Crowds As Seen On 2/17

MIB999999

<font color=purple>MIB Fantastic Four sensei<br><f
i HATE TO TELL YOU ALL THIS BUT THE CROWDS ARE BACK AND I CAN NOT FIGURE IT OUT.

The wait for spidey and hulk was 60 min. The lines waiting to go thru the turnstyles at 11:30 on a sunday were 4 on the left and 4 on the right and all eight backed up to the ticket booths. The single rider on MIB was down past the pre-show door. It looks like onsite is now a perk that will carry some importance and extra meaning if the crowds continue:smooth:

Well, it is President's Day weekend. And the kids have this whole week off from school (at least here in NYC).

I never got Presidents Day off from school, let alone a whole week. When did the public school system follow the U.S. Government when it came to days off?????:rolleyes:

Well, things have come a long way since the ole one room school-houses! :D

It's a regional thing...the Northeast has a different school calendar, so they combined school vacation with a national holiday it seems...I came from MA, and we always had that week off from school. The Northeast is one of the biggest influences on the crowds down here in FL...it's amazing how many of them make their way down during school vacations!

Just try getting a flight in or out of the NE this week if you didn't book it months ago!!! :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

Karen

They call it Midwinter Recess. The kids do get too many days off. I never had Midwinter Recess when I was a kid.

so 2/17 thru 2/24 will be Northeast week in Orlando!!!
welcome one and all to our daily paradise:smooth:

Outside lines..

I never knew these existed :(

Spideys was neat, but i got fastpass for MIB.

-Eppy

Attack of the yankees! Up here our kids are off today but have all of next week off. But the majority is this week.

Everyone school has the same President's Day off because it falls on the same day for everyone. It's a national holiday. I learned my lesson from a couple of years ago. I went on President's weekend and Disney was so crowded they closed it at about 3pm to arriving guests. Never again will I go on this weekend. It's horrible. It must be one of the worst 5 weekends of the year for crowds. Also, a big factor is that the Daytona 500 is that weekend also and many of those people have to stay in Orlando because hotel rooms are too impossible to find in Daytona. This creates major taffic on Hwy. 192 and I-4. When I went 2 years ago it took me forever to find a room and I called a few days prior to going.

For all of you planning vacations for next year:

Avoid this holiday weekend. You've been warned!

Just curious... with all the Northeast there, did they keep the park open any later? I am amazed with the hours... I see the vacation in APril, all the Orlando parks are closed at 7:00! I was wondering if when they see the crowds if they had a change of heart!

Originally posted by MIB999999
i HATE TO TELL YOU ALL THIS BUT THE CROWDS ARE BACK AND I CAN NOT FIGURE IT OUT.
Of course you can figure it out: It's a GREAT theme park. Of course there are crowds.;)

Another problem, our schools were off a half day on Friday AND all day Monday and Tuesday. And since Georgia counts for 11% of all crowds in Orlando, that could be a problem anytime we're off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter