Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there in July, and again in November, and we absolutely noticed an increase in the amount of Spanish we heard spoken around us when we were there last month. Enough so that we commented to each other that there must be a lot more travelers coming from central and south America now.

We were surprised too last weekend at the amount. We also noticed outgoing flights to Puerto Rico when we were at MCO flying Spirit.

As for the parks hitting capacity, I believe some did Thanksgiving week too. While it was crowded, I have seen it worse during normal times but my DH did comment that he felt there was no way it was capped at 35%, until we got to talking how there are no shows, character meets, etc. to eat people up out of the walkways. We missed some of the shows, especially Monsters in MK.

I thought our trip went good and we had a nice time (except the concerns of some eating in line I posted about earlier) but I recently found out my DS was talking with my Mom telling her about the trip, and he told her he was having fun but it wasn't the same and he really missed the character meets and wished things were back to normal, that it was just too different. That really surprised me to hear he felt that way.

Would Pop Warner be the issue? I know they are not staying on property but wasn't sure if this could be the reason for the crowds.

Attachments

• EobONRfXcAAGyen.jpeg
    EobONRfXcAAGyen.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 44
We were surprised too last weekend at the amount. We also noticed outgoing flights to Puerto Rico when we were at MCO flying Spirit.

As for the parks hitting capacity, I believe some did Thanksgiving week too. While it was crowded, I have seen it worse during normal times but my DH did comment that he felt there was no way it was capped at 35%, until we got to talking how there are no shows, character meets, etc. to eat people up out of the walkways. We missed some of the shows, especially Monsters in MK.

I thought our trip went good and we had a nice time (except the concerns of some eating in line I posted about earlier) but I recently found out my DS was talking with my Mom telling her about the trip, and he told her he was having fun but it wasn't the same and he really missed the character meets and wished things were back to normal, that it was just too different. That really surprised me to hear he felt that way.
Well, Puerto Rico isn’t another country and never had any travel restrictions into the continental US.

Universal is most likely full because the Orlando Informer meet up is this weekend (and next). Probably why they won't open back up.

DS is insanely crowded today, and the garages are still open. I know it's a weekend but it feels like a holiday weekend, here's the line of people leaving
Yep. We went to Disney Springs around 4pm, got part way through it, and then abandoned ship and left. It is ridiculously crowded right now. We went and got take out Chevys instead and are going back to our Resort with it.

the only south american country that believe is banned right now is Brazil, I have heard lots of portuguese at the parks recently though, along with a lot of people from Colombia and Venezuela. Federico from SiDisney recently came over, he's from Colombia
We definitely heard different S American accents over Thanksgiving week. I only heard one group speaking Brasilian Portuguese though.

DS is insanely crowded today, and the garages are still open. I know it's a weekend but it feels like a holiday weekend, here's the line of people leaving
Were the parks as bad as DS today?

Yes! I don’t think they even have cavalcade running at EPCOT today. We stayed in World Showcase all day and never saw a single character. Very frustrated by the “social distancing” in the American Gardens theatre. So many seats and so few people able to sit!

For those that care, we went to Springs for lunch at 2. Went back to riv and watched my tinker play at the splash area. Went on her first skyliner ride over to Beaches and cream for ice cream. Just got back. Masks on and social distanced well all day, including springs. Wasnt there at night though. Ate outside at both places. Own elevators and the elevators here are fast and keep up pretty well. Great start to the trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter