CRT and Star Wars Dessert Party in the same night?

DJP1201

Mouseketeer
It has been way, way too long since I've been to WDW, so I'm really not familiar with the layout anymore. I have 4:30 adr at CRT and ADR for SWAG dessert party at 7:30. How long will the Dinner at CRT last? How long will it take to get to HS? Lastly, what time can we check in for the dessert party?

It says 7:30 start time. Is that the time the dessert party begins? Or is that the time the fireworks begin? What time would check in be with a 7:30 start time? We want to meet the characters.

This would be cutting it SUPER close. IF you get into CRT on time, dinner is going to take a minimum of an hour to have dinner, probably more. It's an expensive dinner, and the castle and princesses are something you shouldn't rush through. And without the express transportation, you will need to exit MK, get to HS, go through security, and walk to Launch Bay. I'd schedule these on different nights....

You can probably make both, but it's going to be rushed and not fully enjoy both events.

Last edited:
It has been way, way too long since I've been to WDW, so I'm really not familiar with the layout anymore. I have 4:30 adr at CRT and ADR for SWAG dessert party at 7:30. How long will the Dinner at CRT last? How long will it take to get to HS? Lastly, what time can we check in for the dessert party?

It says 7:30 start time. Is that the time the dessert party begins? Or is that the time the fireworks begin? What time would check in be with a 7:30 start time? We want to meet the characters.

You can probably make it, but I think you're going to short change one or the other food wise. If you eat the entire meal at CRT, you won't have room for the desserts. If you don't eat the entire meal, then you've really overpaid for that experience.

7:30 pm is the start time for the party. We have a party scheduled for 7:30 pm as well and the fireworks are then scheduled at 9:00 pm that night, so I'm assuming it will be the same for your night.

If you allow 90 minutes for CRT, that gives you 90 minutes to get out of MK and over to DHS. Even if you are a few minutes late, you should be fine. If you are nervous about DHS buses not showing up in time, you could always walk to CR and grab a cab/uber/lyft from there.

Thanks for the feedback. Because we're going to CRT on December 21st, and there is a MVMCP that night, I've decided not to do both on the same night. I think everyone gave some good points to consider, and because MK closes at 6:00 that night for non- party guests, I think it would be better to go to the dessert party the night before. On the plus side, I have a whole night that just opened up for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter