Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
On our first Disney Cruise I purchased, (and bagged together w/our room #), plain cream colored fabric, sharpies and some chocolate candies. Brought that to guest services be signed by all the characters. On the last night of the cruise it was there waiting on our bed. When we returned home I purchased cording, nautical themed fabric and pillow stuffing and made decorative pillows for each of my kids beds. Signatures on the front, cording around the edges and the nautical themed fabric on the back side of the pillow. Think we will try the picture mat this time!!

Can't wait to cruise! :earboy2: :mickeyjumMay 2016!!:tinker:

On our first Disney Cruise I purchased, (and bagged together w/our room #), plain cream colored fabric, sharpies and some chocolate candies. Brought that to guest services be signed by all the characters. On the last night of the cruise it was there waiting on our bed. When we returned home I purchased cording, nautical themed fabric and pillow stuffing and made decorative pillows for each of my kids beds. Signatures on the front, cording around the edges and the nautical themed fabric on the back side of the pillow. Think we will try the picture mat this time!!

Can't wait to cruise! :earboy2: :mickeyjumMay 2016!!:tinker:

I really like that!!! I was going to get a white apron and have it signed for my mother, but I might just have to steal your idea!! :yay:

I am going to create a travel journal for my kids to fill out. I found free pages on Pinterest that I printed out for our recent road trip and the enjoyed filling out a journal. I might find a way to print pictures from the trip and out it in a book or binder with the journal pages

Beach hacks - baby powder helps remove sand and a couple drops of baby shampoo inside your dive/ snorkel mask will keep it from fogging up.

Beach hacks - baby powder helps remove sand and a couple drops of baby shampoo inside your dive/ snorkel mask will keep it from fogging up.

The baby shampoo is a fantastic idea! Thanks! Baby powder is good too, but I'll most likely get a sand brush from my FE! :yay:

And not so much a hack really and most old schoolers probably already know (but just in case a newbie reads some and skips to the end) keep an empty/spare Disney giftcard around to put in the light slot of your room. You have to keep your DCL card in there to keep the lights on, but its not specific to the card but rather actually having something like that in there, so any card shape like that will do! Also something you typically get in your FE if your participating! :mickeybar

The baby shampoo is a fantastic idea! Thanks! Baby powder is good too, but I'll most likely get a sand brush from my FE! :yay:

And not so much a hack really and most old schoolers probably already know (but just in case a newbie reads some and skips to the end) keep an empty/spare Disney giftcard around to put in the light slot of your room. You have to keep your DCL card in there to keep the lights on, but its not specific to the card but rather actually having something like that in there, so any card shape like that will do! Also something you typically get in your FE if your participating! :mickeybar

Just a note about the empty/spare card for the light slot. This is only needed on the 2 newest/largest ships, the Dream and the Fantasy. The Magic and Wonder do not have this slot.

not scrolling all the way back and maybe it was posted.. but order the cake of the day (room service) Just remember to tip your server. You can get Mickey Bars room service or in the MDR's just ask :)

And we didnt do a pillow case, we did a giant wood letter. I painted one red and one black. The red one they signed in black sharpie and the other they signed in gold and silver sharpies :)

(I don't mean to complain, but I keep waiting for the secret tips and it seems like this thread should be renamed the DCL pillowcase thread. :) )

Here's a list I made way back before my last cruise that you can scroll through. We'll be cruising again in 2017 so I may start updating that list since it only goes up to page #46!!

not scrolling all the way back and maybe it was posted.. but order the cake of the day (room service) Just remember to tip your server. You can get Mickey Bars room service or in the MDR's just ask :)

I never knew there was a cake of the day!! We'll have to try that!!

Oh yea, I totally agree, TIP YOUR SERVER!!!!

If offered during the cruise, take a tour of the ship. These are generally adult only offerings. They are led by a cast member and they can provide you additional insite about the ship they many cruisers miss. Did this on the Fantasy a couple of months ago and this provided some background information designs of the various common areas and the lounges.

If offered during the cruise, take a tour of the ship. These are generally adult only offerings. They are led by a cast member and they can provide you additional insite about the ship they many cruisers miss. Did this on the Fantasy a couple of months ago and this provided some background information designs of the various common areas and the lounges.

That sounds like fun. Where do you go to inquire about a ship tour?

I love the pillow case idea, but I was thinking about doing something that will never fade and that I can spray a clear coat over when we get home, so the signatures will be preserved. Has anyone done this before? :artist:

Wait. I can just use the showers at the spa whenever I feel like it? Even if I'm not there for a service?

Wait. I can just use the showers at the spa whenever I feel like it? Even if I'm not there for a service?

Yup. I've only showered in my room twice. I love the showers at the spa. More room and more comfortable, plus it doesn't steam up my stateroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter