Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monthly payment plan here.

So in ADDITION to the extension for closure, you can either choose to extend 1 extra month, or take refund post-August and cancel the pass.

I guess they think the value of park hopping is worth 1 month's worth of payment? Wooooow.
They seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that I paid 25% of the ticket up front when opting in to the monthly plan. In addition I purchased an AP in early Nov. that wasn't activated until after Christmas so just stopping the monthly payments doesn't cut it.

I just called to check on my July 11th-18th reservation at POP, and was told I would "probably" have to pay the difference.... So basically no update lol
If that is true and ends up being the case, I would be furious. It wasn't your choice to close the resort where your reservation is, so Disney either needs to make it right by moving you for free or refunding all your money.

I’ll take this but maybe just me.
I don't even know what to do. Is it worth keeping the AP if we don't even know if we can get resort reservations?

I don't really mind not knowing which park I'll be going to, but I love hopping to wherever I want, when I want. For restaurants, for a random FP, for a festival. It's just the type of vacation we like to do. That and we always resort hop to check out restaurants/bars, decorations, etc. My AP expires 9/20/20, so the extra month in presumably a busy time of year doesn't make a difference.

Makes me sad. I love being an AP but with this many restrictions that will go well into 2021, I don't know if it's worth throwing the money away, especially on a renewal.

ETA: I'm a FL resident Silver passholder - so yeah there's more flexibility in travel except we prefer to stay onsite and stay in the bubble while we're there, and Disney resort stays aren't last-minute plan friendly when you're not trying to break the bank to stay 2 nights. We go with the Silver pass because we don't care about the photo memory maker or going in dead heat of summer/craziness of Christmas).

Last edited:
Has anyone received the AP previews email? If so, can you post it here, like some our doing with the reservations emails?

No email for me yet. Have both September and December reservations and an AP.

I wonder if we'll get the extra month on our yet to be activated AP. I would hope so since we won't have the hoppig available to use either.

I was told yesterday on the phone I could cancel my AP and apply for a refund. Makes sense they’re giving this an official option now (I think, if I understand correct). I wish there was an announced date to call by, though I imagine it’s just park opening.

Not my ideal choice, but better than the partial refund they were offering (if they calculate it like I should, it’s 3 extra months for me). Goodbye AP, I guess. It was fun being one for 6 days 😭.
From the website:
We will send information in early July with details on how to take action on these options.

So the AP extension of 30 days says it’ll show up in October. What about those of us who currently with the 117 day extension expire before that? Ours expire August 9 now and we have a trip planned Aug 20-30. DVC so we have points we have to use. Thanks Disney.

So the AP extension of 30 days says it’ll show up in October. What about those of us who currently with the 117 day extension expire before that? Ours expire August 9 now and we have a trip planned Aug 20-30. DVC so we have points we have to use. Thanks Disney.
Great minds think alike apparently!
Same boat for us. APs expire 9/2 and we check in 9/6.

Sorry if this was already posted. New info for APs on the site - important dates chart includes preview dates.

Also -

"All Annual Passholders are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, or Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for their entire Resort length of stay. All reservations are subject to availability and applicable pass blockout dates."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter