Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not sure if it is different for some departments, but yes sometimes you may be rewarded with some time off, dinner, special mentions at meetings etc
They didn’t give us time off but we did get gift cards, we’re congratulated by the manager at the pre-event team meetings and of course got notations on our record card.

They didn’t give us time off but we did get gift cards, we’re congratulated by the manager at the pre-event team meetings and of course got notations on our record card.
It definitely makes you feel good (and kind of awkward lol) when you’re congratulated in front of everyone.
Although, I remember one comment for me that was read out that made me cry and remember why I wanted to be a Disney CM in the first place. I can’t remember word for word now, but something along the lines of “My daughter asked Cinderella to teach her to dance for her Prince. I have never seen her smile and laugh so much”. It’s the comments like these that make us feel appreciated and that we are doing the right thing

Last edited:
It definitely makes you feel good (and kind of awkward lol) when you’re congratulated in front of everyone.
Although, I remember one comment for me that was read out that made me cry and remember why I wanted to be a Disney CM in the first place. I can’t remember word for word now, but something along the lines of “My daughter asked Cinderella to teach her to dance for her Prince. I have never seen her smile and laugh so much”. It’s the comments like these that make us feel appreciated and that we are doing the right thing
Great story and I’m sure you have many more where you didn’t get a commendation. Those situations are why some of us wanted to be CMs. It’s certainly not for the money.

So you were or are Cindy? Are you on a ship currently?

Exactly. Definitely not for the money 🤣Yes I am friends with Cindy, among others. And yes I am currently onboard
Oh that’s right, I forgot the friends thing, shame on me. Any chance you’ll be on the Fantasy in early Dec? Big family cruise of 12, including a 5 and 2 year old granddaughter. They love the Princesses.

Oh that’s right, I forgot the friends thing, shame on me. Any chance you’ll be on the Fantasy in early Dec? Big family cruise of 12, including a 5 and 2 year old granddaughter. They love the Princesses.
😂 how could you possibly forget??!!! Haha. I’m not sure what I’ll do after this contract. But if I end up there then I will let you know. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to help make magic for your family

😂 how could you possibly forget??!!! Haha. I’m not sure what I’ll do after this contract. But if I end up there then I will let you know. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to help make magic for your family
Thanks, and I will.

I think it was the Dream, maybe 10 years ago . . . but all the Princesses (maybe 3~4) each morning around 8:40, would rise from their slumber somewhere in the bow, maybe by the WD Theatre? They would all hurry by together along the Promenade and then Deck 3 to meet with (mostly younger) passengers in the Atrium and it was quite the parade!

We were on a B2B and due to a storm did NOT dock at CCay or Nassau, so I recognized the pattern, and it became one of the best photo ops ever! Even though these ladies were in a hurry, they were polite and very in character! So much fun.

I still recall how Ariel hoped I would "have a nice day, on your feet!". Loved it.

I think it was the Dream, maybe 10 years ago . . . but all the Princesses (maybe 3~4) each morning around 8:40, would rise from their slumber somewhere in the bow, maybe by the WD Theatre? They would all hurry by together along the Promenade and then Deck 3 to meet with (mostly younger) passengers in the Atrium and it was quite the parade!

We were on a B2B and due to a storm did NOT dock at CCay or Nassau, so I recognized the pattern, and it became one of the best photo ops ever! Even though these ladies were in a hurry, they were polite and very in character! So much fun.

I still recall how Ariel hoped I would "have a nice day, on your feet!". Loved it.
I love that you still remember this! This is why I love my job!

Ok, here's a questions that vexes many veteran DCL customers (and it's NOT how much to tip at Palo -- I think we finally figured that one out). How can we show appreciation to CM's that aren't in "tipping positions"?

Comment card is often too small to list everybody -- we take notes during the cruise and sometimes attach an extra sheet. When our son was young, we brought little gifts for the Youth Activity folks, but I am not sure they needed candy, or phone cards (long ago) or misc. CVS items we dumped on them. Sigh.

For some CM's, taking fun pictures and putting them on their FB allowed them to enjoy and share. DWife is the FB'er and still keeps up with ("some guy from Spain" ;-).

Ok, here's a questions that vexes many veteran DCL customers (and it's NOT how much to tip at Palo -- I think we finally figured that one out). How can we show appreciation to CM's that aren't in "tipping positions"?

Comment card is often too small to list everybody -- we take notes during the cruise and sometimes attach an extra sheet. When our son was young, we brought little gifts for the Youth Activity folks, but I am not sure they needed candy, or phone cards (long ago) or misc. CVS items we dumped on them. Sigh.

For some CM's, taking fun pictures and putting them on their FB allowed them to enjoy and share. DWife is the FB'er and still keeps up with ("some guy from Spain" ;-).
Honestly, you don’t need to give anything at all. Speaking to us and telling us how much you enjoyed whatever show/activity etc is great!
Mentions on comment cards are the best (or even chatting to our manager if we did something really magical). This then give us recognition which can lead to rewards, promotions, and the like (depending on role and department).
I used to be in Youth Activities a long time ago, and yes candy that can be put into pockets and eaten throughout the day is wonderful. It takes a lot of energy to get through a YA shift! Obviously this doesn’t work for roles such as entertainment though so comment cards go a long way and we love hearing them

Awww that’s what we love to hear!
Yes, it can be a little creepy. Has not been too bad on ships but in the Parks, I have had a few strange/awkward/creepy interactions.
Lol! Woof. Y’all have the most patience! I had a friend who did DCP and she roomed with someone who was a character in the park.

A number of years ago, we were on the Magic Canada cruise RT NYC. Was a bit of a rough sea so the only ones who showed up for the evening whiskey tasing were me & DH, our two friends plus Cinderella's Friend & her boyfriend who was onboard for that cruise. The six of us had a blast, shared great stories & had lots of great whiskey!

Princesses are always polite… and breaking character is NOT an option under any circumstances
Yup, I’ve been in the MK CM cafeteria, the Mouseketeria, while princesses in full makeup were there and even then they came across as regal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter