Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just me but I dont know if I would be cancelling trips at this time based on the high level overview guidelines provided and some speculation.

I mean, it's literally day one. We only know open dates. They said more would be coming. 🤷‍♀️

Its all about safety. Not money. Safety of not only guests but cms as well. Honoring their responsibility to keep their cms safe and abide by agreed to union terms. You can say its money. I'm telling you its not. If disney just wanted money I assure you orange county and the state wouldn't blink if they just did whatever they wanted and made all the money they could. Trust me this plan costs them more money than you realize.
I think pp means if it’s not safe to open without so many cuts, then maybe they shouldn’t open unless it’s about $$.

Thanks! They actually were not a third party ticket. They were purchased directly from the Mouse.

Sam's Club is still selling tickets. The problem with that is, it would be a dated ticket. You can buy a non-dated ticket, but it's a fair amount higher. So, if we get the dated ticket....then we find out that park hopping will be allowed, and we could have just used the original tickets.....it's hard to figure out what to do.
Sorry, I thought you mentioned a few pages back that they were third party tickets. If they are Disney purchased tickets, I have a feeling that they will work with you to credit the PH if they aren’t allowing hopping. Definitely ask about it. But make sure you do it before you use them. Sometimes using them really reduces your options.

Yep. And that sucks. I feel for people but noone could've planned for this mess and disney is trying to do things right. I could see them doing something for those people under the circumstances.

I really hope you’re right. I have July 18 room only reservations. We all have AP. My problem will be that 2 in my group, my son and his girlfriend, both have FL resident silver AP. You can only upgrade to gold in person. Disney gave me some sort of placeholder In MDE that allowed me to book FastPasses. But, if I can’t upgrade their pass until we’re at the parks, I’m sure there won’t be availability to get their park reservations at that point. I hope it works out for us. Poor Disney, I really don’t envy them having to take into account everyone’s special situations, we all seem to have one.

Trust me. Dvc members and the majority of passholders act with a sense of entitlement. You obviously are one that doesn't. That puts you in the minority and cms can tell you when they deal with a dvc or ap person. Because they like to tell them. And yes both of those groups are very much disliked by cms
I guess I might have seen this a couple times, but we're not all like that. The only time I tell someone I'm DVC is when I use my discount. Or if I want to got to the Top of the World. I just wanna have fun, and save a little bit of money if I can

Possibly the most exciting part of everything you’ve shared, the idea that Disney is actually going to enforce their own rules. Here’s hoping!

That's a lost cause. Already there are people on other forums and social media talking about how to skirt the rules. I won't go into it depth here, but if you thought the mask debate is ugly here, you should see some of those places. Masks are becoming a nuclear issue.

It's why I've maintained the opinion that if they have to force masks on everyone, then they need to stay closed.

Its all about safety. Not money. Safety of not only guests but cms as well. Honoring their responsibility to keep their cms safe and abide by agreed to union terms. You can say its money. I'm telling you its not. If disney just wanted money I assure you orange county and the state wouldn't blink if they just did whatever they wanted and made all the money they could. Trust me this plan costs them more money than you realize.
Lol...oh please...it is not solely or even primarily only about safety...it's a out money and "enough money/reward." You can say that it's not; but it is (after all it is a business.) Reduced hrs. is the OPPOSITE of what would help with social distancing. Not opening all parks and water parks is the OPPOSITE of what would help with social distancing.

Look around, all other water parks are opening; let me guess those parks don't care a out safety right? Give me a break at the end of the day it's about money while obviously taking reasonable precautions to not get bad PR regarding safety etc. Disney has decided they need more bang for their buck than other places...to make it worth it for them. This stinks A LOT for a customer, but is smart business sense...at least short term.

I think people won't "ignore" the mask rule as much as .. lose it, drop it, get it wet, take it off because they are about to pass out, take it off because they are drinking and eating and forget to put it back on, let it drop off their nose and just not put it back on, etc.

With a limited capacity, mask and social distancing will be easy to enforce .. start to increase capacity and it will be near impossible.

Restricted or not, masks or not, there will be a lot of people, from all over, in one place and the virus could spread. There is no stopping it really. Just know people aren't going to follow the rules, and take that risk assessment yourself on whether to go to WDW or not. Then do what you can for YOURSELF to feel and be safe there and let's not worry what everyone else will do or not do.

Or be prepared to be shamed on Twitter. I’m already seeing angry Twitter posts of people not wearing masks at Disney Springs.

I’m waiting for the next Universal gate in Orlando, and I can skip this Halloween at DLR and go next year.

That's a lost cause. Already there are people on other forums and social media talking about how to skirt the rules. I won't go into it depth here, but if you thought the mask debate is ugly here, you should see some of those places. Masks are becoming a nuclear issue.

It's why I've maintained the opinion that if they have to force masks on everyone, then they need to stay closed.

It’s becoming political like everything else. I’ve seen a lot of memes reinforcing this mindset. I’m waiting for it to be a banned topic here.

Masks are only an issue due to the selfishness of a lot of people. And those people who break rules on masks and social distancing in places where they are required should be removed from those places so they have no opportunity to be selfish. Then those people will be the example and those who follow rules can enjoy their experiences.

Lol...oh please...it is not solely or even primarily only about safety...it's a out money and "enough money/reward." You can say that it's not; but it is (after all it is a business.) Reduced hrs. is the OPPOSITE of what would help with social distancing. Not opening all parks and water parks is the OPPOSITE of what would help with social distancing.

Look around, all other water parks are opening; let me guess those parks don't care a out safety right? Give me a break at the end of the day it's about money while obviously taking reasonable precautions to not get bad PR regarding safety etc. Disney has decided they need more bang for their buck than other places...to make it worth it for them. This stinks A LOT for a customer, but is smart business sense...at least short term.
As I said. I know what I know and you appear angry that you aren't getting the same experience from prior to this public safety issue. Again. Entitlement rears its head.

Or be prepared to be shamed on Twitter. I’m already seeing angry Twitter posts of people not wearing masks at Disney Springs.

I’m waiting for the next Universal gate in Orlando, and I can skip this Halloween at DLR and go next year.
Obey rules and you won't be shamed. Too bad. Sometimes people have to be called out and ostracized for outing others in danger and not following rules. Its the same at universal. No different at all

I'll say it this way. Josh is a huge cm guy and he is in charge. This is about getting cms back to work priority number one. And making it a safe place for them to work.
It's important to buy in and believe in what you do, so that's good for you. I'm not saying Disney doesn't care about ppls safety, however money is a huge factor in what they do every day and this is no different. I will say that I'm saddened and somewhat surprised by the many things being reported that they're doing to "cheap out" so to speak. This whole pandemic is costing everyone tons of money...it's costing all businesses tons of money, Disney included, but I would expect more from one of the most successful companies.

I will also add that they've had months to figure this stuff out and other parks that have already reopened, so again they should already be ahead of the game, but instead seem to be behind in all aspects, communication, opening, the things their willing to cut/reduce etc.

Like I said we're big WDW fans usually, but this mess has really been one big disappointment after another and I think it just adds salt to the wound when I see other companies handling it much better and attempting to do/give more to their guests.

I really think the extra month proves that they are trying to do the right thing both from a safety and a customer service standpoint. I’m willing to bet that, by the time they open, the new guidelines will be so well integrated that it will look like they’ve always been there. They are willing to take the time and the money to do this right.

Masks are only an issue due to the selfishness of a lot of people. And those people who break rules on masks and social distancing in places where they are required should be removed from those places so they have no opportunity to be selfish. Then those people will be the example and those who follow rules can enjoy their experiences.

Yep. My husband and I tried to go get ice cream today (not in Florida) and ended up just turning the car around and leaving when we saw that not only was there a huge line, but not ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER was wearing a mask. I'm sure some of them might have extenuating circumstances, but all of them?? No way. Just the sight of it made me so angry.

I’ll bet Disney has someone reading those posts so that they will know what to look for to catch rule breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter