Crowne Plaza Universal??

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
At a loss somewhat as to where to post this as it's not strictly a Universal resort hotel but it is on Universal Boulevard.

Just got a quote for £49/night for this hotel and I wanted to know if anyone had stayed there and what it is like??

Going to stay in 3rd week of April so I know it's going to be busy but don't want to take kids out of school or myself out of Uni.
TIA

I have not stayed there, but I have seen it from outside and the lobby. It is a very nice hotel. It's new, so you can't miss out and it's close to Universal.

We stayed at the Universal Crowne Plaza for one night this past June. We paid $57.00 a night through hotwire. I was very happy with this hotel and would stay there again. The rooms are very spacious and decorated nicely. They offer free shuttles to the parks. The pool area is pretty and they also have a hot tub and a gym. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Where did you get the $49.00 a night? That sounds like a really good deal. I need something close to Universal for Jan 16th-19th 2004.

The 49 posted was in pounds I believe so its more like $81 a night. Give hotelkingdom a try for your dates, they often have great rates available.

Elise i had to look twice to see you over here! I'm so glad your planning a us/ioa stay. If i can help you in anyway just pm or ask on here. As for the Crowe Plaze i'd go with JessicaR's advise and check out hotwire. I have'nt had exp. with this hotel but i'd say check out www.biddingfortravel.com and see if it's in there hotel offering. This site gives you the hotels that would come up on priceline and tells you what people had to bid to win them or not win them. And if someone stayed there they may have given a recent review of the place. It's a great site to research places before you bid on priceline which i love! If i'm not staying on site i'd definetly priceline my stay. We did this with the Best Western at DTD one year and ended up getting that room for $25 a night. It was the largest standard hotel room i've ever stayed it and had a great view of DTD and it's only about 3-4 miles from us/ioa which we visited every day. If your looking at paying 87 USD you may want to check the onsite hotels for specials we are gonna be down in april too and last year they ran a special i saw here on this board for 99 dollars at the HRH and we snagged that rate for springbreak last year!!! It's so worth the money esp during a busy time to stay on site if you could swing it. You could book now and call and check any changes in the rates and they'll apply the lowest rate that's avail. I did'nt book our rooms in april till 2 weeks before we left and got that 99 special! Good to see your doing to us/ioa maybe we'll end up there on the same day in april and could power walk the park together.LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter