Crowd Question: Final Week of August

cd&kids

DIS Veteran
Okay...I know it's busy....I know it'll rain for an hour every afternoon...I know there may be a hurricane!
But, putting all that aside....I'd love to hear from people who have gone the final week of August. We are thinking about going down on the last Saturday of August and returning home the Saturday of Labor Day weekend 2005.
Thanks!!

We've done this in the past. It's very hot that's why we don't go that week anymore. It's not as crowded as Christmas or Easter, but it was crowded.

Ditto on op question...I was thinking of a 10-12 day trip returning home on the Thursday before labor day.
Ive never been during peak- how bad are crowds? For example, how long a wait on E-rides during the day- dont they have eride nights the last two weeks of August? Arent the hours expanded as well? (usually when we go, everything shuts down at 7 or 8).
Thanks!
NancyL

We were there from Aug 19-26 and I did not think it was bad at all. The wait times were not long at all!

We have gone the last week of August for the last five years. It is a great time to go! We always plan to leave to come home the Friday before Labor Day. Once we were there for L-Day weekend, and that was VERY crowded.

Most people across the US are back in school at this time, and it gives us Long Islanders the opportunity to tour without crowds!

When it rains in Florida it just "comes and goes". Not like on Long Island, when if it rains, the day is basically shot.

It is also value season at Disney!

Like I said, A great time to go to WDW!

:D

We were there the last week of August in 2002. It is hot but not unbearable. We walked into amlost everyride. The most we waited was 15 minutes. We like it s muck we are going again in 2005

maybe we'll see you there in '05, Al....if more people say the crowds aren't that bad, we're in!

All my trips to Disney have been the last week in August. It's really not that bad at all. It is certainly hot, but I'm from Jersey & am pretty much use to it. If I had to be "hot" I'd rather be in Disney!
The parks aren't that crowded. No waits at all. The longest wait I think I saw this past August (2004) was maybe 45mins, so we got a fast pass. Other then that we walked right on!
I love going in August. I REALLY want to go again August 2005, but my boyfriend isn't too up for it yet, but he will be!!! ;)
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I went the last week of August a loooong time ago and it was not crowded at all.

I have also gone the week before that (like in the teen days) and I thought it was moderate ... the only crowded park being MK.

So many kids are back in school by that time crowds really drop off. Now if you want a really uncrowded park try Labor Day week. It's very light.

WDWO

I like the last week of August and it wont get real busy until Labor Day weekend. Just make sure to do everything you Really want to do before the weekend rolls around and youll be fine.

We were in WDW August 28-September 4. Despite the hurricane at the end of our trip, it was a great time to go. The weather was very hot, but the crowds were small. During the middle of the day, the parks would pick up a bit, but we waited only 5-10 minutes for the longest waits. In the morning everything was walk on. BB and TL were more crowded but not horrible -- again we did the big rides when the water parks opened and we really didn't have to deal with long lines.

I would go again the week before Labor Day.

We were there from 8/29 until 9/2. The lines were pretty short. The longest line was 30 minutes for Test Track. However, we did end up cutting our trip short due to the hurricane. That is the tradeoff. The rain wasn't an issue and the heat wasn't much worse than what we had been experiencing in Boston. I would probably go again that time of year. As a DVC member it is a good time to go. We stayed in the Grand Villa at BWV with 12 people which was a blast.

We were there this year from 8/22 - 8/29. Yes, it was hot, but we had a great time and would do it again! Waits were reasonable, though I agree that TL was more crowded than I might have preferred. Plan to enjoy the many cool-off options (midday breaks, pools, A/C, cold beverages, etc). Many US schools are back in session by then, though we actually encountered many British travelers. The fact that it's Value season for the Deluxe resorts worked well for our family of 5.

Be forewarned however... our week in August this year had NO e-Ride nights and MK closed at 8:30 most nights with only 2 showings of Spectromagic during that week. Who knows what next year will bring... would have loved to have just one e-Ride night! ::yes::

We love to go at the end of August because we find it quiet as most of the kids are back at school. We usually book our PS's for the late afternoon while it pours rain for a while. We don't melt so put on the ponchos and do our thing rain or shine! We didn't wait too long on most rides and took advantage of FP's when needed. We're planning to go again next year too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter