• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works at Disneyland because the number of fast pass rides is lower and the clientele are mostly locals. There aren’t a ton of people jumping in to the parks first thing in the morning to grab fast passes. Even with that, I’ve run in to problems multiple times where it’s difficult to get fast passes for the popular rides because someone else grabs the time I’m going for on one of the popular attractions

Disney World has a mostly non-local clientele. More people going to Disney World would buy maxpass which would overwhelm the system. Unless you rope dropped a park, it would be nearly impossible to grab the top tier rides. Disney IT is already shaky and I don’t think they’d be up for this task. It would end up like ROTR boarding groups but it would happen at every park every day. It sounds like a nightmare to me.
I'm not sure why it would be overwhelmed. Isn't it really, at the end of the day, just a virtual queue where you can only use one at a time? Plenty of people would not want to wait long periods for rides so they would pick rides with shorter return times. I was around back in the paper FP days and it worked much, much better back then. It was not all that long ago. Tweaks could be made to remedy some of the issues (the ability to hoard FPs) but really FPP is an awful system designed to make money not for optimizing guest enjoyment.

I'm not sure why it would be overwhelmed. Isn't it really, at the end of the day, just a virtual queue where you can only use one at a time? Plenty of people would not want to wait long periods for rides so they would pick rides with shorter return times. I was around back in the paper FP days and it worked much, much better back then. It was not all that long ago. Tweaks could be made to remedy some of the issues (the ability to hoard FPs) but really FPP is an awful system designed to make money not for optimizing guest enjoyment.
How is FPP designed to make money? It’s free!

No ap - 10-day w hopper - (no package)

Then you would also get to book for the length of your resort stay/ticket, according to Remy. Supposedly bookings will open up 30 days out, on a rolling basis.

@Violetspider was asking about AP's since they can't logically book for the length of their ticket, given that their ticket is good for 365 days, lol. But if they have a longer-than-3-day resort reservation, and could only book for 3 days, that didn't make sense.

Have special event tickets been discussed? Are they not doing parties this year - officially - ?

I don't think it fits the mold of how things are getting laid out now - no parades, no fireworks, already reduced capacities so really - what are you paying for aside from late entrance to a park?

But I wasn't sure if it was "offically" official.

No, you can get a new FP every 60 minutes regardless of return time, or as soon as you swipe into a ride. There is a 30 minute minimum wait time though. The Max Pass system at DLR allows for "stacking." It's a bit more complicated then I can describe here, but that's the gist of it.

I am a little confused right now about one thing. If you bought a dining plan outside of a package, like as part of a DVC stay, is it being canceled?

While Disney ballooned reaching their hands in every single thing they could Universal kept things pretty simple and now Universal gets the jump on Disney all because of K.I.S.S. and Disney is pretty much having to overhaul every aspect of their internal structure. What a nightmare for the higher ups at Disney, honestly.

Have special event tickets been discussed? Are they not doing parties this year - officially - ?

I don't think it fits the mold of how things are getting laid out now - no parades, no fireworks, already reduced capacities so really - what are you paying for aside from late entrance to a park?

But I wasn't sure if it was "offically" official.

I think this blurb from the DPB post tonight is the most official info we have re: special events so far. I may be wrong - all the official/unofficial stuff blends together after a while. :rotfl: Special events would fall under "other experiences", I think.

"In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed."

Just to confirm - if you have a package booked with dining, your reservation will stay but you will be refunded the cost of the dining plan?

FP+ helps (helped? Omg 😳) staff accordingly to crowd levels and also encourages people to lock in Disney days before they hit Orlando (with ticket purchases and plans) to minimize wandering to those *other* places. It was the buy in way back to get people on board with MDE and bands and whatnot. Also like people pointed out it acts (acted 😳) as a perk for onsite reservations.

An indirect money maker.

Just my last wild guess for tonight but I don't think the good neighbor hotels will be a thing anymore...at least for a some time.
Agree, and it was crazy that they even were a thing at all. Disney has tons of resorts I don't know why they needed to be getting the same perks anyway. I guess it was a way Disney could take a commission off of those hotels and reach higher capacities at their parks? Greed, is really how this is unraveling to expose Disney. :(

No, you can get a new FP every 60 minutes regardless of return time, or as soon as you swipe into a ride. There is a 30 minute minimum wait time though. The Max Pass system at DLR allows for "stacking." It's a bit more complicated then I can describe here, but that's the gist of it.
Ah then no stacking. Problem solved! I absolutely love the Tapu Tapu virtual line system at Volcano Bay. It feels infinitely fair. I think Disney could implement this but without needing to go to the ride to tap in.

Then you would also get to book for the length of your resort stay/ticket, according to Remy. Supposedly bookings will open up 30 days out, on a rolling basis.

@Violetspider was asking about AP's since they can't logically book for the length of their ticket, given that their ticket is good for 365 days, lol. But if they have a longer-than-3-day resort reservation, and could only book for 3 days, that didn't make sense.
Yeah, my brain almost exploded when I read the OP. Thank you for the explanation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter