Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone recently received an email from Disney asking you to confirm your upcoming reservation? I know that was going on through 2020 but haven’t seen anything about it this year.

Has anyone recently received an email from Disney asking you to confirm your upcoming reservation? I know that was going on through 2020 but haven’t seen anything about it this year.
No we haven’t received one in a while. We have gone a few times since they opened and it was only sent to us early on for our July- September trips. We are going this weekend and have only received the know before you go COVID rules page email. I’m a DVC member staying on points so that may make a difference.

Thanks, but this doesn’t answer the question of whether magic bands constantly broadcast or not. How Disney sets up their receivers is a separate issue.

Not sure if this helps or not. We were family of the day a few years back. We needed to rearrange some past passes for the parade and were on the phone with our cast member who was helping us with everything ( where to meet, fast passes, etc.) and were speed walking to be our guest. He made a comment along the lines of, looks like you are going to make your reservation. We were close to restaurant but not there yet or doing face time. It has always made me think that the only way to know where we were was to have some sort of tracking ability. Thoughts? So curious about this side of operations!

No we haven’t received one in a while. We have gone a few times since they opened and it was only sent to us early on for our July- September trips. We are going this weekend and have only received the know before you go COVID rules page email. I’m a DVC member staying on points so that may make a difference.
Same here, the only one we got was for our August trip.
We are not DVC members, we've been doing room-only reservations and received just the know before you go COVID.

I wonder if it has to do with how far you've booked out? Our November one was a rescheduled May trip which got changed at least once for resorts not opening so they knew we still planned to come, and the Jan trip was somewhat impulsive, maybe 45-60 days out.

I'm sure there's no news on this yet, but if anyone hears about Disney's Performing Arts department opening back up for group reservations please post here. My daughters dance team is trying to go back again to dance at Disney in January and I'm in charge of reservations this time. I'm really hoping they actually open this year.

I got an email regarding my upcoming stay at 59 days out. It did not ask me to confirm we were still coming but had links for dining reservations, to covid policies and to online checkin. We are arriving in March.

Looks like Rise didn’t open with the park, we have BG 73 and early dinner reservations at Le Cellier at 3:45, might be skipping Le Cel.

Nice so if we go eat and come back we should be good. It’s showing our return time in almost 6 hours now.

Absolutely! I myself have never tried it but I have seen many, many people on the boards and FB have no issues with it. Less than two weeks ago we had some serious car trouble and we arrived an hour after our boarding group expired, went to Guest Services, and they fixed it for us no trouble, even without proof. It would be silly if they wouldn't take a receipt, they want your money! :)

I have three trips on the books for this year (including one coming up this weekend, and one in exactly a month), have already gone 3 times in 2020, and haven't gotten an email since my August 2020 solo trip. I have gotten a survey asking me how likely I will be to keep my May trip, but that was it, not an actual "confirm you're still coming" like the other one I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter