Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be shocked if masks in the us will become required to be out in public. Maybe certain work places will required workers too or places to go but not everywhere.
We are almost there. It’s a recommendation from the CDC to help prevent spread from asymptomatic people:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
If requiring masks means that Disney can reopen earlier, I’m all for it. I don’t think the temperature check does anything and I don’t think they can reopen without a way to prevent asymptomatic/pre-symptomatic guests from spreading COVID.

We are almost there. It’s a recommendation from the CDC to help prevent spread from asymptomatic people:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
If requiring masks means that Disney can reopen earlier, I’m all for it. I don’t think the temperature check does anything and I don’t think they can reopen without a way to prevent asymptomatic/pre-symptomatic guests from spreading COVID.

recommendation is one thing legal requirement is another thing. From the looks of my area in ne fl the vast majority are not choosing to wear them, some are but not even all.

I see so many people who wear masks wrong, touch their faces constantly while wearing them and take them off wrong and actually increase their risk of infection. Not to mention the incorrect fitting for children. I just don't see how it will work. Will Disney be purchasing mass quantities of masks and handing them out? Are people expected to bring their own masks into the parks? I for one would not attend if a mask is required because I can't see my 4 kids wearing a mask all day in a park. I know they are going to play with it, and be touching their face and that would be worst for them. Plus taking them off to eat every 5 min (my kids are constantly eating :rolleyes:). Then they have to put it back on correctly, without touching the front? On and off, on and off. To me that is more risk for them. I understand the mask prevents infecting others, I am all for protecting others so I would not go then until a mask isn't needed and I hope Disney will be generous with people rescheduling.

This. 💯. There’s a reason why medical professionals change their masks.... my uncle is a surgeon. He doesn’t wear the same surgical mask for every surgery and he doesn’t wear them all day. He doesn’t wear one to the cafeteria to eat. Because once you touch it, it’s no longer sterile and is now a risk to the person wearing it. So what’s the point of wearing one at WDW? So you wear one to maybe protect others but then end up getting yourself sick because of all the removal/ cross contamination/ improper fit issues.

Literally no vacation is worth dealing with that with two small kids who will fight me on wearing the mask in the first place.

This. 💯. There’s a reason why medical professionals change their masks.... my uncle is a surgeon. He doesn’t wear the same surgical mask for every surgery and he doesn’t wear them all day. He doesn’t wear one to the cafeteria to eat. Because once you touch it, it’s no longer sterile and is now a risk to the person wearing it. So what’s the point of wearing one at WDW? So you wear one to maybe protect others but then end up getting yourself sick because of all the removal/ cross contamination/ improper fit issues.

Literally no vacation is worth dealing with that with two small kids who will fight me on wearing the mask in the first place.

Well doing surgery is a bit different then going to an amusement park ;) The point of the general public wearing a mask in this times is not to create a sterile environment.

I will be shocked if masks in the us will become required to be out in public. Maybe certain work places will required workers too or places to go but not everywhere.

If I were to go through all the posts from the last month that have a "I will be shocked if..." statement and list them here, I could have a long post.

Now, let's say there are folks that want the economy back up and running, including attending sports games, movie theaters, and theme parks. And let's say that a condition of this in the short term is mandating the wearing of face masks. I would not be shocked if that were the case.

20 years ago I would never have thought that I'd have to take off my shoes to go through airport security. Things change with the times we are in. Nothing stays the same, even at WDW.

If I were to go through all the posts from the last month that have a "I will be shocked if..." statement and list them here, I could have a long post.

Now, let's say there are folks that want the economy back up and running, including attending sports games, movie theaters, and theme parks. And let's say that a condition of this in the short term is mandating the wearing of face masks. I would not be shocked if that were the case.

20 years ago I would never have thought that I'd have to take off my shoes to go through airport security. Things change with the times we are in. Nothing stays the same, even at WDW.

You are absolutely correct.... two months ago no one thought they’d close Disneyland. Who knows where we’ll be by June 1! Anything is on the table, and I can see a short term implementation of masks happening.

News
Long Island’s Adventureland is the second park to extend annual passes through the end of next season.

View attachment 486310
The extensions through the end of the season work very well for parks that have seasons. The challenge with WDW is there’s no seasons. If for example, they extend all passes expiring in 2020 through Dec 31st 2020 (for example), those with an original expiration date of 12/31/20 will get 0 extra days and some that expired right when they closed will get a bunch of days. Someone will always complain.

The extensions through the end of the season work very well for parks that have seasons. The challenge with WDW is there’s no seasons. If for example, they extend all passes expiring in 2020 through Dec 31st 2020 (for example), those with an original expiration date of 12/31/20 will get 0 extra days and some that expired right when they closed will get a bunch of days. Someone will always complain.
Ya it doesn’t work for Disney, Universal, or SeaWorld that well. But most parks around the country do year to year passes. Cedar Fair’s Knotts Berry Farm is the other one that’s announced this policy, so it has happened with a major chain (but only with one of their parks so far).

It's nice to see how many people wont go to the Disney parks and wear a mask.... leave room for the people who will make the "sacrifice" lol. I've postponed this trip 3 times already and gosh be darn I'll be there in a mask.
LOL we are spoiled locals and can hold off! I’d actually wear a mask to Disneyland if I could leave my little ones at home! I hope you get your trip!!!!

It's nice to see how many people wont go to the Disney parks and wear a mask.... leave room for the people who will make the "sacrifice" lol. I've postponed this trip 3 times already and gosh be darn I'll be there in a mask.
I wouldn't be opposed to wearing one but I just don't see how it would be feasible. How would you eat? How would you swim? How would they enforce it? What about babies? Plus, my 6 year old with sensory issues would surely never keep one on.

I could see them requiring masks, but what a nightmare for a family destination. I can’t picture many small children keeping a mask on for any length of time. I know mine wouldn’t. Although, we will not travel there at all if coronavirus is such a concern that masks are required so it doesn’t matter.

Ya it doesn’t work for Disney, Universal, or SeaWorld that well. But most parks around the country do year to year passes. Cedar Fair’s Knotts Berry Farm is the other one that’s announced this policy, so it has happened with a major chain (but only with one of their parks so far).
One of the problems with simply adding extra days for Passholders is that the extended time might be in a "season" that is not usable for some. {For instance, I never go in the summer anymore. Between the heat and rain, it's just not fun}. Additionally, it may be difficult to book a flight and the Resort you would prefer in that short window of time. I think they are going to need to expand the grace period further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter