Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am thinking of booking on the Magic Jan 21, the 5 night western Caribbean. It has been a rough year, and I need my Disney fix, but a relaxing trip. (I am a rope drop to close, over-planning Disney fan.) This would be our first Disney cruise (DH and my 30th anniversary). I really want to visit Castaway Cay but we would be able to drive to Galveston, making this cruise easier.
So, my questions are:

Would it be okay to book a Guaranteed Verandah? I normally book a lower deck room because of motion sickness, but would really like the balcony.
Will we regret not going to Castaway Cay? My thought is if DH loves it, we will book another cruise with the whole family.
Any recommendations for Progreso? I think we will stay on board in Cozumel.
Any tips on getting Palo brunch?
What else should I research/plan? Planning is half the fun!

Thanks so much!
If you are afraid of motion sickness, then I wouldn't do guaranteed. You don't get to pick your stateroom location, so you could end up in a spot that's more likely to cause motion sickness.
Only you will know if you regret not doing Castaway Cay. I love it, but also know it's pretty 'easy to get there as DCL has many itineraries that sail there, so if you don't do it this cruise but may do another you can do then.
I put my tips for Palo brunch in a reply just above this.

This is NOT correct. I have done Palo brunch on my first and second cruise. Both times I got them by going to the dining team on Embarkation Day. On The Magic the dining were at Promenade Lounge which is now Soul Cat Lounge. On The Dream the dining team were at Enchanted Garden. They are there from about 12.30pm on Embarkation Day.

On my first cruise I was put on a waitlist and got the notification in the App about 5pm on Embarkation Day.

On my second cruise I got the reservation day and time straight away.

Both Palo brunch's were at 11.30am on the first sea day.

That’s not true.

They can get it by going to whatever location dining changes are being made at

I will echo what others said that it's doable to get Palo brunch as a newbie DCL cruiser. Chances of getting Palo depend on length of sailing (how many days brunch is offered) and the mix of Castaway Club levels on the cruise. Longer cruises have a better shot, since brunch is offered more days. Rarer itineraries tend to have more higher-level Castaway Club members, which means many slots will get taken by them (as opposed to a common itinerary, which may have more silver or first-timers, so more slots would be available in the later booking windows).

Either way, if you don't get it ahead of time 1) keep checking back in the app/website. People may cancel as plans shift and 2) if that doesn't work, go to dining changes once you get on board. I've scored Palo brunch that way before.
YMMV 🤷🏼‍♀️

Right, like I said, it depends on the length of the cruise and the 'mix' of Castaway Club levels. So yes, your mileage may vary, but it's totally possible to get Palo brunch as a newbie.
Exactly. If you needed to to concierge I’d never get it 🤣

Do you ever hear rumors about where Disney is sending ships or what the future plans are? I always see posts on here about what their servers or other CMs told them about Disney's plans but I've always wondered how true they are. You especially hear a lot about the long term plans for the Magic and Wonder.

Last edited:
I also see posts on here about what their servers or other CMs told them about Disney's plans but I've always wondered how true they are.
I share your skepticism. I only buy it if the CM got the info first hand but unfortunately often it’s not.

Do you ever hear rumors about where Disney is sending ships or what the future plans are? I always see posts on here about what their servers or other CMs told them about Disney's plans but I've always wondered how true they are. You especially hear a lot about the long term plans for the Magic and Wonder.
Yes sometimes. And some things are correct and some are not. I try not to spread information unless I heard it from the source myself

Exactly. Definitely not for the money 🤣Yes I am friends with Cindy, among others. And yes I am currently onboard
Hi - being friends with Cindy and others, how might that work on a sailing? Would you be friends with more than one in a day, or could it be different friends on different days? And are you also friends in any of the shows? Or does it depend on the ship & the shows on that ship where one friend might be featured more often?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter