Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone shed any light on the lines and their wait experiences at Gideon's? We get there Sunday and getting cookies is high on our list. tia

I haven't gone yet, but I think when you get there you put your name in for the virtual queue - it can be 1 hour, 2 hours, once it was like 9 hours!

Then you get notified somehow - maybe a text? - that you can go join the physical line.

I think. :D

Somebody please give the back story for POR.

I didn't realize they were accepting any bookings there at all. But the reservations through October are being transferred to other Moderates?
The booking window was open prior to covid madness. So, POR and FQ both were bookable. Now there are reports of people being contacted if they have a POR reservation for October. No report yet of people from FQ being moved.

woohoo!!! Something to chew on....obviously not verified by Disney:

From a poster on wdwmagic (do I name their name? never sure how to do this) -

I am told we can expect Fantasmic!, Happily Ever After, and something blowy-uppy at Epcot by 10/1/21.

I‘ll take the win.

And there’s still hope for 2 out of 3 for summer.

Yay for postponing our trip until October!!! :D

And that isn't a Disney resort like PO, which includes 300+ acres with meticulous landscaping, dozens of separate buildings, several pools, transportation service, multiple restaurants, presumably miles of pathways and hundreds of trashcans, etc. I assume a Comfort Inn with a single building and 5 employees can do far better on 37% capacity than something with the expansive overhead of PO.
Absolutely: Breaking that 37.3% down:
Luxury 34.4%
Full-Service 39.0%
Extended Stay 39.2%
Select-Service 39.4%

woohoo!!! Something to chew on....obviously not verified by Disney:

From a poster on wdwmagic (do I name their name? never sure how to do this) -

I am told we can expect Fantasmic!, Happily Ever After, and something blowy-uppy at Epcot by 10/1/21.

I‘ll take the win.

And there’s still hope for 2 out of 3 for summer.

Yay for postponing our trip until October!!! :D

beep beep beep - more stuff - beep beep beep

This same poster (MansionButler84) also said that something along the lines of castle projections are being planned as a backup for summer if no fireworks. And that MK will NOT be closing at 6 pm this summer.
:D

Like 2021 or 2022?

I feel like this summer/fall still won't be as crowded as normal because even with vaccinations I think some may still be wary of traveling. That and the fact masks may still be required. So they are waiting for 2022.

I also think those going this summer/fall will be rewarded with more attractions opening, better hours and lower crowds due to capacity restrictions! (or I'm hoping ;) )

I feel like this summer/fall still won't be as crowded as normal because even with vaccinations I think some may still be wary of traveling. That and the fact masks may still be required. So they are waiting for 2022.

I also think those going this summer/fall will be rewarded with more attractions opening, better hours and lower crowds! (or I'm hoping ;) )

I love that take since I've got a 9 night stay in August!

I love that take since I've got a 9 night stay in August!

My thought process is this - with later hours due to nighttime shows being added (if it happens), FOTLK opening, crowds will spread out a bit, people still not traveling (especially international travelers) and if capacity restrictions are still in place for admittance, it won't feel as crowded.

I could be way off base, but you never know...

Can anyone shed any light on the lines and their wait experiences at Gideon's? We get there Sunday and getting cookies is high on our list. tia
We got there at about 2pm last Tuesday and it was about a 2 hour wait. So what you need to do is go there first and check in then do everything else and hopefully by the time you're done it will be your turn. It took about 15-20 minutes after we got in line before we actually got into the building (after we were called back). All cookies were still available excluding the special morning only cookie.

We got our bands in Aug. 2019 in preparation for our planned May 2020 trip. That trip has now been moved back a couple of times and is currently booked for May 2021, but we may end up pushing it back to December, so I'm starting to worry about the battery life for the long-range functions like ride photos.

We got our bands in Aug. 2019 in preparation for our planned May 2020 trip. That trip has now been moved back a couple of times and is currently booked for May 2021, but we may end up pushing it back to December, so I'm starting to worry about the battery life for the long-range functions like ride photos.

Can you still order through MDE? Or is the option gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter