Cruises late nov to lat dec. too cold? and do you need travel ins?

dutton

Mouseketeer
We want to book a 4 night cruise for next year. The best dates for us are either Nov. 28 or Dec. 21. My whole family would die if we couldn't swim and/or enjoy castaway cay. Does it get really cold? Also, when I called to book trip insurance, it seems to vary in price from $50-$59 per person. Is this necessary? My DH seems to think that is pricey. Thank you for any info!!

We went on the 7 night last Nov. for Thanksgiving and the weather was perfect! I would say it was in the low 80's...definately warm enough to swim. Enjoy! We always purchase the insurance but others have purchased from other agencies...so that may be a more affordable option.

I am thinking of taking my children sometime in Dec or Jan...but, the weather has me questioning if that is the best time too. I took the 3 day Wonder trip this past Jan (around the 20th)....Before leaving on the ship, my daughters (age 7 and 3) enjoyed the most wonderful weather at the Magic Kingdom....then the day we left on the cruise.....heard that back home it was SNOWING (in South Carolina)...we laughed.....saying thank goodness we are headed to the Bahamas! Well, it wasn't so funny....our cruise temp never got over 59 degrees!!!!! Totally unprepared for the chilly temps....wore the same thing most everyday.....which was what I started out wearing when I left SC. I never took my bathing suit out of the suitcase...However....my 7 year old did go swimming in the pool and at CC. Didn't seem to bother her too much...My 3 year old did not want to have any part of swimming. The outside activites were moved inside...I will say that I had a great time regardless...would love to have come back with a tan. We kept busy and didn't seem to miss the pool etc. as much as one might think. At the sametime I had friends on the Magic....they had good weather except around FL....I think going further south made a big difference! I would probably go again at the same time.....the weather was a freak thing..our timing was bad...but, the rates for the cruise are so good...it almost makes it worth the gamble. In closing, I have to say...I had visions of sitting by the pool getting sun sipping on something cold...but, the reality was I was cold by the pool, sipping on hot chocolate!! Good luck with your travel plans.!

We went on the 3 night in April and weather at WDW was perfect. The day we left for the boat, the wind was terrible and it was "cold". I would say high sixties but with the wind, it felt really cold. The whole cruise was like this except it started to warm up at CC. So you can never predict the weather, ours was also a freak occurrance. I really hope our Thanksgiving cruise is warm!

We cruised last December (the 6th) and felt that the weather (Western Itin) was wonderful! CC, however, was windy but warm, but that water was freeeeezing, and I am from a cold part of the country!:) Actually, it wasn't too bad, but not as warm and comfortable as when we cruised in May!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter