• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRT dinner ADR for party of 9-always a no-go

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
Since we always have to fulfill our 4yo granddaughter's every wish :) , I had a friend do some experimenting this morning to give me a feel for our vacation in June.

Our friend's 10 day vacation starts 180 days from today and she looked at availability this morning for a party of 9 for day 10 of her vacation. Even at 190 days out, there was no availability for a party of 9. She did tell me however, that she saw tables for a party of 5 and a party of 4. But, even those were gone by 6:30am. The day of her vacation she was checking was Feb 26, a Monday.

So, since I want day 6 of my vacation in June, a Friday, should I go ahead and plan on booking two tables, for 5 and 4, rather than even considering 9?

I have always managed the ADR for 9, but I do call most of the time. I woudl try to book online at 6AM but if you cannot, call at 7AM.

If you think the two tables will be easier to manage, go for that, but I think you may need two MDE accounts to book two ADR's at the same time. I always caution large parties to be aware that your party may be separated in the restaurant. It has happened to us a few times. We are okay with it especially since we will sometimes have two ADR's and the restaurant will manage to seat us together.

I have always managed the ADR for 9, but I do call most of the time. I woudl try to book online at 6AM but if you cannot, call at 7AM.

If you think the two tables will be easier to manage, go for that, but I think you may need two MDE accounts to book two ADR's at the same time. I always caution large parties to be aware that your party may be separated in the restaurant. It has happened to us a few times. We are okay with it especially since we will sometimes have two ADR's and the restaurant will manage to seat us together.

Yes, we are actually four linked MDEs, so we would book for 4 and 5 from separate MDEs to make sure we get the same time.

Your comment about groups of this size often getting split up strengthens the argument for booking 4 and 5 from the beginning. On the flip side, would they ever combine two parties into 9 upon request if available upon arrival? If no chance, it becomes easier to make my decision.

To be honest, probably not. The table layout at CRT is a factor against combining. Best hope is to be close by. They can't easily shove tables together in that setting.

should I go ahead and plan on booking two tables, for 5 and 4, rather than even considering 9?

Yes, I would. We've done 8, but could only book up to what the online system allowed - 6. Then added 2 under a separate MDE. CRT kindly put a table together at checkin.

I would book the tables for 4 and 5 at 6:00 am and then call at 7:00 am to see if a table of 9 is available. If not, I would ask at check-in if they can put your groups together, but be prepared to sit separately.

The system won't allow you to book more than 8 online.

Well, how about that, you're right. My friend had originally done a global search for 9, and CRT didn't pop up. But when she went in to CRT specifically and searched for 8, three time slots were available (dinner). But, still nothing listed for 9.

I'm tempted to book parties of 8 and 1, thinking they may be willing to just move one chair over to make 9. Or, maybe I'll stick with 5 and 4, can't decide.

So, dinner party of 8 was available this morning at 189 days out for three different time slots. Party of 9 was not available at all. And, she also noted that she could only find this reservation on the website - the MDE app just said call for reservations - all other restaurants actually gave her a choice to Reserve Dining.

Should I book for 8 on the website, then call and ask them to change it to 9? Or, should I just plan on booking 5 and 4 online? I'll be using linked dining plan credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter