Crock Pot Recipes Please

Just finished washing and putting mine away from dinner tonight!

EASY Beef Stroganoff (sure I spelled that wrong :rotfl2: )

about 4 lbs inside round steak cut into bite size pieces.

Throw into a baggie with about 1/3 (or so to coat) cup of flour (salt & pepper)

Shake and toss the whole stuff into pot.

about 2 cups of warm water to which you have added either 2 bullion cubes or liquid etc and around 1/4 cup cooking sherry -- find in grocery store next to dressings etc.

Mix it all together and cook on low for 7 - 9 hours.

Well you are cooking up some egg noodles to serve this stuff over, mix in 2 cups of sour cream.

Once the noodles are cooked the sour cream will be warmed thru --- gosh we love this stuff!

that sounds delicious! Do you have a photo of the leftovers? lol

We just tried this last night, I got it from the Better Homes and Gardens website:

Mexican Minestrone

2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes
2 cans vegetable broth
1 can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups diced red-skined potatoes
2 cups frozen cut green beans (I didn't have any so I left this out)
1 cup salsa
Dairy Sour cream

1. In a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker combine everything except the sour cream.

2. Cover, cook on low heat setting for 9 to 11 hours or on high heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours. Serve with sour cream, makes 12 servings.

We just tried this last night, I got it from the Better Homes and Gardens website:

Mexican Minestrone

2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes
2 cans vegetable broth
1 can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups diced red-skined potatoes
2 cups frozen cut green beans (I didn't have any so I left this out)
1 cup salsa
Dairy Sour cream

1. In a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker combine everything except the sour cream.

2. Cover, cook on low heat setting for 9 to 11 hours or on high heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours. Serve with sour cream, makes 12 servings.

was it good? What did you think of it?

Easy Chicken Tacos

3-4 frozen (or fresh) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup of water

I just toss the frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot, sprinkle the taco seasoning mix on top and then the water. Let it cook on low all day. About 1/2 hour before dinner, take 2 forks and shred up the chicken and let it mix with all the juices.

Then, we use soft, flour tortillas and make either chicken tacos or chicken quesadillas. Yummy, yum, yum!!

I just made this the other night and it was soooo good I didn't have any leftovers...

pork loin (I used loin b/c it was leaner) or pork roast
2 tbs chili powder
1 tbs cumin
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 bay leafs
1 can green chili peppers
some celery and onions (opt)
After about 6-8 hrs, I shredded it and added some more cumin and chili powder to taste. I put it in some tortillas and ate it with some spanish rice and tortillas. I can't wait to make it again.

This is DS11's (PICKY!) favorite meal I make:

Crockpot Chicken and dumplings:

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of water
2 T. butter/margarine
1 can of cheapo bisquits

Put 1st 4 ingredients in crockpot on low 3-4 hours. Then shred chicken w/ 2 forks. About 45 minutes before serving, cut bisquits into fourths w/ a pizza cutter. Add to crockpot (I switch to "high" at this point). Serve when bisquits are cooked through (stir well). You may need to double the recipe if you have a bigger family (we are a family of 3 and not real big eaters).

MY MOUTH IS WATERING after reading all of these tasty recipes!!!! I can't wait to start crock pot cooking!!!

Keep them coming.........

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Easy Italian Chicken

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, FROZEN (about 3-4)
1/2 cup water
1 pkg dry italian salad dressing mix (Good Seasons)
extra Italian seasoning/basil/oregano as desired

Spray crock with Pam. Put chicken in the bottom and pour in water. Sprinkle salad dressing mix and any extra seasonings on top. Cook on low 6-8 hours. DO NOT OVERCOOK. My crockpot runs a little hot, so it's usually done in 5.5 - 6 hours. You can also use boneless pork chops (also frozen) as long as they're about as thick as chicken breasts. You can shred the meat for sandwiches, use in spaghetti, serve cold on top of salad greens, on a baked potato, etc. It's important to start with frozen meat! I've found it turns out MUCH more tender and juicy in the end.

This is similar to the chicken taco meat recipe above, with a few differences.

Easy Chicken Taco meat

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, FROZEN (about 3-4)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles

Spray crock with Pam. Put chicken in the bottom. Mix together the Rotel and the taco seasoning, then pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours. DO NOT OVERCOOK. My crock runs hot and this is done in 5.5 - 6 hours. Again, you can use boneless pork chops instead of chicken as long as they are frozen and about the same thickness as chicken breasts.

Here is another easy beef stroganoff recipe:

2 lbs stew beef
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope lipton onion soup mix
1 cup sour cream

put stew beef in crock pot
put in soup and soup mix
stir
8 hrs on low
stir in 1 cup sour cream
serve over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes

absolutely delicious!!

This is DS11's (PICKY!) favorite meal I make:

Crockpot Chicken and dumplings:

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of water
2 T. butter/margarine
1 can of cheapo bisquits

Put 1st 4 ingredients in crockpot on low 3-4 hours. Then shred chicken w/ 2 forks. About 45 minutes before serving, cut bisquits into fourths w/ a pizza cutter. Add to crockpot (I switch to "high" at this point). Serve when bisquits are cooked through (stir well). You may need to double the recipe if you have a bigger family (we are a family of 3 and not real big eaters).

Dh lovesss this!! First time I made this he asked me how I made the dumplings b/c they tasted sooo good. I told him I was in the kitchen for hooouuuurrrssss....;)

Dh lovesss this!! First time I made this he asked me how I made the dumplings b/c they tasted sooo good. I told him I was in the kitchen for hooouuuurrrssss....;)

Yes, it's really amazing that something this easy can taste so good!! Too bad it's not a little lower in fat. I serve it w/ mashed potatoes and either peas or carrots. Comfort food.......:)

Dsis gave me this one. I tried it tonight - yum.

Title: Tomato Spinach Slow Cooker Soup

Description:
Another WW Favorite --- 0 points but even non WW fans enjoy this one.

Ingredients:
• 10 oz spinach, baby, washed
• 2 medium carrot(s), chopped
• 2 medium stalk celery, chopped
• 1 large onion(s), chopped
• 1 clove garlic clove(s), minced
• 4 cup vegetable broth, low-sodium
• 28 oz canned diced tomatoes, no-salt added
• 2 leaf bay leaf
• 1 Tbsp dried basil
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.

Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.

Remove bay leaves, stir and serve.

Number Of Servings:8 Servings, about 1 cup per serving.

I like to make pot roast and I also make a chicken dish and then use the chicken to make enchiladas (sp?).

I put in about 4 chicken breasts
Top with a jar of salsa
Add a little water

Once it's done, we take the chicken and make the enchiladas. It's good for chicken taco salads or chicken salads as well.

Yummy recipes everybody! I love the crockpot!!

I used my crock pot yesterday and today. Yesterday, I had a small whole chicken (I guess about 3.5 lbs) I put it in the crock pot, added a can of string beans and added some diced potatoes. Put poultry gravy over it and let it cook all day. It was great.

Last night, I separated the leftover chicken and veggies. Today, I shredded the chicken, put it in the crock pot with a generous amount of bbq sauce over it and kept it on the "keep warm" setting. We had the bbq chicken on buns with veggies. It was good!

Easy Chicken Tacos

1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup of water

I just toss the frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot, sprinkle the taco seasoning mix on top and then the water. Let it cook on low all day. About 1/2 hour before dinner, take 2 forks and shred up the chicken and let it mix with all the juices.

Then, we use soft, flour tortillas and make either chicken tacos or chicken quesadillas. Yummy, yum, yum!!

I'm trying this one today! I already have it going in the crock pot. Thanks for the recipe:thumbsup2

Easy Chicken Tacos

1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup of water

Is this going to be a dish I can bare smelling all day? Ive made bar-b-q chicken in the crock pot before and by the time it was finished i couldnt stand to eat it due to the smell.

I dont know if it was the bar-b-q that stunk or the chicken. Im used to the crockpot though!

I think ill make this today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter