Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the wrong thread, but can anyone list out the dining spots that they are able to make reservations for? Is everything open? I read that in park is not available yet. What about everything else?

It is not everything at the resorts. I don’t have the list but I know only Kona available at Poly and not Ohana. I think only Grand Floridian Cafe and not 1900 Park Fare...

I love being 30 days out from a vacation and having no idea where and if i'll be able to go.

I’m curious, don’t you feel you spending a ton of money on a trip your not controlling? I mean you don’t even know what hotel to stay in. It’s basically like “ Here Disney, take my money and make my trip “

The hotel alone, if I wasn’t choosing the one I wanted to go to, would make me cancel.

well my hold music has disappeared, but the call is still active so now it's eerie silence
2 hours and 25 mins

Seems so simple to say, there is absolutely no excuse for that, rather than trying to come up with excuses for why it's ok. I've turned down things that were free because of a wait shorter than that.

At least they're consistent. They have yet to fail in disappointing me with their response in all of this since the first trip we lost back in March. Not once have I had to say, well, there's why I choose Disney over other places.

I’m curious, don’t you feel you spending a ton of money on a trip your not controlling? I mean you don’t even know what hotel to stay in. It’s basically like “ Here Disney, take my money and make my trip “

The hotel alone, if I wasn’t choosing the one I wanted to go to, would make me cancel.
Well I have Movies booked so it cant get worse than that lol. If it turns out to be crappy park reservations i'll cancel and move my trip to somewhere else.

And I'm expecting the reservation system to be awful, I mean we have so many past examples with reservations systems for Pandora, NFL, SSWGE, TSLand. I expect that, today, I didn't expect to wait 2 hours or more (still on hold) for a reservation system where such a small pool of people are calling

Sadly, I did expect it.

total time was 2 hours and 35 minutes. Old school where I had to give her my reservation number because the system can't pull up the MDE details, I also had to go get my credit card info to book
But all done for Beaches and Cream on the 2nd
BTW cause I asked, you can only book during your dates of stay, I'm a local and I asked if I could book dining for any other day and she said only for dates of stay

When I renewed, I expected there to be a reservation system. I knew exactly what I was buying, and I got exactly what I paid for—an entire year of admission with a reservation policy. If I didn’t like the idea of a reservation system, I would have either cancelled my pass or let it expire. I’m completely happy with my purchase. Maybe they can afford to give all APs an extra year and maybe they can’t, but I think that’s a completely unrealistic expectation. If Disney wants to give me something extra, I’ll be grateful, but I refuse to get mad because it doesn’t look like they’re going to give me something for free.

Weird...several other theme park chains are extending their aps for a full year without an issue.

Ok, well they still owe me and many others full access, in some cases for just under 12 months and have not completed their obligations to us. Yes...owe...its what we paid for and agreed to when deciding yo make the purchase. So unless they intend to fulfill that or compensate us in a way that we think is fair, they are wrong.

It’s kind of a game at this point. I feel like they took a Yahtzee game set and manipulated the dice (one for hotel, one for restaurants, one for parks) and they are just rolling it to see where we end up. 😂

If you are DVC def call MS got through in 30 minutes.

NEXT WEEK some places are starting to get sold out already. So dont wait.

Sannaa breakfast for all next week getting limited CM told me

Weird...several other theme park chains are extending their aps for a full year without an issue.

Ok, well they still owe me and many others full access, in some cases for just under 12 months and have not completed their obligations to us. Yes...owe...its what we paid for and agreed to when deciding yo make the purchase. So unless they intend to fulfill that or compensate us in a way that we think is fair, they are wrong.
That’s because most other theme parks outside of Florida and California are seasonal and they only open in the spring and summer. So the annual passes are usually only good for that season. They can extend it a year easily. Disney can’t do that as APs run and are used a full 365 days. But they could have thrown us a bone and given us an extra month or so.

That’s because most other theme parks outside of Florida and California are seasonal and they only open in the spring and summer. So the annual passes are usually only good for that season. They can extend it a year easily. Disney can’t do that as APs run and are used a full 365 days. But they could have thrown us a bone and given us an extra month or so.
There are literally dozens of options they could have chosen, but they've opted for the bare bones, absolute minimum they could get away with and not face some kind of legal issue. That's a standard I've never known Disney to aspire to.

If you are DVC def call MS got through in 30 minutes.

NEXT WEEK some places are starting to get sold out already. So dont wait.

Sannaa breakfast for all next week getting limited CM told me
Wait, we are going to have to book CS places too? I mean Sanaa breakfast use to be walk down, grab something, and head out. Now we need to reserve even that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter