Critique my ADR strategy for 4/24

PDXmouse

Mouseketeer
We arrive at the Swan on 6/23, so our dining window opens Monday, 4/24. We will be there 14 days so I will have to get up and be ready at 3 am for FOUR DAYS IN A ROW. 😫😴

Critique my plan please!

On 4/24:
1. 60+6 Boma dinner
2. 60+7 Hollywood Brown Derby dinner
3. 60+8 Yak & Yeti dinner
4. 60+2 50’s Prime Time dinner
5. 60+ 3 Le Cellier Steakhouse dinner
6. 60+5 Skipper Canteen lunch
7. 60+4 Bluezoo dinner
8. 60+4 Beaches & Cream lunch

On 4/25
1. 60+10 Fireworks dessert pre-party for 7/3

On 4/26
1. 60+10 Space 220 lunch
2. 60+10 *maybe* Spice Road fireworks dining??

On 4/27
1. 60+10 Oga’s Cantina
2. 60+10 Sci Fi dinner

On 4/28 (I’m not getting up at 3 am to book this one. Lol.)
1. Trattoria Al Forno Breakfast

How many people are in your dining party?

At 60+10 for your last 4 days of reservations, I don't think you'll need to get up at 3AM.
I'm also on the West Coast and was able to get everything I wanted when I woke up in the morning after 8AM PT.

Beaches & Cream might be a tougher reservation to get since it has such limited seating, you might want to move it up in your booking priority list.

Are you booking the restaurant or lounge for Space 220? Lounge reservations are harder to get, but still should be fine at 60+10.

How many people are in your dining party?

At 60+10 for your last 4 days of reservations, I don't think you'll need to get up at 3AM.
I'm also on the West Coast and was able to get everything I wanted when I woke up in the morning after 8AM PT.

Beaches & Cream might be a tougher reservation to get since it has such limited seating, you might want to move it up in your booking priority list.

Are you booking the restaurant or lounge for Space 220? Lounge reservations are harder to get, but still should be fine at 60+10.
Thanks! I’ll move Beaches and Cream up on the priority list.

I was thinking Space 220 restaurant. Is the lounge better?

Our party is two adults and two teenagers.

In the Space 220 restaurant, everyone at the table must get the prix fixe meal ($55). In the lounge, there's a separate lounge menu, or you also have the option of ordering the prix fixe menu from the restaurant. The lounge is a more popular option because it doesn't lock everyone into the prix fixe meal, so it's great if not everyone in your party is that hungry or not that into the options on the restaurant menu. You could all just have drinks and dessert, for example, or one person could enjoy the prix fixe meal while the others get appetizers.

The restaurant and lounge seating are all in one big room, but most of the restaurant seating is around the outside, closer to the "windows", and a couple of steps down on a lower level. I haven't been but reviews say the experience is pretty similar being seated in the restaurant or the lounge.

There are separate booking pages for the restaurant and the lounge, so just make sure you're booking the right one for whichever you choose!

Four-tops seem like the most common booking option at WDW, so you should be good if you're booking for four. On your first ADR booking day, after you wake up again in the morning (after going back to bed after your 3AM booking session :)), I'd recommend looking at the restaurant availability for the restaurants you're planning to book for the last four days of your trip. That'll give you an idea of what kind of availability there is at 60+10 and you can decide if you think it's necessary to wake up at 3AM the following days :)

In the Space 220 restaurant, everyone at the table must get the prix fixe meal ($55). In the lounge, there's a separate lounge menu, or you also have the option of ordering the prix fixe menu from the restaurant. The lounge is a more popular option because it doesn't lock everyone into the prix fixe meal, so it's great if not everyone in your party is that hungry or not that into the options on the restaurant menu. You could all just have drinks and dessert, for example, or one person could enjoy the prix fixe meal while the others get appetizers.

The restaurant and lounge seating are all in one big room, but most of the restaurant seating is around the outside, closer to the "windows", and a couple of steps down on a lower level. I haven't been but reviews say the experience is pretty similar being seated in the restaurant or the lounge.

There are separate booking pages for the restaurant and the lounge, so just make sure you're booking the right one for whichever you choose!

Four-tops seem like the most common booking option at WDW, so you should be good if you're booking for four. On your first ADR booking day, after you wake up again in the morning (after going back to bed after your 3AM booking session :)), I'd recommend looking at the restaurant availability for the restaurants you're planning to book for the last four days of your trip. That'll give you an idea of what kind of availability there is at 60+10 and you can decide if you think it's necessary to wake up at 3AM the following days :)
Thanks. This is super helpful!

I would also suggest Space 220 Lounge vs restaurant.

Why not just go on Open Table today and make your BlueZoo reservation? I have the Swan/Dolphin app on my phone and the link on the restaurant page will let you book that far out. You can also do it directly though Open Table. I would also not worry about Yak n Yeti. You can pick up a Landry's card if you don't already have one and use that to get a table.

Are you hoping to make any of the 3 Studios dinners a Fantasmic Package? If so, keep in mind it will have to be an earlier dinner. And packages are not always available at the 60 day mark. They seem to drop in batches.

Feel free to make that dessert party reservation on the 3rd for 5 and I will join you, LOL. I will be a solo traveler July 1-5. Last year I did Skippers Canteen on the 4th around 7:30 so I would not have to deal with the Main St crowds closer to fireworks time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter