Curiosity question - what do you pack/wear for cruises?

What is your approach to your cruise wardrobe?

• Dress up - a cruise is a chance to pull out clothes I don't normally wear!

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Dress down - it's a vacation, I want to be comfortable

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Somewhere in the middle - I pack a few nicer outfits, but mostly go for comfort

Votes: 75 63.0%
  • Cruise wardrobe? I just pack what I wear every day 😂

Votes: 13 10.9%

• Total voters

sadiecatie

DIS Veteran
This is not the practical question (i.e. what should you have for excursions/different itineraries/etc) - I'm just curious how people approach their cruise wardrobe? (and I'm also staying up until check-in tonight, so humor me!)

For our upcoming cruise, I was planning and thinking about various "fashionable" outfits I should pack, then realized I wouldn't actually wear them 😂 Soooo running shorts, athletic skorts, Disney t-shirts and flip-flops it is. On the other side, I see people at dinner looking spiffy and dressed nice nightly. So what kind of cruiser are you? Dress up, dress down, or somewhere in the middle?

Also, for my vote I put "somewhere in the middle" - I'll pack a nicer outfit for Palo and some "nice-ish" options if I want to dress up a little for dinner, but mostly I'm going for comfort and practicality.

These days a dinner at Palo/Remy/Enchante is pretty much the only time I get fancy on or off a cruise. Outside of that I usually bring some cuter outfits...and then never end up wearing them. So really it ends up being my normal wardrobe but heavier on the Disney t-shirts lol.

Used to dress up every dinner including the kids but only do it for Palo and formal night but that isn’t even to dressy. Think sundress. I don’t wear dresses at home at all.

I have nicer tops I wear only on cruises with capris or jean shorts . Usually wear the top for dinner than again the next day because only wear it for a few hours.

Than when the cruise is over and heading home I will be back in my t shirt and jeans, hoodie. This is my normal every day clothes.

I am such a girly girl DCL is heaven for me. Evening gown and a tiara for formal nights. Hubby matches his tux vest & tie to me. Cocktail dress for Palo. A cute, typically Disney dress for dinner. Hubby will try to match hi Disney button down to my dress theme. A fun, pretty dress for embarkation day.

We don’t dress up in our everyday life, but on a cruise we do. I have a closet in my office that has our cruise clothes in it. It’s only touched when it’s time to start packing. I rarely take anything that I wear at home. Travel days I do wear leggings to be comfy.

Well I work from home, so my attire is already on the casual side...I pack a nice dress for Palo and if I can match my attire to the MDR, I do (Frozen shirt in Arrendelle, Marvel shirt in Worlds of Marvel) and a bunch of shorts/capris. Swimsuit and coverup.

I essentially live in my flip flops and only wear my sneakers on embarkation, disembarkation

In my house we have inside pants (pajama pants, old comfy sweats) and outside pants (anything else, appropriate for wearing out). So on a cruise we only take outside clothes, lol, which by definition are nicer than what we wear at home.

I also love dressing for dinner when I can (but not stressing myself out). For someone who essentially lives in inside pants, I have a ridiculous obsession with buying cute dresses and often I buy them "to wear on a cruise someday!" Still, my dresses are casual compared to others.

So I chose "dress up" but I may not look dressed up to others!

In my house we have inside pants (pajama pants, old comfy sweats) and outside pants (anything else, appropriate for wearing out). So on a cruise we only take outside clothes, lol, which by definition are nicer than what we wear at home.

I also love dressing for dinner when I can (but not stressing myself out). For someone who essentially lives in inside pants, I have a ridiculous obsession with buying cute dresses and often I buy them "to wear on a cruise someday!" Still, my dresses are casual compared to others.

Yeah if my pants have a non-elastic waist band, that's me being dressed up 😂

I chose "somewhere in the middle". We dress up for formal and semi formal night. Otherwise we're wearing whatever we had on that day--matching Disney tees, jeans/shorts. We do NOT wear bathing suits anywhere but the pool deck

This sounds familiar 😆 my husband and I both work from home most of the time, so actual clothes (not sweats or athletic wear) are “dressed up.”

We enjoy dressing up on cruises. Everyday life is so casual anymore, it seems like the only time we dress up at home is for a funeral. And so much easier to dress up on a cruise as dinner is just a short elevator ride away. No driving, so bad weather to damage your nice clothing.
I don't rent a tux like I did on my first cruise, but that was back formal night was truly formal, before cruising got so casual.

Only time we wear pants and collar shirt is Palo brunch. The rest of the cruise is t-shirts and shorts. no dressing up for formal, semi formal or anything else. we dress to impress ourselves.

We are somewhere in the middle. Comfy shorts and tank tops or t-shirts (depending on weather) with sandals and flip flops for most of the cruise. I pack some sundresses for me and polo shirts for my husband for dinner. We have yet to do Palo so haven't had to get more dressed up than that.

I'm somewhere in the middle. On sea days I'm usually just wearing my swim suit and cover up, on excursion days probably leggings and a comfy top. I do bring sundresses for dinner and a nicer dress for Palo/Remy (and formal night, if we have one). I don't bring too much fancy but I do like to be able to wear some things I don't normally otherwise have an opportunity to wear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter