• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Blue Bayou Menu Reviews?

Last week when riding pirates, a few of the BB waterside tables sang to us yo-ho, yo-ho as we floated by. The hurricanes must have been gooooooodddd! A fun and funny moment.

Haven’t been back to BB…canceled our ADR, as for now…we’re enjoying other DLR locations.

I'm wondering why they don't just make the bread a menu item that they charge for? It never made any sense to me that restaurants will charge you $5 for a coke that costs them pennies while at the same time giving you free bread when it costs them several dollars a basket.
Either way. I don't care if I have to pay for it. I just need my simple carbs!

I will wait... and wait... and wait for waterside. It's the only way to go at BB. The value of the meal decreases exponentially if you are in the middle of the dinning room.

Exactly correct. The menu prices should vary depending on where you are sitting in there. But of course they would never do that because people would complain.

Maybe folks were actually obliging the requests and that’s why they cancelled bread service. 🤪
I wondered about that, too! It did used to happen that rolls were thrown sometimes. But all of the other restaurants also stopped bread service so I guess it was a resort-wide thing and people not having rolls to throw in BB was just an added perk for DLR.

OP here. I kept my BB reservation and was happy I did so. None of the entrees looked good to my sister, but she loves the chicken gumbo. She ordered 2 cups and the server had the equivalent placed in a bowl for her entree. She also ordered the Hearts of Palm Escabèche and really enjoyed that. I ordered the Heirloom Tomato and Watermelon Salad. Sometimes I got a refreshing bite, other times I got a bite that didn't taste good at all. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was going on. I ate most of it, though. For my entree I ordered the Fava Bean & Pistachio Pesto Pasta. I really enjoyed it. The asparagus wasn't my favorite, but they were easy enough to eat around. It was very filling and I would order it again. Service was great and prompt. The server brought the check. At that point I remembered I hadn't mentioned I had a MK. So she had to refund my card and charge it again with the discount. She didn't seem annoyed that I had forgotten to mention it. I guess I am used to being asked if I have a MK. But I noticed this trip that I wasn't asked that at all. Usually I am asked that all the time. (Last visit was in Jan)

I am really struggling with deciding to book BB or not. I'll have two 9 year olds with me that love a good rare steak. We already have multiple character meals and sit down restaurants booked for our trip but my girl really wants to eat here. I am balking at the price of the adult steak only because I'll have to pay for three of them 😂. I asked this in another thread but forgot to ask about the doneness of the steak. Can you order the kids version rare? Anyone know what cut the kids steak is? We had the best kids steak at Cinderella's Royal Table earlier this year. I figured I'd just order each kid two meals if it's tiny. Still would save about $50.

I am really struggling with deciding to book BB or not. I'll have two 9 year olds with me that love a good rare steak. We already have multiple character meals and sit down restaurants booked for our trip but my girl really wants to eat here. I am balking at the price of the adult steak only because I'll have to pay for three of them 😂. I asked this in another thread but forgot to ask about the doneness of the steak. Can you order the kids version rare? Anyone know what cut the kids steak is? We had the best kids steak at Cinderella's Royal Table earlier this year. I figured I'd just order each kid two meals if it's tiny. Still would save about $50.
I have ordered the kids steak and it is so, so tiny. The meal was not enough food for my 7 year old.

Edited to add: It looks like more in the photo then it actually was. This was August 2021.
096F2CF8-C03C-4DD4-A795-AAB23A768A9D.jpeg

I have ordered the kids steak and it is so, so tiny. The meal was not enough food for my 7 year old.
View attachment 696276
Thank you for the photo! I'm thinking we can go here and treat this like an appetizer for them and I'll get some chicken strips for afterwards. She wants to go because we always see the people eating while we're on the ride. I want to go because it's been ages since I've been. Eight years actually, my daughter wasn't even one yet.

That's positively shameful. It looks like they just served about 1/4 of the regular filet and charged you 20 bucks.
It was only $10 so hard to complain. I see that the same meal is now $13. But Disney’s kids meal portions have gotten so incredibly tiny post-covid that it’s pointless to even try buying my 7 year old most kids meals.

My disappointment was before Covid. We had made our reservations (or whatever they call them) and got seated next to the entrance, it was horrible and we didn’t get to experience the “atmosphere”. (We we’re a group of 4.).

My disappointment was before Covid. We had made our reservations (or whatever they call them) and got seated next to the entrance, it was horrible and we didn’t get to experience the “atmosphere”. (We we’re a group of 4.).
At that point I would have just left. I'm not going to pay 200 plus dollars for zero ambiance.

Had lunch (and requested the Fantasmic package) at Blue Bayou this past Sunday and it was fabulous. Table by the water, and no attempts to rush us through our meal (maybe because it was a 2pm seating, in between rushes?).
The fish is still ahi tuna and was outstanding. They kindly swapped the sides around for my picky kids. The special dessert was delicious.
Lined up just after 8 and got the last spot at the railing within the BB corral, which turned out to be just about dead center of the show. A pricey experience but so worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter