Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What does the last day and night onboard entail? I am sure emotions will be running high for all involved
Sorry I missed this! Yes emotions were very high! Lots and lots of tears from everyone!!
We had a sea day and it was a regular schedule of shows and character meet and greets. After our final Til We Meet Again we had some photos (and even more tears) and later we had drinks together and said our goodbyes. Then people had to finalize their packing and cleaning etc. I don’t think anyone slept at all, I know I didn’t!

Sorry I missed this! Yes emotions were very high! Lots and lots of tears from everyone!!
We had a sea day and it was a regular schedule of shows and character meet and greets. After our final Til We Meet Again we had some photos (and even more tears) and later we had drinks together and said our goodbyes. Then people had to finalize their packing and cleaning etc. I don’t think anyone slept at all, I know I didn’t!
When I was cruising the Fantasy in 2019 I saw the cruise staff team taking photos in the Atrium and saying goodbyes. Its always fun to see if you know them there were a few of us watching for deck 5, they were on deck 3

When I was cruising the Fantasy in 2019 I saw the cruise staff team taking photos in the Atrium and saying goodbyes. Its always fun to see if you know them there were a few of us watching for deck 5, they were on deck 3
Goodbyes are one of the absolute worst parts of ship life

What is til we meet again?

Do you apply at a different place? Every time on Disney jobs it’s always tree trimmers and mechanical. Just curious where best place for app is and do they offer snow bird 6 month positions?
We had thought about doing this as well after 2020 There were no seasonal positions yet we talk to CM's all the time who are seasonal. Would love to do the American Pavilion at EPCOT for the festival shows.

We had thought about doing this as well after 2020 There were no seasonal positions yet we talk to CM's all the time who are seasonal. Would love to do the American Pavilion at EPCOT for the festival shows.
There were a lot of seasonal CMs being hired at one time. The benefits were minimal and the schedule was unpredictable. If Disney gets desperate enough maybe they’ll bring it back.

The department I was in staffed Epcot’s American Gardens Theatre performances. I did it a few times. It was fun.

I would think that older, retired, transplants would be ideal Disney employees. Punctual, reliable, and want to be there. I would think seasonal employees would be in demand. :)

When it comes to taking pics at castaway cay with characters, do they want you to cover up and not be in swimwear? I was in line for character pics on board the Wonder for Hawaii, and there were character pics outside on deck 9 I think and they said they needed to cover up before taking the pic.

I would think that older, retired, transplants would be ideal Disney employees. Punctual, reliable, and want to be there. I would think seasonal employees would be in demand. :)
That’s all true.

My guess as to why Disney is discontinuing it is because they want to simplify the system and don’t want to deal with an additional complex employee category.

Full and part time schedules can be plugged in ahead of time, seasonal schedules not so much. I knew some seasonal CMs that weren’t even scheduled, they picked up shifts.

Hello everyone!

Long time no chat! What’s everyone’s cruising or WDW plans for 2024? Share your trips and make me jealous hahaha
3 WDW trips planned to visit DD who is a CP until August. March, June, and August (for move out...unless she extends or gets an internship). Thankfully we activated annual passes in December and have DVC points to use for stays! Hoping to cruise again summer 2025 before our placeholder expires!

Just booked San Angel Inn for dinner, Friday, April 12. One of Mrs. wabbott's favs. Atmosphere top rate.

Just finished a Fantasy cruise last week and no plans for a DCL cruise for at least this year unless something on the Treasure is offered.

3 WDW trips planned to visit DD who is a CP until August. March, June, and August (for move out...unless she extends or gets an internship). Thankfully we activated annual passes in December and have DVC points to use for stays! Hoping to cruise again summer 2025 before our placeholder expires!
Ah you’ll have to come and say hi to some of my friends!

Hello everyone!

Long time no chat! What’s everyone’s cruising or WDW plans for 2024? Share your trips and make me jealous hahaha
Possibly trying to convince Dad to do parks before our cruise on Magic in August 2024 if not another time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter