Crystal Palace - Food Opinions?

Bunny84

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have a lunch ADR at Crystal Palace in July. While I'm glad we will have a cool place to sit for an hour or so, I keep looking at the menu and can't find anything that appeals to me. The food choices they have seem to be very heavy for a hot summer day.

That said, I am not a picky eater. Does anyone have any favorites/recommendations, or opinions either way?

I ate there for the first, and last, time in late April. The service was good, but the food was horrible (cold, or dry)...never again.

My husband and I have a lunch ADR at Crystal Palace in July. While I'm glad we will have a cool place to sit for an hour or so, I keep looking at the menu and can't find anything that appeals to me. The food choices they have seem to be very heavy for a hot summer day.

That said, I am not a picky eater. Does anyone have any favorites/recommendations, or opinions either way?
For an hour or so relaxation you might consider Geyser Point @ WL. Small plates and sandwiches, drinks with and without alcohol, comfy chairs on a shaded terrace overlooking a lake. Easy to get to from MK via boat.

It was definitely heavy. I got the fried chicken which I was expecting to be a nice chicken breast, fried, liked they do in Southern cooking restaurants. It was not, it was 3 large pieces of bone-in, side of Mac and cheese (I substituted this for roasted potatoes). You also get a bread service, salad and all the desserts. I thought it was good overall and I would eat there again. My mom and sister got the fish dish which was lighter and a smaller amount of food.

It is very heavy food. If you aren't interested in what they have I'd consider looking for another option. The food there has always been just "okay" with the one exception that they've done a wonderful job with food allergies. But if that's not a concern I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here again.

It is heavy food, and it is expensive. I would not pay that much for A/C. I would find a CS place that has what I want and get my A/C at Carousel of Progress for free. The best A/C break is Hall of Presidents but that is currently closed for updating. Country Bears Jamboree is good too not sure if it's open.

Is it true that if you want more of your entrée you can get another helping? I watched a video of The Tim Tracker eating there and they said you could. Just couldn't change entrees from what you originally ordered. Anyone have this experience?

Is it true that if you want more of your entrée you can get another helping? I watched a video of The Tim Tracker eating there and they said you could. Just couldn't change entrees from what you originally ordered. Anyone have this experience?
Most if not all buffet style restaurants went to family style because of covid. They give you a small portion of everything. They tell you upfront anything you want more of just ask. We ate at Biergarten and Liberty Tree Tavern in April and asked for more of a few items (brauts/pot roast) and were given generous portions

CP was a one and done for us. It wasn’t bad but I don’t feel the need to eat there again. They do have the best glazed carrots I’ve ever eaten

Most if not all buffet style restaurants went to family style because of covid. They give you a small portion of everything. They tell you upfront anything you want more of just ask. We ate at Biergarten and Liberty Tree Tavern in April and asked for more of a few items (brauts/pot roast) and were given generous portions

CP was a one and done for us. It wasn’t bad but I don’t feel the need to eat there again. They do have the best glazed carrots I’ve ever eaten
They bring you a variety of foods a those restaurants. At The Crystal Palace, you have to choose 1 entree. Wanted info on being able to get seconds at this restaurant. Thanks anyway.

We just ate there last week. It was ok, we had prime rib. The desserts weren't great. I won't go back until Pooh and friends return.

2 other vloggers I follow also recently ate there. They asked their server, who confirmed that you can get more of the original entree you chose, you just can’t switch to a different entree.

I think Skipper Canteen is one of the best restaurants in all of WDW. Great AC too.

Our experience in May, was pretty awful. Food was only meh, with the exception of the prime rib, which was downright inedible. Tried three times to get a reasonable piece of meat, and failed. Prime Rib should be more than 1/4 inch thick, not dry and flavorless, and shouldn't have grill marks on it.

After finally getting the restaurant general manager involved, we learned that they had actually run out of prime rib and substituted a frozen flank steak (which they grilled to cook quickly) without bothering to tell us that up front and, or, apparently, anyone else.

The GM did comp the meal and gave us a recovery FP, but I have zero interest in returning.

Steve

Our experience in May, was pretty awful. Food was only meh, with the exception of the prime rib, which was downright inedible. Tried three times to get a reasonable piece of meat, and failed. Prime Rib should be more than 1/4 inch thick, not dry and flavorless, and shouldn't have grill marks on it.

After finally getting the restaurant general manager involved, we learned that they had actually run out of prime rib and substituted a frozen flank steak (which they grilled to cook quickly) without bothering to tell us that up front and, or, apparently, anyone else.

The GM did comp the meal and gave us a recovery FP, but I have zero interest in returning.

Steve
That's unacceptable on the prime rib.

My family dined at the Crystal Palace on 7/6. Among all the places that we have eaten during our 6 day trip (Biergarten, Yak and Yeti, Cape May Cafe, Ronto Roaster, Docking Bay 7, Ale & Compass, Morimoto Asia), food at CP was the least favorite.

We ordered the catfish with shrimp, prime ribs & pork chop. Prime Rib was too rare for me. Pork chop was dry. Catfish with shrimp was good. The Salad was fresh. The muffin was yummy. The dessert was just tooth-achy sweet. Last time when we dined there was 5 years ago. The buffet was better But still not good enough for the price tag. We probably won’t go back to CP in the future.

We ate there on 7/7. We only have 4 TS meals booked for our family of 6, and that’s the only one we have done so far. We enjoyed it. My wife and I got the prime rib and they cooked my wife’s to more medium well, so she was pleased. Kids got the fried chicken. We thought it was all good and the desserts were varied enough that everyone found something they liked. We are not picky or foodies though. We are the family that is going to Epcot tomorrow and are sad the Electric Umbrella is gone.

Crystal Palace was great when our boys were young and Pooh and Friends were popular. The food had a nice variety but quality was like most buffets. Not a buffet at the moment I think but nothing special food wise. The restaurant is quite beutiful though and a relaxing stop in a hectic day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter