Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about people flowing into FL because there's nowhere else warm to travel. I've gone to FL over and over this year, because, where else? Had five trips to Cali scheduled and those were all moved to FL. I've gone down so many times that it started feeling like home and I bought a house in Tampa this week.

It will be a Cavalcade of Champions. Not a parade. 😉

I was there last year and to be honest, that's all it really was. Mahomes on a float , a car with a make a wish family (I think) and maybe two floats with characters, a few dwarves walking. It was pretty short. Except it was at a scheduled time, where people waited around for hours. We had a spot by Peco Bills.

HS has had a rough day. Slinky didn’t open for 3 hours and Rock N Roller still hasn’t opened. Hope it’s not the same thing that happened in the beginning of the month but not good for 2 of your headliners to be down multiple hours.
And the Rise Que was open for at least 1 hour and 15 minutes. I tried joining at 2:15 and could have gotten a group if I was in the park!

I'm not sure if you have been on any of the Universal water rides but you get SOAKED. It is impossible to wear a mask as you wouldn't be able to breathe. It isn't safe. And I did go in September and you can only take your mask off once in your vehicle and must put it on before you get out of your vehicle. This is how water rides should be done but it isn't as big of a deal at Disney as the rides there you don't get soaked on right now. I had brought a zip lock bag to put our masks in so they wouldn't get wet...

And you can take your mask off for pictures at Universal. I did it and I have seen many pictures of others that have done it. It is usually for a very brief moment to take the pic and it is done while you are socially distancing outside. So I personally feel it is very safe.

Just a few thoughts. Sorry for the delay as I logged off early yesterday... :flower1:

Awesome! We’ve done Universal Hollywood many times but not Orlando. Thinking about adding it to our next trip especially as they seem to be offering more extras like character photos and entertainment... We’re huge Harry Potter nerds so that’s the big draw anyways. 🧙‍♀️

I didn’t realize they had that leniency until we were watching a vlogger there and when they took their mask off for one of the water rides we were like ‘huh?’ and that prompted me to read about it on their website.

So yeah, I’d say they can definitely get away with more bc I’m more hyper focused on the theme parks there than the average person and it was the first I knew about it!

I love the idea of getting a quick picture mask free but I respect that others might not be comfortable with that policy. Most of the folks we saw disobeying the mask policy at Disney though was for pictures so makes you wonder if there’s a middle ground.

And the Rise Que was open for at least 1 hour and 15 minutes. I tried joining at 2:15 and could have gotten a group if I was in the park!
WOW!!! I tried for the first time in a long while this afternoon and was surprised that I would have gotten through at least 5 times by 1:03. I stopped trying then but had no idea the option to get a BG was open that long!!!

Really?! It wasn’t some IT fluke saying it was open even though it wasn’t?

I would love if that insanity died down!

ETA- just saw yours and others posts on the BG thread. Crazy!

wonder if SB champ will do the day after MK parade this year?
I'd be shocked if there was one. But who know's
Theoretically they could. It’s typically just one of the cavalcade floats anyways.
ya true, i'm not sure if there is anything in the contracts/union whatever you wanna call it, that has someone interacting with employees like that (meaning a non disney employee being on a float with disney cms).
While, logistically, it’s possible, one has to wonder if they’re willing to spend the (rather substantial) money for the spot and promotion this year. I know Coke and Pepsi have decided to forgo their Super Bowl spots this year due to the economic situation. It would make sense for Disney to do the same, but at this point, it also wouldn’t surprise me to see them to go forward with it anyways.

I know the broadcast world is more than a little concerned that ad revenue from the Super Bowl will never be the same.

While, logistically, it’s possible, one has to wonder if they’re willing to spend the (rather substantial) money for the spot and promotion this year. I know Coke and Pepsi have decided to forgo their Super Bowl spots this year due to the economic situation. It would make sense for Disney to do the same, but at this point, it also wouldn’t surprise me to see them to go forward with it anyways.
Disney has been running ads for months now on traveling to WDW...

With many domestic diehard fans already booked for the days around 50th, my guess is that Disney is waiting until last minute to see if they can 100% park capacity by that time. If they can they will have all the resorts to open and fill, so they will promote/discount to get undecided people to book. If they can’t raise park capacity, they will defer 50th celebration until the day they can. As with various festivals, their aim is about boosting attendance and spend per person per day.

Despite the loss of int’l visitors, I believe WDW has greatly benefitted from domestic visitors cramming into Florida. WDW is the only warm fun place they can visit, aside from various beach towns, without requiring a quarantine or - covid test. Eventually when CA/HI and int’l destinations open up, the big spenders will travel elsewhere. Will int’l visitors return to counteract the loss, even though the US is widely perceived as uncontrolled covid hotspot? I see this as the next big challenge for WDW mgt.

I think the European markets will be hard to get back anytime soon (not sure that will be much of a loss to WDW?) for many reasons

- the loss of the 'perks' we got such as free dining etc will be massive, only the uk forums this was the one big reason that people could 'afford' to go so often. Not such a bit deal to us, we will make do with fast food/quick service for 10-14 days but for many it is

- the loss of things within the parks I see as much more of a big deal to an international audience who may make a trip once every 3/4 Years for 2 weeks. Without entertainment/fireworks/DME/EMH etc im sure many will think its just to much money for half the experience - especially those who have been pre Covid such as us. We are die hards and desperate to get back, but there is a big doubt in my mind whether I want to 'spoil' my memories with a lesser experience.

- I dont know about mainland Europe but in the UK doom and gloom is rife with no end in sight for us despite a good vac role out. Up to today we have done 4.5 million vacs out of a pop of 67 mill with 15 million by mid feb which is virtually all the top groups in terms of vulnerability. Yet the deliberate leaks to the press are that there will be no lockdown release till easter - no kids back at school till after easter, no personal services open, pubs not open till may, no indoor family time till after easter, no international travel at all, no local travel. hospitality closed since November for many, and jobs just disappearing. They've said that restrictions will come back in winter no matter the vaccination which may mean hospitality and indoor dining close again! I personally cant see any hope of us getting outside the UK before next year - either because we wont be allowed or no one will want us!! its incredibly depressing but the reality for a lot of Europe (Germany closed till easter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter