Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem the MDE has been given a time out...too busy to get in right now..saying we're almost in orbit..:)
But has not crashed yet...
We're Almost in Orbit
Thank you for your continued patience. Hang in there as you are making progress.
We have a lot of Guests accessing the system so you are now in a waiting room. Please wait while we complete your request. Don't refresh the page or select back button.

So I am following along with some accounts that are at the resorts today. Looks like Coke Freestyle machines are not in use. Pete is going to have a fit lol.

The CMs fill your drink for you.

PriceCharmingDev is updating his Instagram stories if anyone wants to follow along with him.

Its weird, it says to click link to view calendar to check availability before booking/purchasing, but when I do it shows all dates grayed out. How would this work when I want to add tickets?

View attachment 503132
View attachment 503131

Do you have a resort stay? Considering your Park Pass Availability page has no options to select for disney resort guests, It looks like it defaulted to the off-site ticket holder calendar. It is showing no availability because those guests cannot book yet.

Try this link, which has expanded options for Disney resort guests and AP holders: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder

It's under My Plans in MDE. There is no option to click resort guest.

If use other link when I'm not in my MDE I can see everything.

:D

The "Resort guest" option is on the other calendar. There's a link somewhere to an availability calendar that let's you choose between ticketed guest and resort guest, and then there's the calendar where you actually select your dates and book your park.

Do you have a resort stay? Considering your Park Pass Availability page has no options to select for disney resort guests, It looks like it defaulted to the off-site ticket holder calendar. It is showing no availability because those guests cannot book yet.

Try this link, which has expanded options for Disney resort guests and AP holders: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=tickets,resort,passholder

I have a 2021 resort stay, but no tickets yet. So we are thinking that's the reason for limited view. Perhaps on Wednesday when we have ability to switch to package, I will be able to preview.
:)

Its weird, it says to click link to view calendar to check availability before booking/purchasing, but when I do it shows all dates grayed out. How would this work when I want to add tickets?

View attachment 503132
View attachment 503131

For me it was grey all the way and I was able to book my days anyway.

Right now I can`t even select a day anymore.

I think after 20-200 refresh it will come back eventually.

Seeing Disney's recent IT work, I see huge issues when they actually open and the system is under alot more stress! This is nothing compared to what's coming for Disney. Instead of a seamless experience I see alot of park attendees stressed when the virtual ques are not working and app won't work.
VQs are dead at WDW so that’s not on ITs plate anymore. Multiple reports they will not have them at WDW after all.

Regarding the Availability Calendar, I wasn't able to see any availability when I clicked the link provided on this forum. Once I logged into my account on Firefox, I was able to navigate on the MDE to find the availability calendar. There were three buttons at the top to pick which type of ticket: Ticket Holder, Resort Stays, and AP. The only calendar that shows availability right now is the Resort Stay button, and it is wide open.

Not me. Was able to get 6 out of 6 days for my end of July trip. Went to make reservations for my December trip and it would only allow me to reserve 1st day of the trip and when making the second reservation it states I have exceeded my allowed amount of reservations. Not sure if 8 is the limit r the system is not allowing me to make reservations past 12/11 in my case.
Join the party. Some with DVC appear to be able to make reservations for multiple stays and some like myself are not able to. I've been looking at various replies trying to find some rhyme or reason as to why and can't figure it out quite yet. The magic of Disney IT!

Took me a few hours, but I was finally able to get in and make reservations for our July 23-27 trip. However, I got one day of our October trip selected and now it's telling me we're at our limit. Same for our January trip. DH and I have Premier APs through "the club" that show expirations in MDE of 2029, and DVC reservations in July, October and January. For now I am okay we're covered for July and I will deal with the rest later, but wanted to report our results as I've seen others with DVC bookings and valid AP also limited to 7 days of reservations.

Last edited:
Has anyone had success with reservation modifications today? I know at 7am their system was down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter