Crowds? August vs. November?

vellamint

DIS Veteran
We are really hesitate to commit (plane tickets) to taking the kids (4) out of school for the 3 days of Thanksgiving week but have been in the last week of August and know how HOT HOT it is.

My question is - has anyone been the last week of August AND Thanksgiving week and could you possibly compare for me the crowd levels to each other. I know November is value season and that crowds are up Thanksgiving week. I know the end of August is also value season and the crowds are down but would really love if someone who has been both times can compare for me.

Thanks so much!

ithis year i went the last week of august and thanksgiving week, and let me tell you i would pick thanksgiving week reason being, we went last week of august thinking we could sleep late and stay at parks late hoping to avoid some of heat, well let me tell you magic kingdom closed at 6 pm and waterparks were so full they said they were closing due to weather, lifeguard at resort said they never close water parks when they get too full they just say closing early for weather, we rode bus for 1 1/2 hrs that time, we went thanksgiving week , christmas decorations were up, we got tickets for mvmcp which was virtually empty walked onto all rides parks were open later, and the weather was cooler, no rain at all. so if i had my choice again i would definately go thanksgiving week.

DisneyDeb:
When you say Thanksgiving week, do you mean the Mon. - Wed. BEFORE Thanksgiving, or starting the day AFTER? I had never thought of the Mon. -Wed. before, because I thought the decorations would not be up until after Thanksgiving. Also, I thought MVMCP would not be before Thanksgiving. If they do have these things during that time, I would definitely consider going then, and only losing three days of school for the kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter