Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the big groups of people who want mandatory masks forever? I think at the very most I’ve seen people say they want mask wearing *normalized* if you are feeling under the weather (which I happen to agree with), but that is not the same thing nor is it a wish to personally wear them forever all the time.
I'd go so far as suggesting they might be a good idea every year during flu season. Not mandatory, but highly encouraged perhaps.

I also think it would be beneficial for us to all to continue to be used to wearing them so that next major outbreak of bird/swine flu etc there won't be so much resistance to wearing them.

I'd go so far as suggesting they might be a good idea every year during flu season. Not mandatory, but highly encouraged perhaps.

I also think it would be beneficial for us to all to continue to be used to wearing them so that next major outbreak of bird/swine flu etc there won't be so much resistance to wearing them.

I want to be careful with my words here...

We are in a pandemic. Masks are mandatory right now and for good reason...

But when the pandemic is over, I certainly respect the flu and common cold but I'll take my chances against those without wearing a mask. I know other cultures especially in Asia are more used to the masks but American's aren't. I won't be looking for vacation destinations where I have to wear masks when we are past this thing...

That being said, I would recommend that each person does what they feel comfortable with.

But when the pandemic is over, I certainly respect the flu and common cold but I'll take my chances against those without wearing a mask. I know other cultures especially in Asia are more used to the masks but American's aren't. I won't be looking for vacation destinations where I have to wear masks when we are past this thing...

That being said, I would recommend that each person does what they feel comfortable with.
The big difference between the flu and COVID-19 is COVID-19 has such a large percentage of asymptomatic carriers. That is why it is important with COVID-19 prevention while not really effective with preventing flu transmission. You want to make a difference in future flu seasons, you want to see a carry over of the hygiene practices because surface transmission is a much bigger problem with the flu than COVID-19.

I agree that even strongly encouraging all people to wear a mask in "normal" glue season seems a bit much

That said I would welcome normalizing wearing masks for those that want to (if a little under the weather, if it is allergy season, etc) like in many Asian cultures

Thanks for bringing me down from the ledge.

True .. all my assumptions without being there. And my assumptions are on crowd levels I am USED to.

I see your point since walkways aren't as busy .. my guess it will be easier to SPOT the lines like you point out AND easier/faster to walk to the end of the line. I am imagining normal crowds .. (thus congested, slow moving walkways). Already just knowing that lines are snaking out this far will make it easier to accept and easier to look for said lines.

I just like efficiency and not wasting time walking around to places don't need to go .. especially with kids in tow. Walk to a front of a ride and then have to walk another half mile or so to get to the end of a line with little kids with little legs is a lot different than doing it by myself.

I went in September and it is a bit of a hassle to find the end of the lines sometimes. Nothing to ruin your day over but it is a bit frustrating and sometimes you have to walk a distance to get to the end of the line. So it is a valid concern and frustration.

At least you know that it may be an issue so you can try to plan ahead or at least try not to let it bother you. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter