CRT/Dinning Plan ?

te2077

Mouseketeer
We have CRT booked. However we are on the dinning plan. If I wish to pay for this one out of pocket do I need to call back and have it put on my credit card before I go or do I just tell the server we will not be using the dp for that meal and pay for it then.

(i did give my cc number to reserve the ressie)

You can call back and tell them to prepay it. At least do this before you arrive so there will be no mistake. :sunny:

I'm in the same situation. I believe that I am going to pay out of pocket, but probably will not make that decision until I am there. I assume that at the end of the meal, I can just give them my credit card instead of my DP card?

We did this in October....we just told our server when we sat down that we weren't going to use our DDP for any of the meals. We didn't have a problem. Used cash instead.

scrappinmom said:
We did this in October....we just told our server when we sat down that we weren't going to use our DDP for any of the meals. We didn't have a problem. Used cash instead.

1) Excellent decision.
2) CRT is a bad choice for using two table service coupons.
3) You actually lose money.
4) Too many people using dining plan unwisely.
5) You did the smart thing.

The only way confusion will come in is if you give them your KTTW and tell them to charge it to the room. You can do this, but pay attention to your receipts. This is one of those occasions where it is easier to just give them another credit card--that way, there is no chance of a mix up.

Do tell the server at the beginning of the meal what you plan to do. THere is really no reason to call ahead. By telling the server, you keep your options open.

thanks so much for the advice i will just take cash with me or a credit card. I wont give them my room card and i guess all should be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter