cache of arrows suddenly disappeared after the collision.

Last edited:

I watched it...WOW!!!

I don't think Linda Carter is coming back. She is no longer the US President, having resigned after the public learned she was an alien.

Burt Ward in the first episode was great...I was like, Robin!

I just scrolled through quickly since I haven’t watched yesterday’s episode yet. The husband has to catch up on Arrow before we watch. He watches Arrow, I watch Supergirl, and we compare notes before the crossover, ha. We both watch Flash, Batwoman, and Legends (when they’re on, that is). Eventually we’ll get Black Lightning in.

I’m really excited for Brandon Routh to be Superman again. I’m one of, like, 10 people who enjoyed Superman Returns and was crushed when they didn’t continue on.

So yeah, that opening montage.
- Robert Wuhl was in the Tim Burton Batman
- Burt Ward saying "Holy X!" like we all knew he would
- The Titans from DC Universe
- The Ray
- The Legends losing trivia night because they Barry Allened the timeline

I don't think Linda Carter is coming back. She is no longer the US President, having resigned after the public learned she was an alien.
They'll probably get a cameo in. Or maybe she's already shown up. Her character is a Durlan, after all.

As far as I know, the only people they didn't ask were Dean Cain and Alison Mack, for political and involved with a criminal cult related reasons, respectively.

It was a little bit confusing with all the Supermans/Clark Kents who weren't doppelgängers. I guess they've done that before with where a different universe had a different Flash.

So yeah, that opening montage.
- Robert Wuhl was in the Tim Burton Batman
- Burt Ward saying "Holy X!" like we all knew he would
- The Titans from DC Universe
- The Ray
- The Legends losing trivia night because they Barry Allened the timeline

They'll probably get a cameo in. Or maybe she's already shown up. Her character is a Durlan, after all.

As far as I know, the only people they didn't ask were Dean Cain and Alison Mack, for political and involved with a criminal cult related reasons, respectively.

What about Kristen Kruk?

I was just thinking how stupid "Lazarus pit" sounds. I guess it's too late to call it a "Lazarus pool".

It was a little bit confusing with all the Supermans/Clark Kents who weren't doppelgängers. I guess they've done that before with where a different universe had a different Flash.
I got used to it with shows like Sliders that had "fraternal doubles".

I was just thinking how stupid "Lazarus pit" sounds. I guess it's too late to call it a "Lazarus pool".
It does sound dumb. But then again, we're talking about a pit that can bring dead people back to life, so it's not the dumbest thing about it.

Finished watching parts 2 & 3 yesterday. Obviously, it's not at the level of the comics, but within what they've got in the Arrowverse, it's worked well and they managed to hit all the beats of the miniseries.

Comic book geek aside: within the past 2 years we've gotten movies (Infinity Saga) and tv shows (Crisis) based on comics drawn by the great George Perez. Being the greedy guy I am I say that we need to complete the trilogy and get JLA/Avengers.

Last edited:
As the last 2 of the 5 parts doesn't air until next month, I'm deliberately holding off watching any of the December episodes. I want to sit down and watch all 5 episodes in one sitting.

It does sound dumb. But then again, we're talking about a pit that can bring dead people back to life, so it's not the dumbest thing about it.

And people going around wearing weird outfits. However, there's of course a distinct lack of spandex in this crossover other than Brandon Routh.

I think I saw more capes in the most recent episode of The Great Food Truck Race.

As the last 2 of the 5 parts doesn't air until next month, I'm deliberately holding off watching any of the December episodes. I want to sit down and watch all 5 episodes in one sitting.
I think you should watch the first 3, then wait the month for the last half. Gives you something of that authentic comic book experience.

OK the last two hours were depressing (vintage Arrow) and a bit nuts (vintage Legends)

- Potentially the last time we see the Ezra Miller Flash
- GIANT BEEBO
- Marv Wolfman cameo
- About half of Ray's dialogue. Liked the Microverse joke the best.
- At least 3 earths combined into Earth Prime
- A real Justice League/Superfriends/Warehouse Heroes
- Gleek escaped... obviously Barry's fault
- Decent introduction to Ryan Choi
- Lex is a hero
- Sara Diggle is back and John Jr is still around

On the negative side, John "Stewart" Diggle somehow did not become a Green Lantern

OK the last two hours were depressing (vintage Arrow) and a bit nuts (vintage Legends)

- Potentially the last time we see the Ezra Miller Flash
- GIANT BEEBO
- Marv Wolfman cameo
- About half of Ray's dialogue. Liked the Microverse joke the best.
- At least 3 earths combined into Earth Prime
- A real Justice League/Superfriends/Warehouse Heroes
- Gleek escaped... obviously Barry's fault
- Decent introduction to Ryan Choi
- Lex is a hero
- Sara Diggle is back and John Jr is still around

On the negative side, John "Stewart" Diggle somehow did not become a Green Lantern

I'm not up on the comic books, can you explain the importance of Ryan Choi? And remind me what the gleek was?

So, everyone is on the same Earth now? Should make for some easier crossovers in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter