CSR @$99 or Amerisuites Calypso @$79

Kay1

<font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b
I just want to take my two boys over next Sunday since there dad is working on a project. I can't decide between these two. Transportation doesn't matter to me, I'm more interested in which property would be more fun for two boys. I would love to hear any thoughts or opinions.

You didn't say how old the two boys are.

I stayed at CSR last December and it was a great Resort. The pool area, complete with a temple-like waterfall, is fun. There is a waterslide, sand volleyball court, playground for little kids and a snack window. You can rent watercraft near the Pepper Market. The Resort has on-site restaurants, shops and recreation. It's very colorful.

The rooms continue the Southwestern theme with colors of coral, green and gold. Each room has two queen beds, a small table with two chairs, TV/VCR, iron and board, vanity and a small bathroom with tub/shower. You can rent a very small fridge for $10/day.

Am I correct in assuming that at Amerisuites you have a suite room. That means you have a larger room witha fridge and a microwave. You also have free cont breakfast.
We stayed at CSR last Sept and thought it was beautiful- BUT it is very large!!! If you don't get a location by the pool and food court you will be walking alot. Also Pepper Market can be very expensive. If money is no object- go with the CSR. Otherwise I would stay at Calypso Cay.

Thanks, you two. I still can't decide but I appreciate your input.

I would always stay on site, especially with that small of a price difference. If you drive you will save the $6 a day parking fee too. I think the pool will be great fun! I know my 2 love the Riverside and WL pools. Heard CSR pool is wonderful for children. They would enjoy the surrey bikes and other activities there too.:) Have fun either way!

Thank you, BibidiBobbiBoo. By not deciding, I decided as now it's too late to get my deposit back. CSR it is!

I am envious;) ! We won't be going back until Dec., trying the Contemporary then. Have fun and let us know how you like CSR:)

We had a WONDERFUL time at CSR. Room 7180 in Ranchos 7a. The room had a neighbor on only one side which I liked. The room was beyond spotless and my children were ecstatic at pool area. The only thing I didn't like was the food court, but that's not unusual for me as I usually have problems finding the kinds of things I like. We ended up with a mini pizza, Caesar salad, child's hot dog and two sodas for $28. We only went to AK and my son with autism fell in love with Primeval Whirl. We rode it 9 times in a 24-hour period. Is that a record? I knew we'd want to spend time at the pool again this morning so we asked for, and received , a 12 noon check out. The hotel was busy so I consider this a major favor. The biggest problem was that I didn't want to leave. Thanks, all.

PS - I don't like buses, either, but I used there's yesterday afternoon and it was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter