Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never used park hopping before, but plan to on my April trip. Are there busses at the parks that go to other parks (meaning, can I take a bus from AK to MK?) or do I have to go back to my hotel, then take a bus?

I hope this makes sense.

Yes, there are busses that go from park to park

If going Epcot-HS, I'd use the skyliner (or you could walk if it's a real nice day out, love the walk!)
Epcot-MK use the monorail
Anything to AK will be bus

If going Epcot-HS, I'd use the skyliner (or you could walk if it's a real nice day out, love the walk!)

Thank you for the advice! :)

I think the train has left the station on this. They are going to start pushing up to the limit of what they deem safe and unless something even more catastrophic happens (god forbid), I doubt they will turn back.

Luckily everyone has the choice to visit right now or not and there are plenty of vlogs out there showing the crowds. If people don't feel it's safe, they won't go. Which may solve the crowding problem all on it's own.
Right especially for the holidays... but I can’t help but feel for the many that booked trips because of their strict safety protocols only to learn those may not be as strict as they believed. Just because the train is on the track doesn’t make it right. Lots of places with a whole less money than WDW are shutting down all over the US because of the crazy surge.

We are only going on our trip next week because Florida’s positivity rates are low, most of our trip is nonrefundable, and my sister is desperate to go but I can very much understand concerns with overcrowding right now, and do feel uneasy myself.

Right especially for the holidays... but I can’t help but feel for the many that booked trips because of their strict safety protocols only to learn those may not be as strict as they believed. Just because the train is on the track doesn’t make it right. Lots of places with a whole less money than WDW are shutting down all over the US because of the crazy surge.

We are only going on our trip next week because Florida’s positivity rates are low, most of our trip is nonrefundable, and my sister is desperate to go but I can very much understand concerns with overcrowding right now, and do feel uneasy myself.

No point in debating what's right or wrong, it's just what is. :)

Completely why we went, and honestly paying for a deluxe studio rental was nice with all the time we spent in the room. When the parks got to be too crowded for us we just relaxed there. Do what you got to do!

Completely why we went, and honestly paying for a deluxe studio rental was nice with all the time we spent in the room. When the parks got to be too crowded for us we just relaxed there. Do what you got to do!

Agreed! I think that’s the reason we enjoyed staying in a 1 bedroom at OKW in particular; it was great to have so much room to get away from the crowds.

But, those 3 resorts don’t open all at once. One is March, one is May, and one is June. And AS Movies opening in March is actually a delay in its opening date. It was supposed to open in February and has now been pushed back a month.
Yup, plus as they have pushed back openings already those new dates should still only be considered provisional

I have never used park hopping before, but plan to on my April trip. Are there busses at the parks that go to other parks (meaning, can I take a bus from AK to MK?) or do I have to go back to my hotel, then take a bus?

I hope this makes sense.

Just a couple comments,

Friendship boat is another option from Epcot - DHS.

Epcot monorail is not currently running. If it stays closed you would want to take a bus from Epcot - MK.

Agreed! I think that’s the reason we enjoyed staying in a 1 bedroom at OKW in particular; it was great to have so much room to get away from the crowds.
We also booked a one bedroom to have a large space to relax since this trip will most likely be different than most. We also appreciate the chance to do laundry. We'd been on the fence about activating our APs but figured we'd feel more at ease about leaving a park if we feel uncomfortable knowing we weren't wasting a ticket.

I spent a few minutes off to the side, looking at the situation while I was there... parties seemed to leave anywhere from 1' to 10' between them in the hub. My first thought was, "Well, that's on them, if they want to roll the dice. I'll stay safely out of it, myself." But it was later followed by, "Except that these people who may infect each other standing in the hub will go on to share that infection with other Guests, CMs, local restaurant workers, airport workers/passengers, family & friends at home..." It's problematic from a larger view. Just a bad look for WDW, IMO.
It’s not even just that. In that scenario how do you know if someone comes and stands behind you less than 6ft away?

we’ve all experienced in pre covid world where you get a good spot for viewing and then people come stand in front of you, or just to the side in your personal space. People just don’t care when there are pretty lights and sparkly things to watch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter