CRO vs Walt Disney World Travel Co.

PamNC

DIS Veteran
What are the advantages/disadvantages of booking your room or package through each? When you dial 1800wdisney, how do you know which one you're talking to?

I'm not clear on this subject and I'd like to get the "skinny" before I start planning our trip.

PamNC

The following is from deb's page.
To reserve a "room only" reservation, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY and specifically ask to book through the Central Reservations Office (CRO). You generally want to avoid booking your "room only" reservation through the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), because "room only" reservations booked through the CRO system offer better terms for cancellation and payment dates. Here is an outline of the differences:

When booking a "room only" reservation through CRO, you are subject to very few restrictions. You pay one night's room rate as a deposit within 14 days of reserving your room. The remainder is due at check-in.You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 5 days prior to check-in.

When booking through WDTC, even a "room only" reservation is considered a "package" and is subject to the rules for packages. You pay a $200 deposit ($100 for Disney Club members) within 14 days of reserving your package. The entire remainder is due 45 days prior to check-in. You have to pay in full right away if you are booking less than 45 days in advance. You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 45 days in advance. From 6 to 44 days in advance, there is a cancellation fee of $100. If you cancel 5 days or less in advance, you pay a $200 penalty. Any changes made 44 days or less prior to arrival that result in a rate change (i.e. applying a discount code, reducing number of days, changing to a differently-priced resort) are subject to a $50 fee. Beware - WDTC usually adds nonrefundable travel insurance to your package by default. If you don't want it, tell them while you are making the reservation. Once you hang up, it's too late. The number for the Disney Reservations Center is (407) W-DISNEY. The 800# for Disney club takes you to WDTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter