Crockpot and Easy Meals "Index post 372"

I LOVE crock potting! I have 17 different crock pots in my collection - all different shapes and sizes. Here are two easy recipes!

Chicken noodle Soup

1 lb bnls sknls chicken breast
32 oz chicken broth
16 oz water
2 carrots,peeled & sliced
16 oz spaghetti noodles
Salt & Pepper

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 chicken broth and carrots. Cook on high 3-4 hours until chicken is no longer pink. Remove brests and cut into chunks, or shred. Place chicken, remianing broth, and water back into the pot. Break spaghetti noodles into thirds and add to the pot. Cook on high about 30 min or until noodles are tender. (You can also use egg noodles if you prefer them!)

BBQ Pork Loin

Pork Loin
1 Bottle BBQ Sauce
1/2 bottle water

Place pork and sauce and water in crock pot. Cook on high for 8 hours. Pork will be fork tender. We eat this as is the first night, and on night two I serve it on hamburger buns with extra sauce.

Also check out this website http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ - It is called "A Year of Crockpotting" and it has some FABULOUS recipes!

:)

If you aren't health conscious here is one.... This really isn't a slow cook recipe, but a great recipe to make, throw in a crockpot and take to a potluck dinner, funeral, ect......

cook 1 lb angel hair pasta aldente
add 1 lb margarine or butter melted
add 1 bag frozen broccoli that you have cooked in microwave according to directions
garlic powder, lightly to flavor

Actual crockpot recipe
Keilbasi and kraut
1 package of skinless kielbasi(how ever you spell it, lol)
1 bag of saurkraut
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 any bottled beer
1/4 sliced onion
salt/pepper
cook on low a least 6 hours.... serve with mashed potatoes.

I use my crock mainly with a roast, carrots, potatoes and a whole onion... just cook all day on low/med.

You will need 2 pie shells
Can of beef stew
Any shredded cheese- about one cup.
8X8 pan

Place one pie shell in the bottom of the pan
Mix the stew and cheese together and add to the pan
Place the other pie shell on the top

Bake for 35 minutes at 375

I serve this with cole slaw and rolls.

2 of our favorites we keep coming back to:

Slow Cooker Pot Roast
3-lb. chuck roast
8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
1 packet french onion soup mix
3/4 cup red wine

Lay the mushrooms on the bottom of the crock pot and lay the roast on top of the mushrooms. Mix the wine and soup, then pour over the roast. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Goes great with roasted vegetables (slice carrots, celery and onions, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, place in a roasting pan and cook at 400 for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through).

Slow Cooker Ribs
1 rack of babyback ribs
1/4 cup of rub (any spicy rub recipe works fine)
BBQ Sauce

Apply the rub to both sides of the ribs. Coil around the outer side of the slow cooker and cook on low for 9-10 hours. Remove, apply your favorite BBQ Sauce to the meat side of the ribs and finish under the broiler for 5-7 minutes. Goes great with cole slaw.

I can vouch for this one being really yummy

I got this one off of recipezaar about a year ago. I make it all the time. It's super easy-- you don't even have to defrost the chicken!!!

Crockpot Chicken with Black Beans and Cream Cheese:

Ingredients
4-5 boneless chicken breasts

1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans

1 (15 ounce) can corn

1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, any kind

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

Directions
1)Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
2)Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
3)Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4)Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.
5)All done and enjoy!

Edited to add: I usually serve it over white rice!

Some of our favorites:

Chicken Stroganoff

You can also add Salsa (instead of onion soup mix) to this and it makes a nice filling for enchiladas.)

6 boneless chicken breasts (I use the frozen ones and it works fine)
1 large container sour cream (16 oz)
1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup
1 package Lipton's dry onion soup mix

Place all ingredients on crockpot. Cook on low 4-6 hours.

Serve over noodles or rice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thai Pork for Crockpot

One 2 lb boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces
2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
1/3 cup prepared teriyaki sauce (I used Tastefully Simple or Trader Joe's)
2 Tbs rice vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

For serving:
1/2 cup chopped green onion (white part and some of the green)
1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
2 limes, cut into 8 wedges

1. Coat the slow cooker w/ non stick spray. Put the pork, peppers, teriyaki suace, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes and garlic into cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours, until pork is fork tender.

2. Remove the pork from the cooker and coarsley chop. Add the peanut butter to the liquid in cooker; stir well to dissolove the peanut butter and blend with the liquid to make the sauce. Return the pork to the sauce and toss to coat the meat evenly.

3. Serve in shalllow bowls over hot jasimine rice, and sprinkle each serving w/ some of hte green onions and peanuts. Pass the lime wedges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not crockpot but easy:

Braised Balsamic Chicken
Submitted by: Beth
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 344 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes Ready In: 30 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings

"Rich, slightly sweet Balsamic vinegar intensifies the flavors of tomato and herbs in this chicken saute."

I always use 2 cans of tomatoes when I make this:

INGREDIENTS:
6 skinless, boneless chicken
breast halves
ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced
tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

DIRECTIONS:
1. Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.
2. Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.

This recipe appears in the Allrecipes "Tried & True Favorites" cookbook. Buy it online at http://allrecipes.com/favorites/
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2005 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 6/20/2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken

half a bag of matchstick carrots
1 can of chicken broth
1 lb of spaghetti
1 jar of chicken gravy
4-5 heaping TBS of creamy peanut butter or to taste
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces

(I also added cooked snap peas, you could add other veggies or omit the chicken)

First make your chicken (just pan fry and cut up). I used frozen grilled chicken strips from Costco. I usually put the water on for the pasta now too.

Next, cook the carrots in the chicken broth until tender. While they are cooking, heat the gravy and peanut butter until smooth (a wisk works well). You can add about 1/2 to 1 cup of chicken broth from the carrots to smooth it out to the consistency you like. When the pasta is done, toss with the sauce, carrots and chicken. This was great as a leftover too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ground Beef Curry

This is the original recipe, but I change some things. I addetwo cans of tomatoes and about 3/4 of a can of light coconut milk. It was really yummy with slivered almonds and shredded coconut on top.

Ground Beef "N" Curry
Recipe by : Minneapolis Star Tribune

Ingredients :
1 clove garlic
2-3 tsp. curry powder
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 Tab. butter or margarine
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 tsp. salt
2 juicy tomatoes, diced or
1-14oz can stewed tomatoes
2 cups cooked rice
Assorted condiments

Instructions :
Sauté garlic, and onion in butter , then add ground beef. Brown until red disappears. Add seasonings and tomatoes (break up if canned tomatoes are used). Heat thoroughly. Serve over rice with condiments.

Serves 4-6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 6 servings

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained

1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken

1/2 cup water

2 cloves garlic, minced

1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces

1 tsp. dried basil leaves

1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes with their liquid in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.

PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese. Top with the stuffing mixture.

BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

I made Honey Baked Chicken the other night. It was really easy and very tasty.

4 split chicken breasts
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tsp mustard
1/2 paprika

Place chicken in the crock pot, mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake on low for 5-6 hours.

Prepared or dry mustard? I'm going to make this this week!

I'm not a fan of using prepared foods, even in my crockpot. Once in a rare while, I'll use a cream soup. I try to stay away from the dry soups because of the preservatives and soduim. That said, the BEST ever pulled pork is by following the recipe on McCormicks bag of seasoning for slow-cooker pulled pork. It's absolutely yummy.

How about meatless crock pot meals, anyone??
I do make a vegetarian chili, but other ideas would be appreciated.:goodvibes

Thai Red Curry

I usually do this one with chicken, but tofu works. So does butternut squash (which is an amazing thing with red curry paste) It isn't one pot though, you need rice and a vegetable steamer. It isn't a recipe though, its a make it up as I go.

Put protein in crockpot. Add one can of coconut milk. I think some water (I seem to recall the coconut milk being so thick this makes sense). Add about 1/4 t. (or to taste) Thai red chili paste. Serve over rice with steamed spinach.

Indian food is good in a crockpot as well and can be easily vegetarian. That often a yogurt base.

I made this one this week:

Crockpot turkey breast

1 turkey breast (4-6#'s)
1 stick of butter
2 cups of white wine or chicken broth (I used one of the little plastic bottles of
wine with the screw off top and also 1 can of broth)
1 onion, coarsely chopped
salt and pepper

Sprinkle the breast liberally with salt and pepper. Place into the crock pot. Insert the stick of butter into the cavity. Place onion along the sides of the breast. Pour wine/broth over top. Cook on high for 6 hours.

These are great -- I especially like the thai/indian/curry recipes -- keep them coming!

Chicken a la King

2 cups diced or shredded chicken
saute'd mushroom & onions
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
veggies (I usually add corn, peas, carrots, but you can do whatever you like)
salt & pepper to taste

Throw in cockpot and cook til it's hot & veggies are done to your liking. Serve over biscuits (I just get the canned biscuits). Easy breezy and pretty yummy, too!

All of these sound great. I'm going to try the split pea soup tomorrow. Heres one of mine that I'm making today for the first time:

1 chuck roast
1 pkg dries italian dressing
1 can beer
1 jar of pepperocinis

cook all day in crock pot

good to shred and put on buns

Have never had it, sounded good, looks good, and smells good!!!

I make this all the time (although I've never added the can of beer?) and it makes super yummy sandwiches!

I have this in my crockpot right now:

Vegetable Beef soup: Add all ingredients to Crock pot (5 qt)

1-1 1/2 lbs Browned ground beef (seasoned)

Two small bags of vegetables (use whatever kind of veggies you like, I like to use a bag of Kroger mixed vegetables and a bag of Kroger veg soup veggies)

2 Large cans of petite diced tomatoes

fill one of the tomato cans with water and add to other ingredients in crock pot

Add seasoning to taste, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, parsley (I just add whatever I have on hand)

Cook on low all day................

Yummy !!!!! And awesome served with cornbread !

This sounds like Monday's meal to me!

Chicken Taco Soup recipe - my friend told me this is a Weight Watchers recipe
my notes are in ()

3-4 frozen boneless chicken breasts. (I do 3 in an oval pot- once they were huge and 2 were fine)
1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
1 envelope of taco seasoning (I get the chipolte flavored for a little more zip, last time I forgot to buy the packet so used taco sauce, it was fine)
1 med onion diced
1 can of diced tomatoes or 1/2 large size jar salsa (I use salsa, once I tried tomatoes and it was way too bland)
1 can black beans, 1 can cannelini (or other white) beans, 1 can of red beans
1 can of vegetarian baked beans (my friend didn't put this in, so I never have- have no clue how it tastes with it! Trust me, there are plenty of beans w/o it!)
1 can corn
Put everything in that order. Do not thaw chicken. Do not rinse or drain any of the beans or corn. Do not stir. Cook 6-8 hours (I do 8 on low). Take out chicken breasts, shred with 2 forks, and put back in, stir well.

Can add toppings like sour cream, mexican shred cheese, tortilla strips/chips. My BIL had the idea to serve in taco bowls for the kids!

I LOVE crock potting! I have 17 different crock pots in my collection - all different shapes and sizes. :)

Whaaaat? Where do you keep them all? I have two crock pots and my husband thinks I'm overdoing it! (He even gave one of them away (errg!) and was surprised when I went out and bought another one to replace it.)

This is a one of our favorites, now my Mom makes this a lot for company in the winter-time.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockpotbeefstew/r/bl75c11.htm

Beef stew with tomatoes, vegetables, and spices, served with hot cooked noodles.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. stew beef or round, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can (14.5 oz.) tomatoes
2 cups sliced carrots (I just buy a bag of baby carrots)
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 dry sherry or white wine, or use beef broth
1/4 cup raisins (I always add a lot more than this!)
hot cooked noodles
Preparation:
Put beef cubes in a food storage bag; toss with flour and seasonings. Pour beef and any remaining flour and seasonings into the slow cooker. Combine tomatoes, carrots, molasses and wine. Pour over beef. Cover and simmer on LOW for 7 to 9 hours. Add raisins the last 30 minutes. Serve stew with hot cooked noodles.
Serves 6.

We had BBQ chicken and corn last night:

Frozen or fresh chicken (breasts, drums, thighs, anything works)
Little bit of salt and pepper all over
Just a smidge of BBQ for flavor (we add more once everything is cooked)

Wrap individual ears of corn on the cob in foil with a dash of salt and smidge of butter) and place on top of chicken in the crock pot.

Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 4-5

We typically eat this with corn bread or biscuits, or make up some boxed mashed potatoes (can also do chopped potatoes in foil w/ the chicken and corn).

The next day (today's lunch, YUM) we use the left over chicken to make BBQ Chicken pizza.
Use a tortilla as the crust
Squirt on some BBQ (like you would pizza sauce)
Add chopped up chicken from last night
Add any veggies - red onion is delish with this
Top with cheese
Bake @ 400 7-9 mins.
FYI we make tortilla pizza a lot with reg pizza sauce & cheese too. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter