Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the times when one WON'T be able to hop to EPCOT will be pretty minimal ... and if that is the case I would suspect they would let you cancel yoru ADR and waive the fee - worst case scneario you can move the ADR to a future date and then cancel it to avoid any fee.

Did this a few weeks back when we decided not to go someplace - escapes me now where but it was same day. Just pick any date in the future and a time. Then once that's all set just go back and delete it. Easy peasy.

Well, you could always.....
Haha! I think I would find myself single after being married almost 30 years if I tried to renew our APs or planned a trip right now. We have our first grandchild on the way in December across the country from us and we are relocating out of state at the moment. My husband has been exceedingly understanding of my addiction but I have to draw the line here. Once we are settled in our new house, we will only be a 6 hour drive from Disney so then all bets are off, lol.

Haha! I think I would find myself single after being married almost 30 years if I tried to renew our APs or planned a trip right now. We have our first grandchild on the way in December across the country from us and we are relocating out of state at the moment. My husband has been exceedingly understanding of my addiction but I have to draw the line here. Once we are settled in our new house, we will only be a 6 hour drive from Disney so then all bets are off, lol.
Taking our first and only grandtinker in two weeks. She is perfect age of almost 5. This will be her 4th trip so I understand your thinking.

Personally, unless we know more information as times goes on, I won't be making any ADRS based on a park I might be able to hop to. Any sit down I must eat at, I will make sure it's on a park reservation day.
So any days I think we might want to hop (for example, we won't spend a full day at DHS, never do) we won't make a dinner reservation anywhere and see where we end up.

We will play it by ear with hopping and eat at what's open! Might be more fun that way. :)
That's the kind of Disney vacation I can get behind. Less planning the better. My vacation planning consists of booking my flight and my hotel.

Personally, unless we know more information as times goes on, I won't be making any ADRS based on a park I might be able to hop to. Any sit down I must eat at, I will make sure it's on a park reservation day.
So any days I think we might want to hop (for example, we won't spend a full day at DHS, never do) we won't make a dinner reservation anywhere and see where we end up.

We will play it by ear with hopping and eat at what's open! Might be more fun that way. :)

Definitely more fun for me. I don't like having ADRs. I prefer to have only 1 or 2 "must dos" and get the rest on the fly.

They should build an outside kitchen somewhere in the park and do "pop-ups" of all the places that are currently closed.

Casey's Corner for a day!
Harbour House for a day!

:D
I don’t know where or how, but this is the most brilliant thing I’ve read today.
They could maybe even pull it off in Tortuga Tavern, but I’m not sure of the kitchen requirements.

The only downside to hopping returning in Jan is that you still have to work it within those limited hours.

Sure, but park hopping being back with limited hours for 1, maybe 2 months is better than not having park hopping at all. And given that they’re already 77% booked for January (still don’t know if that is the 35% parks capacity, or hotels), there’s a decent chance they extend those hours if that booking number doesn’t lower. Wouldn’t be the first time in the last few months they released park hours and then extended them. At first park hopping will likely be geared towards APs more than regular ticketed park guests, but as we get further from January it’ll become more beneficial for those regular day guests.

Sure, but park hopping being back with limited hours for 1, maybe 2 months is better than not having park hopping at all. And given that they’re already 77% booked for January (still don’t know if that is the 35% parks capacity, or hotels), there’s a decent chance they extend those hours if that booking number doesn’t lower. Wouldn’t be the first time in the last few months they released park hours and then extended them. At first park hopping will likely be geared towards APs more than regular ticketed park guests, but as we get further from January it’ll become more beneficial for those regular day guests.
Can’t be the hotels. Most DVC properties still have tons of availability for most of January. We’re going to be booking some short 1 or 2 nighters during January and places like CCV and BWV still have 1 bedrooms and even studios available for a good portion of the month.

The Dis just posted a pic from Main Street on Instagram and all I can say is yikes! That looks like a crowd!! Not horrible but far more than I am used to now.

If that’s 35%... how much worse is it than that in normal years?! (A weekday in the lull between fall break and Thanksgiving.)

The Dis just posted a pic from Main Street on Instagram and all I can say is yikes! That looks like a crowd!! Not horrible but far more than I am used to now.

If that’s 35%... how much worse is it than that in normal years?! (A weekday in the lull between fall break and Thanksgiving.)
I don’t think that’s a fair representation. That photo is upon entry in the morning it seems which that’s normal. Once in and people disperse crowds don’t look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter