Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad the complex won’t sit vacant, but this signals to me that Disney doesn’t expect to restart the CP for a very long time. That makes me sad.
I can’t imagine CP will be viable until all CP participants are vaccinated (which is at a minimum 1 year from now as long as they are from “developed” countries imho, longer for others). Whether Disney even needs CP employees a year from now is a whole other can of worms.

So is Gideons actually good or is this something like Sprinkles where people say it is good but it really isn't anything special?

I think they’re really really good. Gideon’s used to deliver fresh sea salt chocolate chip cookies to Polite Pig twice a day. We snagged one once and it was really good!

Sprinkles cupcakes is just like any old cupcake, IMO.

The newly built Flamingo Crossing apartment complex that was meant for the College Program is now leasing to other cast members and Disney Operating Participants - presumably they are trying to make some money while the CP is still not happening. If you go to their website you’ll see that they are run by a company that specifically runs student based housing.

I haven't driven over there in months, but wonder if they have built the eateries there. Last I heard, they were planning on more quick service and economical dining.

Anyone else think it’s odd you can’t book this til or the other ticket/package offer til 1/5? I’m wondering if they’re going to raise ticket prices first.
No I think it’s just 1/3 and 1/4 are big check out dates for the holiday season, so start this offer after that.

These Universal capacity hits are getting earlier and earlier in the day (a full 40 minutes earlier than yesterday), I suspect the days just after Christmas it might approach the point where the park is officially open for 0-30 minutes before it reaches capacity. Just fair warning to anyone attempting to go, get there EARLY!

Last edited:
No I get why the offers start then. But seems off it can’t be booked now for then.
Oh I didn’t read it that way. The article says members are now eligible to book that, so I assume they can book it. I wouldn’t know as we have APs so even if I went to book a DVC trip right now I wouldn’t even be able to try it.

Oh I didn’t read it that way. The article says members are now eligible to book that, so I assume they can book it. I wouldn’t know as we have APs so even if I went to book a DVC trip right now I wouldn’t even be able to try it.
I don’t know about the DVC offer, but the package offer says check back 1/5 to start booking.

Any thoughts as to why Universal seems to be consistently hitting capacity everyday this week and Disney is not?

Disney has more parks?

Universal seems less strict? (even though they aren't, but their policies aren't focused on as much)

Disney has less offerings in park?

Universal is attracting the locals?

Any thoughts as to why Universal seems to be consistently hitting capacity everyday this week and Disney is not?

Disney has more parks?

Universal seems less strict? (even though they aren't, but their policies aren't focused on as much)

Tbh my guess is that Uni has less overall capacity than Disney. WDW has 4 parks to spread people out in.

Disney has more parks?

I've wondered the same thing. My guess is locals but it's just a guess based on nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter