Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't room window, it is ticket eligibility window. What the hell is ticket eligibility window when all tickets are good right now for over a year?
I believe that refers to APs (i.e. you can't book all the way through September 2021 if your AP expires in July 2021) and any special tickets like Discover Disney tickets (which can only be used through the end of this September).
Honestly, I think the Sept 2021 date is there to let people know this system is going to be around until then,,,not that everyone is booking all at once.

I know we have to wait for official emails, but I don’t think this is meant that it opens all at once.
It's certainly possible. I want to say it surprised me to see them discussing September 2021 at all, but at this point, I don't think there's a lot Disney can do that truly surprise most of us. I don't think the system could handle everybody at once.

Honestly, I think the Sept 2021 date is there to let people know this system is going to be around until then,,,not that everyone is booking all at once.

I know we have to wait for official emails, but I don’t think this is meant that it opens all at once.

Probably not all at once. I don’t think 2021 would open until at the very earliest ticket or package sales start up.

However they said you will be able to see park availability before you buy tickets and reserve when purchased. That leads me to believe it won’t be limited to a short window given that they would then have to limit sales and bookings.

With regards to MDE and family and friends having their own account.........

Pete said in his video today EVERYONE must have their own account now going forward. No more just adding friends and family. They ALL must have their own account

Do we have this confirmed yet?
That sounds like an odd move for Disney. What happens with kids or for those whose spouses/partners make all of the plans and reservations? My kids are 7 and 4 and would have zero clue what to do. My husband would just tell me to handle his account anyway since he doesn’t care to plan.

I called it! I'm a the beach all of next week, have a snorkeling day off cays scheduled for Monday, and I just knew that's when this Parks Reservation system will drop. Oh, and now we need to make it on the phones on the desktop version. Peachy. Would it be too much to ask that they open up at 7 am so I can get this done before I need to be without cell signal?
I will be in the woods on a camping trip :scared: , Monday morning lol.

That sounds like an odd move for Disney. What happens with kids or for those whose spouses/partners make all of the plans and reservations? My kids are 7 and 4 and would have zero clue what to do. My husband would just tell me to handle his account anyway since he doesn’t care to plan.

This is just what he said today in his video. Maybe its misinformation?..................................

I really hope that 2 day rule for Ap's doesn't last long. The 7 day limit for FP+ was hard enough! We often stay offsite at Bonnet Creek so traveling from IL and only getting 2 days is awful! At least with FP we had 7 and could still go to a park without having FP.

I'm going to try to not worry about it as the first time it will be an issue for us in next April.

With regards to MDE and family and friends having their own account.........

Pete said in his video today EVERYONE must have their own account now going forward. No more just adding friends and family. They ALL must have their own account

Do we have this confirmed yet?
That just doesn’t sound right. Everyone? Every child, computer-addled spouse and techno-challenged great-grandparent is going to need their own MDE account? My family is in serious trouble.

yeah, 2 days without a resort reservation or 14 days with a resort reservation:

If you are an Annual Passholder and have a resort reservation, you will be able to reserve up to 14 days at a time. If you are an Annual Passholder with a resort reservation, you will be able to make Disney Park Pass reservations beginning June 22nd.
Whew I have exactly 14 days of park days between my july and september trips.

Ugh is it confirmed only on desk top, no app to make the reservations?

Sorry this thread moves FAST

From DisneyWorld.com:
Believe what you want. I'm providing information that was given to me by a CM. I will be making my reservations on Monday, as my trip is in three weeks. I would bet money that those who have vacations in 2021 are going to assist in crashing the system, AND will be mightily disappointed come Monday when they find out their booking window has not begun.

My problem with this though is having reduced time in the park. If the park is open from say 9-7 what would the time slots be? I see for our local zoo and even some Cedar Fair parks that they are every half hour for the first few hours. I don't want to pay full price for a ticket but then not be able to get in until noon or after for example. It will be interesting to see how this is all laid out and is really making me rethink our fall trip and if it's worth the cost to us.
I definitely understand this for probably most ppl. But this is something that probably won’t be a big deal for us. We never spend the whole day in the parks anymore b/c DS is 2 & still needs a nap. And for us it should be better b/c DS doesn’t tolerate long security & entry lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter