Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your cousin by chance give any indication of when they might make that info public? That will hopefully give us a good idea of when WDW might make their info public -- would really help with planning for my upcoming late June/early July trip to know sooner rather than later. For me, it's the not knowing that makes it so stressful.
After Friday she said the plan is in the works to submit to the mayor.

I wear a mask when I am out. I see myself wearing a mask on my next WDW trip at the end of September required or not. That said some of the people freaking out about people not wearing masks should probably just stay home. You are most likely going to have a miserable time as you are stressed anytime you see someone with no mask or improperly wearing their mask. That is no way to vacation. Same is true about the people that are completely anti mask. You are likely to have a miserable time too. Both groups combined will probably make the people who understand we live in an imperfect world miserable.

Not allowing hopping makes it easier to spread people around because you know what park they will be at. Cap reservations per park and not allowing hopping lets them know exactly how many people could be in a given park on a given day.

Will they do it? we'll see but I think it's likely.
I've been wondering about this as it would be easier to plan and track capacity. Would they really be able/want to refund everyone who bought hoppers though (or some other compensation?)
Maybe they might build something into the app that pops up noting capacity is reached for a certain park or getting close to it, don't they do that around the holidays? (For some reason I thought I got a notifier once?) This way people can shift to a different park rather than arrive and find out they can't go in.

Hopefully, this week Disney will release more news on its plans.

You're telling people that if they want to wear a mask and if the store doesn't require it, then the mask wearing individual should stay home? Good logic!

So, if the policy is if it's not required, that the non-wearing mask people get to make the rules. Got it!

It’s not saying who gets the make the rules. It’s saying “if the rule is x and you don’t like it, stay home.”

If Disney requires masks (which they are) and you don’t want to wear one, you have to stay home. If Disney had decided they would NOT allow masks, and you didn’t like that, then you should stay home, though you certainly don’t have to. The mask wearer actually has an extra option the non-mask wearer does not.

Personally, I think that it’s probably better for anyone to stay home if they don’t feel comfortable with the requirements, or lack of them, when the parks open. And when those requirements are adjusted later, as they probably will be, we all need to reassess our own comfort levels again and choose whether to go or not. If something about the visit is going to make a person uncomfortable, either physically or emotionally, they aren’t really going to enjoy their trip very much.

I am hoping to get over to DS after the Disney owned stores start opening. Although I am not working on the 20th, I want to see how it goes first, plus, I prefer to shop in the Disney owned stores more than the third party ones. I have masks and will check my temperature before I go. I am craving a Blaze Pizza though :cloud9:

[QUOTE="Leigh L, post: 61896215, member: . Would they really be able/want to refund everyone who bought hoppers though (or some other compensation?)

[/QUOTE]

They've been refunding thousands of people ever since March.

Haven’t seen this on here yet though could have missed it in the mask debate.

Texas travel alliance which is seaworld, zoo. And the two six flags parts have sent their reopening proposal to the governer.

if you want to read their proposal you can find it here. Might give insight into what we might see at wdw. And yes the m word is in their proposal. Nothing real earth shattering

https://www.scribd.com/document/461...e-Industry-Press-Release-and-Re-Open-Plan-003

Haven’t seen this on here yet though could have missed it in the mask debate.

Texas travel alliance which is seaworld, zoo. And the two six flags parts have sent their reopening proposal to the governer.

if you want to read their proposal you can find it here. Might give insight into what we might see at wdw. And yes the m word is in their proposal. Nothing real earth shattering

https://www.scribd.com/document/461...e-Industry-Press-Release-and-Re-Open-Plan-003
Just the idea of amusement parks sending reopening proposals is exciting to me, even if it's not Disney's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter