Crown Currency concerns

I hear what you are saying but I feel sick to the stomach reading this. I paid by cheque and I don't think I will have a leg to stand on if they have gone bust:sad1:

sending you ad everyone affteced a big hug:grouphug::grouphug:

Have just done a Reuters and Press Association search and nothing has come up so maybe they have sorted themselves out.

Good luck

Tina

I just called my bank, HSBC, and they said there is nothing they can do as payment was made by a bank transfer and not directly via either a VISA card or credit card. Strange that people are being told different things.

Just changed the title of the thread, as its been pointed out no other reports of problems, no news feeds showing concerns so although things don't look good lets hope this can be sorted by Crown.

Site is up and running it appears

Looks OK til you try and order you get this message with a link to ICE currency

Customer notice
We are currently experiencing a technical problem with our ordering system. While our engineers are working on fixing this, we will be re-directing you straight to our currency suppliers 'International Currency Exchange' so you can continue with your order and still receive competitive rates.

If you do not want to wait to be re-directed, please click here.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

They are not on the comparison website anymore (that I normally look at) and the phone number isn't working.

Omg this can not be happening we have put all or money into this company with delivery due next week !!
Im going upto the bank now but the lady at telephone banking said we didnt have a chance of geting our money bacl :sad2:

I actually think if thats the case we are totally stuffed :confused:

No doubt there are many people in our situation. Last time we went the taxi firm went bust & I lost £75 - this time half of our spending money - perhaps I should take note :scared1:

Unless Crown or its holding company has used clients' funds to diversify into other ventures, or a rogue employee has been speculating on the currency markets, I can't see how it can possibly have gone bust. It hedges using forward exchange contracts, meaning its forex dealings are risk free. It should be enormously cash rich and, thus, not affected by the cashflow problems responsible for most company failures.

Unless Crown or its holding company has used clients' funds to diversify into other ventures, or a rogue employee has been speculating on the currency markets, I can't see how it can possibly have gone bust. It hedges using forward exchange contracts, meaning its forex dealings are risk free. It should be enormously cash rich and, thus, not affected by the cashflow problems which are what take most companies down.

Hi

Really hope you are right Debbie, fingers crossed for everyone (myself included!)

:sad1:

I really hope this is a glitch. We are due currency on Monday, looks like we will have to wait and see what happens. There is no point in panicking until the position is clear :wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:

I sincerely hope that it is just a glitch and that you all get your money, I have fingers crossed for all of you xx

Oh no. I hope this isnt true, but it isnt looking good. I had thought about using them in the past but the warnings here and elsewhere made me steer clear. I am so sorry for all those who might be affected.

Maggs

I hope this comes good. I'm waiting on £500 worth, so glad we didn't order all of our money through them.

I have been on phone all morning and neither the FSA or companys house are aware of any problems which is a glimmer of hope.

The bank cannot help at all as bank transfrs are not covered in any way !!

The FSA say that the money should be held in a seperate account and this would not be classed as an assest as it still belongs to the customer until the contract is complete - so again hopefully a bit of hope that all money has not been lost !!
I have a guy at FSA phoning me back at 4.30 to advice further as they have started an enquiry into what is happening with this firm ! Will post the details of that conversation !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter