Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The air temperature is fine, but it still gets cool at night, so the water doesn’t heat up enough for me. I’d feel like Jack from the Titanic movie if I went down a slide. I don’t even put a foot in my pool unless the water is 85+.

I‘d bet the Canadians would jump right in.

Haha, as I am one..... yes, we absolutely would LOL. We filled our pool last year with spring water, which was 60F. The kids were in the pool as soon as the man was done filling it, LOL. But we also go outside and play in the rain when it's barely above freezing. That said, not all Canadians are that like that. My mother in law would probably be more in agreement with you ;)

I took 4 the other day from Disney to Downtown Orlando and it was very busy.

I really think Disney is about to increase restaurant capacity. I got this feeling.

Agreed. Disney wants to make the customer happy.

They don't want people and tourists to come all the way down only to not be able to get into the parks or eat at the restaurants because of capacity. (because then those people will likely not come back for a very long time)

So it will probably be something like variable dynamic capacity increases to make sure everyone is happy.

I think they are reading way to much into the dining mask policy. I think the minute folks sat at the table they took their masks off and didn't put them on again until after the check. I really think this is just for folks to keep their masks on before they get any food / drinks and for them to put them back on after they are done with their meal / finished their drink. Lot of assumptions are being made based on the wording that I don't think are there. If WDW's intention was to clear up any confusion, mission failed.
I've been on 4 trips since reopening, dining at TS every single day of those trips, and every single time the host says "you can take off your masks at this point" or something similar as soon as you sit down. It's not like people were sitting down and ripping their masks off because they're like "yeah I'm not required here, I can take this off now and don't have to put it back on!!" When you sit down they tell you that you can take it off, and tell you to just remember to wear it when you get up and leave your table. We usually leave ours on until our drinks come (and sometimes I forget I have it on and stupidly shove a straw right in to my mask), so this isn't an issue for us, but this IS a change to how they have been doing it so that's why people are so dang confused especially if they've eaten at a WDW restaurant since reopening. I'll be there again in less than 2 weeks, I guess I'll see if I need to change how I'm doing it, but I generally do what they're asking anyway (and if they are gonna do the "you're done with your bread now put your mask back on even if you intend to keep drinking" then I'll probably stop doing so many TS because that's stupid)

I've been on 4 trips since reopening, dining at TS every single day of those trips, and every single time the host says "you can take off your masks at this point" or something similar as soon as you sit down. It's not like people were sitting down and ripping their masks off because they're like "yeah I'm not required here, I can take this off now and don't have to put it back on!!" When you sit down they tell you that you can take it off, and tell you to just remember to wear it when you get up and leave your table. We usually leave ours on until our drinks come (and sometimes I forget I have it on and stupidly shove a straw right in to my mask), so this isn't an issue for us, but this IS a change to how they have been doing it so that's why people are so dang confused especially if they've eaten at a WDW restaurant since reopening. I'll be there again in less than 2 weeks, I guess I'll see if I need to change how I'm doing it, but I generally do what they're asking anyway (and if they are gonna do the "you're done with your bread now put your mask back on even if you intend to keep drinking" then I'll probably stop doing so many TS because that's stupid)

I dunno last month I walked by the restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge and I observed from the lobby for about an hour and I didn't see a single person with their mask on in that area. This leads me to believe the entire place was taking their mask off as soon as they sat down at the table.

I do feel bad for cast members. It’s hard enough to enforce wearing masks while walking or on rides. Can you imagine trying to tell someone at an expensive restaurant to put their masks back on because they are between bites and just happen to be chatting with their spouse rather than eating? I have a hard time imagining cast members being too excited about that.
Or someome who gets done faster than others at their table and are sitting waiting for them...there's no way for them to realistically enforce this anymore than to have it on until you order or when you leave your seat.

Or someome who gets done faster than others at their table and are sitting waiting for them...there's no way for them to realistically enforce this anymore than to have it on until you order or when you leave your seat.

This is the same old argument that has been used repeatedly for all mask requirements (impossible to enforce) and guess what? Every time they find a way to enforce it, lol. This is the way it is in many places around the world. It's very easy to enforce.

This is the same old argument that has been used repeatedly for all mask requirements (impossible to enforce) and guess what? Every time they find a way to enforce it, lol. This is the way it is in many places around the world. It's very easy to enforce.

Have you seen all the crowded disney picks people have posted lately in FB groups, in almost every one of them you can spot at least 5 mask violations or more. Its only going to get worst over spring break, they struggle when the crowds are there since they can't see everyone and its easy to get lost in the crowd even after being reminded.

The next few days should tell us the real story.

Same old argument that has been used repeatedly for all mask requirements (impossible to enforce) and guess what? Every time they find a way to enforce it, lol. This is the way it is in many places around the world. It's very easy to enforce.

I think this one will get more pushback from people. They will enforce it yes, but the CM's will get much more feedback from guests with this rule than the others.

I have been to Disney well over 10 times in the last year and have eaten at a bunch of different sit down restaurants over the year. I would say 90% of the people sit down and right away take their masks off. Now they do this because most states from where the guests are from also let them do this in their restaurants.

So the cm's are going to have to do a lot more explaining with this one. Which is why I feel sorry for them.

Disney has managed to hold strong since July despite people complaining about the youngest ages that have to wear masks, people who cannot (or “cannot”) being forced, and countless other what if scenarios. They enforce well for the most part where they want to. People comply decent for the most part.

Wearing it for a few extra minutes is not going to actually drive away any significant amount of people, nor will there be any sort of real backlash.

Have you seen all the crowded disney picks people have posted lately in FB groups, in almost every one of them you can spot at least 5 mask violations or more. Its only going to get worst over spring break, they struggle when the crowds are there since they can't see everyone and its easy to get lost in the crowd even after being reminded.

The next few days should tell us the real story.

I think it's naive of anyone to think they'll ever get 100% compliance. But that doesn't mean it can't be enforced. The goal is the majority, and they're achieving that.

Yes, it is packed. We went to our local hole-in-the-wall eatery yesterday in central Florida and it was jammed full.

I think spring break crowds are in full force and I'm not talking only about college students.
CPAC is in Orlando this weekend. Florida is about the only place in the country that is welcoming travelers. Everywhere else is like travelers stay away.

I dunno last month I walked by the restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge and I observed from the lobby for about an hour and I didn't see a single person with their mask on in that area. This leads me to believe the entire place was taking their mask off as soon as they sat down at the table.
That’s what I was saying, the host literally tells you to take off your mask when you sit down. We are there on our trip the week of Christmas, they started on the “you can now take off your mask” before my butt was even in my seat. I was at Liberty Tree Tavern Presidents’ Day weekend, and Mama Melrose, and both times they said the same thing about being able to take our masks off before they even did the “have you dined with us before?” Deal they always do. No doubt people were in there with no masks on the whole time, they told them they could take them off, if you tell people they can then usually they do.

I think this one will get more pushback from people. They will enforce it yes, but the CM's will get much more feedback from guests with this rule than the others.

I have been to Disney well over 10 times in the last year and have eaten at a bunch of different sit down restaurants over the year. I would say 90% of the people sit down and right away take their masks off. Now they do this because most states from where the guests are from also let them do this in their restaurants.

So the cm's are going to have to do a lot more explaining with this one. Which is why I feel sorry for them.
They don’t need to explain anything. The rule is what it is. If you don’t want to follow it, leave.

I’m curious if they are adding this mask requirement (whatever it really is- we’ll know in a few days) to discourage Florida residents. (Or other travelers not concerned with covid).

kinda genius if it has that effect. Leaves more room for the out of state visitors coming for spring break.

Looking on social media today and I really cant find anyone at the parks experiencing this new rule.

I am surprised. I would of thought all the bloggers would be out there seeing if it is in effect yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter