Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
below is the story from wdwinfo.

to some of the points you raise, it specifically says you have to physically go to the park that you make you reservation for and it also says that hoping to a park is subject to that parks capacity limitations

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/modified-park-hopping-returns-to-disney-world-in-january/

The new option will require guests to make a Park Pass Reservations for their first park of the day then physically go to that park.
At 2 p.m. they can head to any other Disney theme park for the rest of the day until that park closes without needing a second reservation.
It's important to note that capacity limits are still in place and could change at any time.

View attachment 546441

So what happens if you are at AK, have a park hop to EPCOT. Get to Epoct and they have reached capacity? And all the other parks are at capacity?

I could be wrong but I’m not thinking parks are going to reach capacity for hopping very often. Anyone who hops to a new park leaves a vacancy at the old park.

I think most will hop to Epcot but as @mattpeto said, it also has the greatest capacity to accept new guests.

I’m confident Disney thought this through and looked at the numbers prior to reintroducing park hopping. Looking at the availability calendar for resort guests (those who I feel are most likely to take advantage of hopping), it’s green across the board from Jan 4 forward every single day for as far as I can see. I don’t see parks reaching capacity so being locked out except for possibly very rare occasions.

I could be wrong but I’m not thinking parks are going to reach capacity for hopping very often. Anyone who hops to a new park leaves a vacancy at the old park.

I think most will hop to Epcot but as @mattpeto said, it also has the greatest capacity to accept new guests.

I’m confident Disney thought this through and looked at the numbers prior to reintroducing park hopping. Looking at the availability calendar for resort guests (those who I feel are most likely to take advantage of hopping), it’s green across the board from Jan 4 forward every single day for as far as I can see. I don’t see parks reaching capacity so being locked out except for possibly very rare occasions.
But not a true vacancy as you still have a reservation for that park for the entire day and can always go back.

But this isn’t Christmas week anymore. We are now entering a very slow season at Disney. Capacity issues won’t be an issue until at least Easter time. If anything it’s going to be HS hitting capacity in the mornings on a few random weekends, but that’s it. And by the 2pm time parks aren’t at capacity anymore anyway.

I take it that you would not be able to enter EPCOT. I would think since your park reservation is for AK you could still return to AK but it isn't clear

While the scenario is unlikely, it's the reason that I think WDW won't be monitoring capacity later in the day as closely. No one would know if a park hits 36%. But like I said it's unlikely to be an issue most of January or February. And later in the day there's always folks leaving parks.

ETA: It occurs to me that the smoking areas in most parks are outside and you have to rescan your magic band to get back in. Also, no one scans their magic bands to leave.

Last edited:
You got me excited because I thought it was something more, but that’s the ad they played during the Christmas special on Friday. Just the artist rendering of the Cinderella statue and main hall.

Well for those forum members that didn't watch the Christmas special <raises own hand>, this might be the first time seeing this modeling.

I was hoping we would see some sort of Aquaduck or variation of it on the top deck but unless I’m missing it, not seeing anything there.

Has anyone picked up if there will be any sort of special water feature on the upper decks?

Well for those forum members that didn't watch the Christmas special <raises own hand>, this might be the first time seeing this modeling.
It was shared. Maybe not in this thread though as this is not a news catch all thread. (Friendly reminder)

Rumor elsewhere says that Epcot Forever didn't run "nearly long enough" and is better choice for a social distancing show and Harmonious won't premiere until 2022.

Martin also commented that the barges were/are being moved because space is tight backstage.

Call me skeptical on Harm 2022, but some of that makes sense if I'm being honest.

Rumor elsewhere says that Epcot Forever didn't run "nearly long enough" and is better choice for a social distancing show and Harmonious won't premiere until 2022.

Martin also commented that the barges were/are being moved because space is tight backstage.

Call me skeptical on Harm 2022, but some of that makes sense if I'm being honest.
I was just "over there" reading all that too.

I also saw a post stating Space 220 will be "open by summer". 🙄
I've been watching for this to open thru so many trips, canceled or completed. I've, well, I wish I could say I've stopped watching, but I am still watching...
I figure it'll for sure be open by the 50th 🤷‍♀️

also probably saves them $ :)

would also push it to to the 40th birthday year for EPCOT

I've been watching for this to open thru so many trips, canceled or completed. I've, well, I wish I could say I've stopped watching, but I am still watching...

I'm not even getting my hopes up to have Thanksgiving dinner there. :sad2: :rotfl2:

crazy to look back and I was hopeful it might open in time for my trip this past February

I haven't been in this thread in a long time, so I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but when I was in AK on Christmas Eve they filled every seat/ride vehicle on Flight Of Passage. Not a single seat was left empty between parties.

That’s way too close for comfort. Some of my trip for Jan is not refundable, but if it was I’d seriously consider pulling the plug.

It was sort of always the rumor Epcot Forever would be back before Harmonious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter