Crowd Outlook

Sounds like yada yada yada
I mean Disney cut staff so that would help with the 30% not to mention the $$$$ increase to even go to Disney World.
They're also cutting guests so they don't need as many staff. Serving less people while making more profit sounds like a win-win situation.

They're also cutting guests so they don't need as many staff. Serving less people while making more profit sounds like a win-win situation.
It’s a short term win win for both Disney and their guests.

Long term; I’m not so sure about that.

IF attendance is down, and their per guests spending is down, i dont think that’s the win win Disney is looking for. Something is up with that.

They'll give deep discounts when they need guests. I remember getting an email right after the re-opening offering Grand Floridian rooms for $300+/night.

Q4FY23 domestic attendance came in at approx an 5% increase vs Q4FY22.

That pours cold water on WDW attendance being down 15%.

Given the 5% domestic increase and the fact that WDW makes up bw 60-65% of the domestic attendance, WDW being -15% would mean that DLR would be up near 40%. That is just not realistic.

How did Disney make more room nights available? Are they still opening up areas as they staff up after the pandemic?
From the report: “Available hotel room nights is defined as the total number of room nights that are available at our hotels and at Disney Vacation Club (DVC) properties located at our theme parks and resorts that are not utilized by DVC members. Available hotel room nights include rooms temporarily taken out of service.”

So room nights available just depends on the volume of DVC bookings. When they report the overall hotel occupancy it’s only the Cash bookings and not the DVC bookings that are included.

From the report: “Available hotel room nights is defined as the total number of room nights that are available at our hotels and at Disney Vacation Club (DVC) properties located at our theme parks and resorts that are not utilized by DVC members. Available hotel room nights include rooms temporarily taken out of service.”

So room nights available just depends on the volume of DVC bookings. When they report the overall hotel occupancy it’s only the Cash bookings and not the DVC bookings that are included.
But but, I thought they were closing whole buildings at many moderate and value resorts and occupancy was going to collapse this quarter? LOLLOL

Exactly! I found it strange that we had to pitch our in-person experiences against people who were nowhere near the parks.
I seem to be in your position as well - my four experiences in the parks this year have suggested it’s been consistently busy :confused3

Our longtime WDW travel companions recently moved to the Orlando area maximizing their AP - and they haven’t seen much difference in crowds either from the times we travelled together earlier in the year.

But but, I thought they were closing whole buildings at many moderate and value resorts and occupancy was going to collapse this quarter? LOLLOL
I'm still waiting for the steep room discounts as presented by some people on this board. As of today, I get zero discount for our December room and 10% off for January. If they were going to collapse they need to do it soon.

The report did say Fiscal 2023 also had 23,000 more available room nights than 2022.

While the parks maybe busy, it's obvious people aren't staying on site as much as they were a year ago

The report did say Fiscal 2023 also had 23,000 more available room nights than 2022.

While the parks maybe busy, it's obvious people aren't staying on site as much as they were a year ago
2023 had 8,581,600 cash room nights booked on site of an available 10,096,000 cash rooms.

2022 was 8,259,860 of 10,073,000 available.

More people paid to be on site in fiscal 2023 than 2022

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter