Crock Pot Recipes?

Depending on what you're cooking, you could start the food from frozen. I do that with all kinds of things. It makes it faster to put together and needs to cook longer.

The newer crockpots do tend to cook hotter than older ones. It takes a bit of trial and error to learn what works with your pot. Also, it should be pretty full (like half or more) in order not to over cook things. You can put another smaller dish inside the pot to make yours smaller, if needed.

Thanks for the links and all of the great suggestions! Dawn--I would love to see your split pea soup recipe.:goodvibes

One of our favorite crock-pot concoctions is:

2 "rings" of sausage (we use 1 kielbasa and 1 smoked sausage)
4 cans whole potatoes w/ juice
3 cans green beans w/ juice

Slice the sausage, dump everything in the crockpot, add additional water if needed in order to cover everything, cook on low all day. I serve it with slices of bread from our bread maker. Could not be easier!

I like to put ribs and bologna chunks in the crockput and let them cook all day. YUMMY!

I've never heard of this one. What kind of bologna? Just beef bologna from the deli? Ring bologna? Do you add anything in the way of spices or sauce?

And just so you know, I've added these recipes to the "Crock Pot Crazy" thread and added them to the index which is stuck at the top of the Cooking forum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter