Crochet?

Cool! Have you ever crocheted anything Disney? I saw some patterns for Pooh and Friends, but I haven't gotten them yet. I also make scrunchies so I am planning to make Disney Scrunchies with colors and beads to match characters.

I made the Pooh stuffed bear. He's about 16" tall and took a while to make. I'm not a really experienced person with the patterns though and I found the pattern difficult to decipher in spots. Also, there are some decided mistakes in the count in the pattern.
Still, I do intend to make Eeyore soon.
Lydia

Sounds Awesome Lydia!

I may tackle it, but I tend to do projects that I can finish sooner...Has anyone ever done crochet swaps? I haven't done one in ages, but I'd like to do one again...

I haven't done anything Disney, those hair scrunchies sound very interesting, could you describe how you make them? Or is it too complicated to get into here. I have a sweater pattern that is done in tunision (spelling?)) crochet, but I haven't attemped it yet. I really love the way the sweater looks.

i've tried to crochet, but have a lot of trouble with tension. knitting is easier for me...

I saw the mickey and minnie crochet blanket book at JoAnn...I would SO do that if I could crochet...oh well. LOL

cryssi said:
i've tried to crochet, but have a lot of trouble with tension. knitting is easier for me...

LOL I have the opposite problem. My tension is all off with knitting. I keep telling myself to just keep at it and try knitting as there is so much you can do with it, but I always remember dropping a stitch and it ran all the way to the bottom. My sister tells me that is easy to fix, but if I drop a stitich with crocheting, I just put the hook back into the loop!

And thanks for the link to the scrunchies, I think I will try a few.

Glad you liked the links! Scrunchies are so much fun. My next project is a year of Disney Scrunchies.

I can't get the tension right in knitting to save my life!

Yep I do as well! I actually started out knitting and wanted to crochet as well but couldn't figure out how for the life of me. I was getting really frustrated wondering why I couldn't crochet but I could knit. Finally I tried one last time I looked at some stichguide videos and it clicked. I was so excited. I like the look of knitted items better though but crochet is quicker for me.

have been crocheting for 35 yrs and have graduated to crocheting aran isle patterns - they're gorgeous! primarily love to crochet afghans, but will do infant layettes and sweaters. never did any disney crochet.

what's a crochet swap?

i crochet the fuzzy string on the rubber flip flops..... my kids love them i make them and sell them.... ill post a pic up tomorrow...... vicki

I crochet too (as well as knit and cross stitch) I hate to be bored so I go from project to project ...

I crochet and knit. I like crocheting better. :)

here are the fuzzy flip-flops i crochet....... i sell them my kids friends wear them all the time .....i make them in their school colors too.....
fyzzyflip-flops005.jpg
[/IMG]
fyzzyflip-flops004.jpg
[/IMG]
fyzzyflip-flops003.jpg
[/IMG]
fyzzyflip-flops002.jpg
[/IMG]
fyzzyflip-flops001.jpg
[/IMG]

vicki

I have been crocheting for over 30 yrs. My grandmother taught me. I love crocheting for my grand children now. But :sad2: I broke my right arm 4 wks. ago. I have gone in crcchet withdrawal :laughing: Hopefully I will get this darn cast off Fri.! I am so happy I found this board-Disney lovers and crocheters-how much better can it get! :Pinkbounc

First-timer those flip flops are great! Could you describe how you do that? :)

you crochet with 2 strands of the fuzzy yarn and go around the top and then the part that goes inbetween your toes and then the other side its very easy!! you wrap around 2 times then go through the last whole..... its hard to explain...... my kids and their friends love them..... i get the flip flops from old navey...... vicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter