Crockpot Mac & Cheese

This isn't my recipe, but I copied it from someone here. I haven't tried it yet. Let us know how it turns out for you! :teeth:

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese

8oz macaroni, cooked & drained
3 c shredded Mild cheddar cheese
1 c shredded Mozzerella cheese
2 eggs
1½ c milk
¾ stick margarine
1 large can evaporated milk
Salt and Pepper

Melt margarine in crock pot.
Layer macaroni and cheese.
Beat eggs and add both milks.
Pour into crockpot over macaroni and cheese.
Top with remaining cheese.
Turn crockpot on low and cook 3 hours. (If cooked longer it may burn on the bottom.)

I'm going to have to make this for my kids. They love macaroni and cheese.

Why did I have to see this on my first day of the south beach diet?

My cookout was last night and the crockpot mac & cheese was a hit!! Everyone asked where I got the recipe and wanted a copy of it. I can't believe it was that easy to make. And it was so good. I had to cook for 45 and it made it so easy. I tripled the recipe. There was just a small spoonful left. I couldn't believe they ate all of it with all the other food I had. Just wanted to say thanks to Piratesmate for posting. :earboy2: :earboy2:

FantasticDisFamily said:
I have made it and it is terrific!

Deb

How many portions did the poster's recipe make? I need to feed about 10 people if I can in one crockpot.

taeja71 said:
How many portions did the poster's recipe make? I need to feed about 10 people if I can in one crockpot.
That's my great aunt's recipe that I put on here a LONG time ago. It should definitely feed 10 people. I ate it as a main dish when I lived alone and I would eat on it for several days, 2 meals a day.

WDWAurora said:
That's my great aunt's recipe that I put on here a LONG time ago. It should definitely feed 10 people. I ate it as a main dish when I lived alone and I would eat on it for several days, 2 meals a day.

Thank you. I'll have to try it! :wizard:

I can probably count on one hand (or less!) how many times I've bought evaporated milk so I'm not sure what sizes of cans there are...can someone clue me in to what a "large" can would be (how many ounces)? :confused3
And is this thick/creamy or more juicy/runny mac & cheese? I've been trying to find a good thick/creamy recipe...

Bumping this up for Mean Laureen!!
Sounds good doesn't it?!

My daughters birthday is coming and I needed an easy dish not to mention hubby's cousin's boyfriend (WHEW!) is a Vegetarian. I going to give it a shot!! Thank You

I printed and read the instructions, but I have a few silly q's?!!

-Do you lay the macaroni then cheese, macaroni then cheese??

-Can I omit the mozzerella cheese? Does it really make the dish

Yes, layer the mac n cheese. I would add 1 cup of another cheese just so there's enough cheese, but I don't see why it matters what kind you use.

I chickened out and didn't make it. I thought for sure some one else would bring mac and cheese and there wasn't one dish of it there. So, I am planning to bring it at the next event. Thanks ladies for your imput. The recipe really sounds delicious.

I can evaporate water in a pan, so after 11years of marriage, I'm still a novice cook.

WDWAurora said:
Yes, layer the mac n cheese. I would add 1 cup of another cheese just so there's enough cheese, but I don't see why it matters what kind you use.

Thank you!

Cheese....no problem!!

I made this for Easter and it was a big hit-love the recipe-however I just started working for a caterer and he loved it too-but I need suggestions on how to make a large quantity-there was someone who posted about making it for 45 people-I assume in multiple crock pots, but if theres a way to make in aluminum pans-and baking on a low heat, maybe? Any input would be appreciated. I never had a good recipe for mac and cheese and I was so thrilled that this came out so good. I used 1/2 mild cheddar and 1/2 sharp if that helps anyone else. Thanks.

I FINALLY tried this recipe out and loved it! Tasted good, very easy to assemble and of course saved oven space for the other foods. Thank you for posting it; I'm looking forward to making it again and trying other cheeses (pepper jack! smoked cheeses!). :thumbsup2

I made this tonight using some left over penne. It was wonderful. I think next time, and DH has requested a next time, I'm going to cut back on the butter a little, maybe to 1/2c.

It's so rich! And they say you are what you eat...I wanted another helping :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter