Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question I have is why now? They've been doing it the other way for over 7 months with no issues. Why start this now when Covid is on it's way out? Makes little sense.
It’s probably because people have been abusing the rules. This is probably like when they had to clarify the rules around eating and masks in parks because people would take a drink in to a line and not wear a mask.

The question I have is why now? They've been doing it the other way for over 7 months with no issues. Why start this now when Covid is on it's way out? Makes little sense.

Maybe it’s because we’re (hopefully) in the home stretch and people are relaxing their behaviours. Maybe it’s because they want to increase restaurant capacity. Maybe they’ve had mounting complaints from their CMs with guests not putting them on when leaving the table. Maybe turnover is not what they want it to be because people are using it as a break. Maybe they wanted to get people talking about something that isn’t Harmonious barges.

Idk why people think wearing a mask at your table is such a big deal. We have done it the whole time. When food and drinks come masks off until each person is done eating. Not a big deal at all. Why on earth do people think you would have to mask between bites of food? People have clearly let common sense go out the window. Usually beverages come pretty fast. Having to wait an extra 10 min to take a mask off shouldn’t be an issue after wearing a mask all day.

I am still going with they are about to increase dining capacity.

I dunno i really think they will soon.

It’s probably because people have been abusing the rules. This is probably like when they had to clarify the rules around eating and masks in parks because people would take a drink in to a line and not wear a mask.
maybe but when the servers tell you to take the mask off as soon as you sit I don't see that as abusing the rules.

This is the same old argument that has been used repeatedly for all mask requirements (impossible to enforce) and guess what? Every time they find a way to enforce it, lol. This is the way it is in many places around the world. It's very easy to enforce.
Lol...I guess we'll see. Like I said, I can only see them enforcing that ppl. keep them on through ordering...anything more...don't see it. I'll be sure to report back our experience from our trip next week.

They don’t need to explain anything. The rule is what it is. If you don’t want to follow it, leave.
Not reality though...ppl. will have questions, wonder why etc...CMs will be explaining. Now, like I said I don't think they'll have much of an issue if it's just until a guest orders, because that's an easy black/white situation and a reasonable person can understand why they would want you to wait. However, if they are going to try to have ppl. who are done waiting for others to finish or thise who choose not to order something but stay with their party wear a mask...lol yeah right...it makes no sense and there's no reason to.

Ppl. are much more willing to comply with something when the understand the reasoning (you know when ppl explain why)... if there's no logic that someone sees; they're much less willing to do it.

Not reality though...ppl. will have questions, wonder why etc...CMs will be explaining. Now, like I said I don't think they'll have much of an issue if it's just until a guest orders, because that's an easy black/white situation and a reasonable person can understand why they would want you to wait. However, if they are going to try to have ppl. who are done waiting for others to finish or thise who choose not to order something but stay with their party wear a mask...lol yeah right...it makes no sense and there's no reason to.

Ppl. are much more willing to comply with something when the understand the reasoning (you know when ppl explain why)... if there's no logic that someone sees; they're much less willing to do it.
The rules for restaurants were pretty simple before. When sitting at a table mask can be off. When you stand up mask must be on. Going forward CMs will have to educate. Once people order they will need to be reminded to keep their masks on until their drinks arrive. When the server clears their table they will need to tell the guests to put their masks back on. Doable yes but what a pain for the CMs. It’s going to be interesting to read the trip reports.

I mean, I think this is how it is going to be.

If you have a drink or food in front of you they are not going to say anything about having your mask off.
I agree. My guess is it's to keep people from lingering for a mask break after dinner and to be able to encourage people more strenuously to keep masks on for bathroom breaks/while moving around inside the restaurant. Which makes sense.

Change in administration. There's a little bit of a lag in executing all the new Executive Orders.
I don't think it has anything to do with the new administration; they only have jurisdiction over federal property and agencies, so none of the new orders override states' authority. Florida's rules haven't changed and Disney was already going above and beyond what is required by the state, so this is all Disney's decision.

I'm one of those people who never unmasks until I receive some food or drink. It's not hard. Something to drink arrives fairly quickly. When I'm done I put the mask back on. That way the server knows I'm done and they can get my check. It doesn't have anything to do with if the table has been cleared or not. Most times, the tables aren't cleared fully until after you leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter