Cruise 10/11/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan and Mike,

I second (or third :p ) this motion. We liked LAPLAPL and especially the adults-only atmosphere.

Mike,
I called Roland and they just came back from a one-week-vacation at Sylt, an island in the German Northsea - Better: THE Island in the German Northsea ;) It's a very posh place and they had a good time there. They really just got into their house when I called, so we didn't have much time to talk. They had to unload the car, feed the dog, etc. Tomorrow Roland has to go on a business-trip to Cologne. But he promised to call on the weekend, and then we'll talk about the cruise. We're still hoping that they will accompany us. Roland's Mom is back home and mending fine. Rolo also promised to register with the DIS ASAP, to thank all of you personally for all the PixieDust and good wishes.
With the low Dollar it would be a shame not to go to the USA this year ;) , but they still have to solve the doggy-problem.

Mary,
I just downloaded the Kid's List and will work it over tomorrow or on Wednesday. I'm in the process of filing our taxes for 2001 and 2002, which is a lot of work. Sometimes I can understand your ancestors fleeing to the New World to evade those darn European taxes;)
But I hope that the payback will be good for a healthy portion of our cruise :p I'll know more tomorrow, when I have fed the puter all the required data.

Now it's bed time, see Y'all

Eric,

Where are you going to be staying the night before the cruise. I saw you are renting a van to get to the port, but how about ditching the van and riding the DCL bus with us. We are a fun bunch! That is our friends Denna and David of Richmond (will book soon!) and hubby and me. They entertain you with that video and ALL those Disney touches on the bus. Does Anja like the van? Have you found anyone to share it with you?

We'll be at the Hyatt at the airport.

Tina

Bette and Mary Jo-- Meeting in Lancaster on April 5th looks like that date would work for me. Just let me know the details.

Eric--- Hope you are feeling better

I also like the LAPLAPL rotation.

Made my Radisson reservation this weekend. Need to do Capt Marvins yet and airfare. Waiting for SWA to come out with there fall rates.

Dan-- I finally got my information packet for my conference in Cincinnati. If I fly into Columbus maybe we can meet along with Colleen.

Rosemary--- I finally got my taxes done and have been trying to fill out that FASA form on line. However, having trouble getting into the system. I have spent both Sat and Sunday night trying to get the form filled out. I will probably just end up doing the paper forms, but it looks like you have to request the paper form as I only have information to do the internet.

Time to go home.

Later,
Nancy

We'll probably have the LAP rotation, too, since the last 4 cruises that's what they gave us, so we'll be with you ALL. Just keep it down, we are quiet eaters and enjoy silence... NOT!!!! The other couple we are traveling with enjoys talking and laughing as much as we do, so we ALL will be having fun.

I can't wait!
Tina :bounce:
PS: Are you thinking about what small gifts to bring? We have a "Celebrate Maryland" store that has all things from the state of... ? Anyone? I'm going to check it out this week.

Hi All.....Hope everyone had a great Monday. I have a question about parking at the port. My parents are traveling with us but driving seperatly. I was thinking about booking rooms at the radisson and then leaving their car parked there. Driving our van to the port and parking it there. I am a control freak, don't think I can wait for a shuttle. What are the parking fees at the port?

Thanks for your help.

Hope

Hope - My understanding is that the parking is $10/day, payable when you arrive. So, it would be $70 for the 7 day cruise.

Eric,

We will probably be at OKW the night before and may be interested in a carpool - however if airfares do not go down soon we may be driving ourselves. If that's the case we wouldn't mind picking you up along the way. I guess we'll know the closer we get to cruise-time. In either case, we will still be waving to yunz guys as you leave the ship. Will need a week of rest after this bunch.

Nancy

This is what we did last year and it worked out great. My family and Rellingtwins family stayed at the Raddison on Friday night. On Sat morning we loaded up in our own car&minivan and drove to the port with our luggage. After dropping everything and everyone off at the port the hubby's drove the cars back to the Raddison. While the wives(Mary and I) got on line, checked in and got everyone ready, the guys dropped off the cars at the Raddison, then jumped on a shuttle. Without luggage catching a shuttle is MUCH easier. By the time we met back at the port, all the guys had to do was check themselves in and we were ready to board when they opened the gate. Saved $70 parking fee.
Return trip: Hubbys jump a shuttle, again no luggage, went back to Raddison, returned with cars, loaded luggage and away we went. I figured the $70 savings just about pays for our hotel room. Just an idea.;) It worked very well for us.:bounce:
Later, Ave

Just found this one the Port Canaveral website --

Parking at Port Canaveral's Cruise Terminals is paved, gated, and under 24-hour surveillance. Parking fee is $10.00 per day for vehicles up to 20 feet in length and $20.00 per day for vehicles over 20 feet. The total amount for the time the vehicle is to be parked must be paid in full upon entering the parking area. Visa, MasterCard, Traveler's Checks issued in U.S. dollars and Cash are accepted in payment of fees. All fees stated above are subject to change without notice by Canaveral Port Authority.

What a GREAT IDEA!!! :Pinkbounc I'll run it by my dh!! I think it is GREAT! After you checked the everyone in you said that the guys had to check themselves in. Does that mean they had to wait in a long ling?

Are you staying at the Radisson? I am going to call tomorrow and book our rooms. I am so glad that I asked!!

Hope

Thanks Windermere!! I have to get all these little extras taken care of before we go. My dh will freak when he sees all the extras I have to pay for. He doesn't know about tipping, parking or any of the other little things. I am just going to pay for them and not tell him. The less he knows the better ! ;)

Hope

:bounce: :bounce: Check your E-mails :bounce: :bounce:
I finally got up the nerve and sent out the first drafts of the ScavengEAR logo and the CRUISETOBERFEST Name Tags. They are only the FIRST DRAFT. I'm open to suggestions (If I can do what you suggest!). Our idea was yellow t-shirts for the ScavengEAR Hunt and white t-shirts for the Cruisetoberfest shirts.
I was trying not to have something too "busy" and not distract from the Mickey-Flamingo and the German Mickey characters.

Once I get in all the ideas and a final work-up is done .. I'll let you guys know the next step.

Mike, Kathy, Ave, Mary, etc you guys can attest to how much fun we had last year at the Radisson the night before sail-away. It works out so nice to be able to park there are get dropped off and at the font of the check-in line. Actually last year I think we were the first 50 people or so in line. WHAT A BALL!

Have a nice night --- Hopefuly you can all see the E-mail with the attachments. (Mary, I'll ask Mike to see if he can get it into a format that you can see)

Cathy with @ C

Ok, 2 suggestions on the logos -

Do ScavngEAR lettering to emphasize the 'ear'

I like Cruisetoberfest II as opposed to '#2'

Nancy (CI)--- Southwest and AirTran both fly out of BWI. It might be worthwhile to drive to Baltimore and then fly down. SWA doesn't have their Oct schedule out, but you can book AirTran. You can get non stop out of BWI from both of those airlines. Just a thought.

Nancy (CE)

Nancy ( CE ),

At this point we will be in Fl for at least 2 and maybe 3 weeks. Not sure parking at BWI will be a great alternative. Of course we could always park a t a friend's house and have him drive us. Just have to figure out all the options.
Was even willing to carpool with the Tuli's (haha)

Nancy ( CI )

Cathy! The logos are WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so much for all your hard work!
I have the following suggestions(you DID ask!!LOL)
1. On the ScavagEAR Hunt I would love to see the date, either
10/12/03 or October 12,2003

2. On the name tags..leave off the "DIS NAME"and just put "Papa"
or "@GoofyNut" ect. After all we will KNOW what the "names" mean!

3. I agree with Nancy (Windermere) I like the II better then 2

Now.....all that said, if you kept them just the way they are that would be GREAT TOO!
I know last year you mailed out so many packages Cathy. I KNOW that had to add up money wise. I am going to INSIST on either sending you a check for the shipping, paying you on board, or buying you and Art a drink (or bottle of wine???)

CATHY.....YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}!

Hope, I must agree with Ave, the drop off, at the port worked out great! We were 1st in line to board. When the guys got there they DID have to stand in line for a few min. BUT>>>WE were already on the "Boarding Line" so they just joined us!They are going to have to stand in line no matter how they do it, because all adults must check in. I had already checked in for the kids and I so, his check in was a snap! HINT...Have all the documents already filled out! ALSO....Make SURE hubby takes his ID, his cruise ticket, and his birth certificate with him when he goes to park the car. He will not be allowed back into the port (even on the shuttle) without his paperwork.

When we got back to the port, it was nice not to have to "fight" for a ride back. We just hung around under the tent in the parking lot and said our good-bys to each other, and to several other DIS'ers. When the guys got back with the van/car we loaded up and were on our way.

Eric, thanks for the help with the kids list. No rush...whenever you can get to it.

I got our confirmation from the dive trip in Cozumel, also from the Radisson.I have pre-paid both. Now I just have Capt. Marvins and Castaway Cay Fishing trip to pay for.

I bought DS a Tux on E-Bay! His old one is WAY to small now, but maybe Ave's DS can use it. I also bought it on E-Bay and he got 2 cruises out of it. This one may also last for 2 cruises IF DS dosn't have a big growth spurt! This one is TOO CUTE! It has TAILS!!!

I will call tomorrow and make reservations at the Radisson. I think it sounds like a great idea. :Pinkbounc

Thanks for the kids list. My dd's have been in contact with two other girls so far. This really makes it exciting for them. They run in the door after school to see if they have any new emails!!
What a great idea.

Hope

@GoofyNut

Great work the name tag and T shirt!!!

Twinave

The kids lists is a hit here as well!! Yet another reason for them not to go to bed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter