Cruise Magnet graphics and links

DO you want to share Disney graphics text free for magnet use?

• Yes I am interested but I don't have any to share.

• Yes I am interested but no way am I sharing my private collection

• I would like to share but do not know how.

• I will post some later

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

I just used simple clip art that I got online, and then edited it in photoshop, adding layes, shadows, textures, etc. (I am a wannabe graphic designer, and have been teaching myself photoshop this summer!)

The mickey heads were done with a custom brush shape I made, and then added effects to. I saved the black one as a jpeg so others can use it.

mickey.jpg

TFS. This is so cool!:thumbsup2

Here Luvthe ears you can use this one and decorate it with what ever picture you want. No one owns any picture originally created by Disney. Disney has them copy righted and in that sense we all use something that belongs to someone else.

I didn't say that I owned it... I said it would've been polite since I'm *in* the thread to at least say "would you mind posting that as a blank" rather than just doing it...

Any time anyone asks me, I ALWAYS credit the amazing Midnight who did the ears you posted above in the first place... because honestly, if you spend a lot of time on something, it's nice if someone at least credits you...

I've never claimed it as "mine" - it isn't... but it is the product of something that took me hours to do... and I'm sure it took Midnight hours to do the one you posted as well... nice to credit her too.

I am finally getting my signs ready, and we leave on saturday!! Here is one I made for the 2 birthdays we are celebrating on board. I printed them on magnetic paper and cut around the frame and they came out so cute!! I will post some more as I get them finished.

Those are brilliant BynnyA!!! :)

Well done!!
They look VERY cool!!!! :goodvibes

I'm not sure if these have been posted already. They are very small, but perhaps someone with better software can help out.

xmas-min03a.gif

xmas-mic04a.gif

gift1.jpg

xmas-mic-min06a.gif

xmas-plu01a.gif

xmas-mic19a.gif

Are we actually allowed to use these? Just curious because I know disney has a strict copyright policy. Would love to make some things for our door but don't wanna get in trouble...

Um, if you'd like me to tweak my signature image for you, I'd be happy to... I'm kind of surprised you would modify it and post it here w/o my permission and without having even asked me.
Yes, I modified midnights' ears - but it took me hours and days to get the princesses mapped...

It just seems like common courtesy to ask first when the person you are stealing from is actually participating in the thread.
:(

Wow, what a harsh tone to this post. I think if LuvtheEars was trying to "steal" she wouldn't have posted the modified image, but would have kept it to herself. It seems to me she was truly trying to be helpful to some of us less talented folks and meant no harm.

Are we actually allowed to use these? Just curious because I know disney has a strict copyright policy. Would love to make some things for our door but don't wanna get in trouble...

My understanding is that as long as you are using the images for personal use and "not for profit", there is no problem.

Wow, what a harsh tone to this post. I think if LuvtheEars was trying to "steal" she wouldn't have posted the modified image, but would have kept it to herself. It seems to me she was truly trying to be helpful to some of us less talented folks and meant no harm.

I agree...

Thanks!

I just used simple clip art that I got online, and then edited it in photoshop, adding layes, shadows, textures, etc. (I am a wannabe graphic designer, and have been teaching myself photoshop this summer!)

The mickey heads were done with a custom brush shape I made, and then added effects to. I saved the black one as a jpeg so others can use it.

mickey.jpg

I love your design. Congrats on learning Photoshop, it is a very intimidating program.

Have you put your design out there for general use? Please say yes.

I'm wondering if what you're hearing as "harsh" wasn't my feeling upset...
but either way, if it came across that way, then I owe LuvtheEars an apology - it just kind of surprised me that someone would post that with no mention of where it came from as if they had done it...
But I'm sorry that it came across as harsh.

My apologies to LuvtheEars.

:sad1:

I suspect to a point that's a matter of email/internet posting having no tone of voice - but then, that's one of the hazards of posting - sometimes you say something one way and it comes out sounding entirely different on the other end.

Thanks for letting me know that it DIDN'T come across as surprised and hurt and instead came across as harsh... :( That wasn't my intent.
:guilty:

I'd love the file to make the ears. We're crusing next week! thank you, Jhenry227@cfl.rr.com
(oops, this message for intended for the poster who had the Mickey ears above the circle on their door. I'm not sure how to tag my message back to theirs.

Thanks!

mickey.jpg

This is SO COOL! I may have to borrow, if that's ok?

And this is our Dis Info Guide ( a work in progress)

CruisingwiththeMoonies.png

I absolutely LOVE this. What program, or combination of programs, are you using to do this? Would you mind sharing the template? If so, would you PM me and I will send you an e-mail addy.:thumbsup2

Ok. I have my designs printed on regular paper. I have magnetic tape, should I laminate the pages first?

Thanks in advance.

Ok. I have my designs printed on regular paper. I have magnetic tape, should I laminate the pages first?

Thanks in advance.

I do. I also use a glue stick to paste the designs on some stiffer paper first. This is optional, but the lamination really brings out the color in the design. I got so addicted to the magnet making that I bought a laminator for $38 online at Joann.com!

My understanding is that as long as you are using the images for personal use and "not for profit", there is no problem.

Yeah -- if there was a problem then a sizeable chunk of the passengers on the past couple of cruises we've been on would have been arrested... or sued... or left out at sea in lifeboats... or washing dishes back in the galley... :lmao:

I'm wondering if what you're hearing as "harsh" wasn't my feeling upset...
but either way, if it came across that way, then I owe LuvtheEars an apology - it just kind of surprised me that someone would post that with no mention of where it came from as if they had done it...
But I'm sorry that it came across as harsh.

My apologies to LuvtheEars.

:sad1:

I suspect to a point that's a matter of email/internet posting having no tone of voice - but then, that's one of the hazards of posting - sometimes you say something one way and it comes out sounding entirely different on the other end.

Thanks for letting me know that it DIDN'T come across as surprised and hurt and instead came across as harsh... :( That wasn't my intent.
:guilty:

I cannot speak for LuvtheEars, but I feel better knowing this. I agree that posting does not always convey the feelings intended and since we don't really know one another, it is easy to take things wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter