Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to my friend that works in the food/ gift shop at BC, they're getting ready to get people complaining BC doesn't have a food court from people being moved from the other resorts.
I also asked her about ther pools, the only thing she's heard is that they're thinking of only opening the dvc pools
I was actually thinking about this last night randomly as I was trying to hypothesize what TS/QS they’ll have open in each resort. Here’s what my guesses are:

BLT - Contempo Cafe/The Wave
VGF - Gasparilla/GFC
BCV - Cape May (no characters or buffet), BC Marketplace
BWV - Bakery/Trattoria al Forno
AKL - The Mara/Sanaa (assuming both AKV sides are open)
BRV/CCV - RF/WCC (maybe Geyser Point since it’s outside?)
PV - Captain Cook’s/Kona

Riviera, SSR, and OKW are all pretty self-explanatory.

If they stick to just the DVC wings (which seems likely initially), it would make sense to not operate the feature pools at resorts with a DVC pool (i.e. BLT, BC, BWV, AKL-KV, maybe they use the BRV pool for CCV as well). The Resorts component is the part of all this I find most fascinating.

I made a quick reservation for my 16 yr old son and I to go July 13-16. Booked it the day before the announced the reopening. Staying at Pop. My fast passes and dining plan have both been cancelled. I haven’t received an email. Online Chatted with customer service, who said they were working on getting the new system up and would be reaching out.

That's why I hope the actual queue is limited to the number necessary to maintain a constant line. Like you might need a 15 minute physical line to guarantee no unnecessary gaps, but why use a virtual queue if it's going to be an hour wait when you're "called"? (Then again this kind of is how ROTR worked)

Couldnt the virtual queues just be in use to assure the physical lines do not extend out of their defined space and become hard to control? That’s basically what it was for with RotR, like you said. Not necessarily as a fastpass lower the wait kind of concept, but more like we’ll let you know when it’s your turn to stand in line. Granted the physical lines should be moving much faster with people spread apart, certain switch backs not in use, and no FP+ cutting it off.

I made a quick reservation for my 16 yr old son and I to go July 13-16. Booked it the day before the announced the reopening. Staying at Pop. My fast passes and dining plan have both been cancelled. I haven’t received an email. Online Chatted with customer service, who said they were working on getting the new system up and would be reaching out.
Wow, you dodged a bullet!

Couldnt the virtual queues just be in use to assure the physical lines do not extend out of their defined space and become hard to control? That’s basically what it was for with RotR, like you said. Not necessarily as a fastpass lower the wait kind of concept, but more like we’ll let you know when it’s your turn to stand in line. Granted the physical lines should be moving much faster with people spread apart, certain switch backs not in use, and no FP+ cutting it off.

yeah but in the end witth social distancing the actual line will go much quicker then normal. So a ride with a 90 minute wait may be 60-70 minutes in virtual queue and then only 20-30 in the actual line.

Yours is the first post that I’ve read saying this.

Their policy has been to cancel by start dates, regardless if the trip ends after the closure period. I’m not saying you were told wrong, but I’d be very cautious about believing anything you’re told by a phone CM, especially right now.

Disney is trying to deter people from booking. While I guess it’s possible, I’d be amazed if they contacted guests to try and adjust dates to include them.
WDW stopped the rolling one week cancellations after they announced the opening so I think we’re sitting at unknown for how they’ll handle the last batch of cancellations.

I’m wondering which values will be open. Our dates at end of June/beginning of July were cancelled so we are going to try and reschedule for September. But we were at ASSp with free dining from January and if we have to move “up” in hotels the 35% won’t make that big of difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I suspect that's what they will do. I just think it would be nice IF they could reduce the actual queue time even moreso, but they probably won't.

It also depends on what the DAS was for. If it’s because they melt down in crowds, a social distanced line would mean no one is within 6 feet of them, so the line wouldn’t be chaotic. If it was because they couldn’t get out of the line if they needed the bathroom that might be another story.
even before you could find a 20 or more minute line in FP line. DAS was never front of or skip the line. biggest thing is DAS uses the FP line so not sure how going to happen now

I’m wondering which values will be open. Our dates at end of June/beginning of July were cancelled so we are going to try and reschedule for September. But we were at ASSp with free dining from January and if we have to move “up” in hotels the 35% won’t make that big of difference. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Probably only PoP/AoA.

My husband hasn’t. He isn’t the lead name on our reservations, but many adrs were on his account as well as his tickets. We have three DVC reservations and I have received one email which didn’t mention our resort reservation at all, just that I had existing tickets. 🤷‍♀️

Anyone still not gotten the email yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter