Crowds May 31-June 2? School out?

Briarmom

Bessie Robindale<br><font color=b26b70>Larry's bee
OK, I know, there is no way to know until I get there, but I am thinking of taking my ds on a trip that Tues, Wed, and Thurs and was wondering about crowds. All of the DL hotels still have openings and the parks are open only until 9pm (DL) and 6pm (CA).
Also, I am not sure I want to spend $700 on a hotel, but since it is just my son and I, I want a 'safe' hotel. Any ideas?
My (then) newly graduated kindergartener thanks you in advance.

I'd say it will be pretty light. Most schools won't get out for a few more weeks.

Staying at one of the Disney hotels really is a personal preference. I've stayed at each one, but just so I can say that I've tried it. I actually prefer to stay offsite and use the extra money elsewhere (like Goofy's Kitchen and Blue Bayou).

Most of my trips are just me and my 9 yr old. We've been down every year since his 1st birthday. Our favorite hotel is right across the street from the main entrance plaza. Its called the Carousel Inn. Others on my list (if Carousel is full) are BW Park Place Inn, Tropicana, Del Sol and Howard Johnson. All of these are along Harbor Blvd and a short, safe walk right across the stree from Disneyland.

but I'm really hoping that since it is about half way between spring break and the big July to-do, it will actually be lighter than normal attendance for a holiday weekend.

I noticed the schedule, too. Matter of fact, according to the last one I saw, there's no showing of Fantasmic on Monday night...and Monday is part of the holiday weekend!

I'm traveling alone with my boys, ages 4 and 9, and based on the recommendation from mousesavers, we're staying at HoJo's. I have no personal experience, but from what I've heard from everyone, the hotel is as safe as any Disney property.

If you join mousesavers (free) you get a newsletter with regular moneysavings links that aren't posted on the website. Although, if money weren't an issue, I'd probably stay onsite, too!

Thanks so much! I think I might go ahead and stay at Hojo!
My son will be so excited! Now if only we didn't have to drive through that LA traffic!

You may run into some school age crowds from graduation-type trips. A lot of Jr. High schools to there and some other groups, like bands, etc. for year-end. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter