Crowne Plaza Universal vs. Radisson Universal

dukefan

One Cool Cat
(also posted in Universal Hotels forum)

Any advice on which offsite hotel would be better? I have the Crowne Plaza reserved for $69/night in early Sept ($79 for 1 night). Radisson is on special on Expedia for about $54/night, but must be paid in full upon reservation.

Thanks in advance,

dukefan

I have stayed at the Radisson and my brother has stayed at both. The Crown Plaza is probably his favorite after the on-site hotels.

One advantage the Radisson has is it is a little closer and you can walk to the parks. It's about a 20min walk from the hotel to the front of US if you cut through the Hard Rock Hotel property. I've even done the walk in the rain. You could probably walk from the Crowne Plaza too but its a little farther.

By the way, both of those rates are very good.

We stayed at the Radisson Universal for one night, and thanked our lucky stars it was only for one night! We found the rooms in serious need of upgrade, and the pool was so grody I wouldn't let my kids swim in it. :(

Thankfully for us we moved to the Royal Pacific Resort the next day, which was heavenly. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter